2011.03.18 Order Denying Defense Motion to Suppress -"Agents of the State" Motion

Going to be kind of hard to Kronk people now that the jury will hear KC's own words.

I would suggest that George and Cindy Anthony bite the bullet and listen to all those early interviews, jail phone calls, and visitations... even their interviews with LE and the FBI.

I actually believe them when they say they have not sat down and watched/listened to those audios/videos... I believe this because of their inability to face the truth. They don't even want to be faced with the truth of their own words and they can, in their minds, deny making these statements because they haven't heard it come out of their own mouths and they do this by not listening/watching these videos/audios. As long as they don't hear their own voice saying these words, they do not exist. In their minds of course.

They need to listen to these tapes if they want to even attempt to try and shape them into another version of their truth. Simply ignoring the words that were spoken, like they don't even exist, is going to be so bad for them at this trial.

Just some friendly advice.

Interesting post Lola. I believe you're being very kind to Cindy and George. But for me, in order for them to try and twist the facts and deny what happened, I think they've gone over every scrap of tapes, videos or written testimony.

But, I appreciate reading your idea for them. jmo

Lola,

Cindy tells the FBI she was appalled at how the detectives talked to her daughter at Universal. I read it. She listened to that tape. This is not a very bright family.

Remember George tells the FBI that Lee was upset that KC lied about the pregnancy. And Lee tells Morgan it was no big deal and none of his business. This is why the case is interesting - none of them can get their stories straight.

Thank you for this. I haven't listened to Cindy's FBI interview in a while. Funny how she is mad about the way LE questioned Casey about Caylee, yet she isn't mad about Casey lying to them about Caylee. She isn't mad about Caylee decomposing in the trunk of Casey's car. She isn't mad about Casey leading everyone, including them, on a wild goose chase, when critical minutes were passing by... over two million minutes (that is incorrect... it was over 2 million seconds) had passed by the time Caylee was even reported missing... what's a few more, right Cindy?:seeya:

I can see them listening to Casey's recordings, but have they listened to their own? That is where I am going with this. If they had familiarized themselves with their own statements... they would have their stories in order.

I'm with Lolamoon on this one, and I have it from a reliable source- my own sick, crazy, family dysfunction. These two can no more face their past statements than admit their daughter killed their grand daughter- they just aren't capable.

They can lie and deny til the cows come home but they don't want to watch themselves doing it. That is way too reality based for them. I believe this honestly from my own persoanl experience.

I'm sure they look at nice photo's of themselves, on occasion (maybe they are not even capable of that right now, but my hunch is they are), but watch themselves lying, obsfucating or lashing out to someone else- no way!

I think they disaccosiate (sp?) when they are in interviews (whether media, depo's, or LE), they visit all other sorts of places but the truth, but to watch themselves (or read their own testimony) NO WAY. In the privacy of their own home on their own time this would be a horrifying endeavor to them, and a shock wave to their keen ability to distort their personally manufactured reality.

They can't even recognize the fact that the statements of their supposed 'truth-telling' MOTY daughter they and her defense team were seeking to have supressed! Why would that be? Why is there a need to supress them if there is a logical reason for her to have been telling her mistruths- she was trying to protect them- remember, and poor little Caylee!

Why are they not enraged that LE forced the hand of Zenaida and she was forced to follow through on her threats to harm Caylee? Why are they not demanding justice and searching to the ends of the earth to locate and punish this master of disguises and master manipulator, this Zanny the nanny, the perfect "10"! They don't need to supress her statements, they need to explain them!

Yeah right!

This family is so far gone, I fear there is no saving them- ever. They can't handle the truth... the truth for them leads like tendrils to other truths about themsemves... well hidden truths, and this can NEVER happen!

I have to say that when the questions have been posed to the Anthonys, have you read your statements, depositions, have you done anything to prepare for today's deposition, hearing, etc. I already know they are going to say they have not lifted a finger, page, etc. I also always feel their answers are lies.
While I can see they would want nothing to do with reading the nonsense that comes out of their mouths, I always remember, these are the same people who walked around with huge binders filled with stuff, Cindy was asking ICA's friends to give her anything Casey wrote, they were printing off website forums.
Cindy was emailing WS and threatening a lawsuit.
I think when they say they have not looked at or read anything, it is their way of prefacing their "I don't recall."
According to George, he never received the letter from Casey, either. Oh wait. He was read something, but he never touched it. When pressed on this, he reverted to his lies again. "I've sent my daughter correspondence, yes."
Liars lie and it makes it really difficult to get at the truth.

Interesting post Lola. I believe you're being very kind to Cindy and George. But for me, in order for them to try and twist the facts and deny what happened, I think they've gone over every scrap of tapes, videos or written testimony.

But, I appreciate reading your idea for them. jmo

Yah, I gotta say I find it UNPOSSIBLE Cindy hasn't listened to every scrap of every interview to the point of obsession.

Just the way I perceive her after having observed the controlling behavior these past few years.

No way (I say) she can't recite every last utterance down to the "ifs, buts and huge wastes".

No way!

Yah, I gotta say I find it UNPOSSIBLE Cindy hasn't listened to every scrap of every interview to the point of obsession.

Just the way I perceive her after having observed the controlling behavior these past few years.

No way (I say) she can't recite every last utterance down to the "ifs, buts and waste, huge wastes".

No way!

They do seem to have a ready answer for just about everything...

They do seem to have a ready answer for just about everything...

Yup, too bad they have such lousy material to spin.

I'm so glad Casey's own words will be played for the jury. Thank you judge.

Tired.

I read for a FACT from Cindy's mouth to the FBI in her interview that she was appalled by the way the detectives were talking to her daughter during the interview (Universal). So we know she listened to that one. But Cindy forgets what she says sometimes. As we all know.

I remember that too. And I cannot for the life of me fathom that she heard those interviews yet does not seem as shocked by ICA's icy demeanor as everyone else in the world who hears it is. She only is appalled by LE. If I heard my daughter like that I would be frantic for a psych eval saying she must have had a psychotic break!! Or are they just so used to this in her? FBI also asked if ICA ever had inappropriate emotional reactions and CA says no, I don't think so. (huh?). But then she says I've never seen her cry for no reason...so she didn't even think about well, did she ever NOT cry when she should have??

I think Cindy, George, and Lee have viewed and listened to these visits with Casey as well. One reason is that they were all so media hungry and wanted to see every clip of the visitations as well as all media clips because they were in them. Vanity, if you will.

They have viewed the videos several times in all probability.

JMO

I remember that too. And I cannot for the life of me fathom that she heard those interviews yet does not seem as shocked by ICA's icy demeanor as everyone else in the world who hears it is. She only is appalled by LE. If I heard my daughter like that I would be frantic for a psych eval saying she must have had a psychotic break!! Or are they just so used to this in her? FBI also asked if ICA ever had inappropriate emotional reactions and CA says no, I don't think so. (huh?). But then she says I've never seen her cry for no reason...so she didn't even think about well, did she ever NOT cry when she should have??

She is definitely an agent for the state of ICA.
When confronted about stealing money from AP, she came back with "Well, it was only 20 dollars." Or something stupid like that.
"Well, she only did it once."
Her pretense of ignorance is also getting old.

I think Cindy, George, and Lee have viewed and listened to these visits with Casey as well. One reason is that they were all so media hungry and wanted to see every clip of the visitations as well as all media clips because they were in them. Vanity, if you will.

They have viewed the videos several times in all probability.

JMO

Yep! Who can forget George in Satsuma getting his face in the cameras. "Its not about me guys, but they need, they need...ME!"
Weeeeeeeeeee!

I would suggest that George and Cindy Anthony bite the bullet and listen to all those early interviews, jail phone calls, and visitations... even their interviews with LE and the FBI.

I actually believe them when they say they have not sat down and watched/listened to those audios/videos... I believe this because of their inability to face the truth. They don't even want to be faced with the truth of their own words and they can, in their minds, deny making these statements because they haven't heard it come out of their own mouths and they do this by not listening/watching these videos/audios. As long as they don't hear their own voice saying these words, they do not exist. In their minds of course.

They need to listen to these tapes if they want to even attempt to try and shape them into another version of their truth. Simply ignoring the words that were spoken, like they don't even exist, is going to be so bad for them at this trial.

Just some friendly advice.

I would suggest that george and cindy just bite the bullet and tell the truth.

BBM - I find that impossible. If they had familiarized themselves with anything, they would not have messed up so bad on that stand. They would have their stories in order... they would be consistent.

For a long time, Cindy had stated (interviews) that George was the one who told her that detectives told George that Casey was not going to be coming back home on July 16th, 2008. For a long time, Cindy was not the one told that Casey wasn't coming home. In George's deposition, he states that he received a phone call, while outside of the Anthony home, from Yuri Melich and was told that Casey was not coming home. Cindy, for some reason, thought that inserting herself at the scene when this comment was made would make it more believable... unfortunately, John Allen was the one who told George and Cindy that Casey was not coming home.

If you watch George and Cindy during LDB's closing statement, at one point, George and Cindy look at each other in disbelief and I believe they were muttering to one another "Did you say that?" and they both shook their heads that they weren't the ones who said it.

There is no reason, if they had watched and listened to all these recordings, after more than 2 years, that their stories would be completely out of sync. None of them, including Lee, could agree on who set up the jail visits! They all had a different version of how that happened. George believed he set up the appointment. Lee thought that Yuri Melich set up the appointment. Cindy didn't know who set up the appointment, but it sure was someone from LE.

I don't even know if the three of them even speak to each other outside of the eyes of the public.

If they had all just told the truth their stories would have been the same, the truth doesn't change. I don't understand what your thought process is here.

IF they dont they will reap Just Rewards in the courts of Justice..Its one thing to challenge an interviewer in a depo..ITS quite another to lie or mis-respresent facts on a stand under oath infront of a Judge and Jury!!

I am so please ( tho not surprised) Judge Perry made this ruling...All we have to worry about now is the fundings so this cse moves forward!! swiftly and completely and Caylee's Day in Court gets her Justice !!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::great::woohoo:

If they had all just told the truth their stories would have been the same, the truth doesn't change. I don't understand what your thought process is here.

I think the only true truths told by Cindy and George was in the first 72 hours..I think after their C&G when Casey was in jail..they realized all was lost for Caylee and NOW had to work to protect Casey..thus campaign to locate a LIVE Caylee ..then demean anybody and everybody who didnt believe Casey nor believed Caylee was Alive!1 The rest is History..and THEY C&G worked their butts off to make as much money and distribute falsehoods from that day forward!! JMOO and take on that :maddening:

Wonderful ruling, thank you so much Judge Perry for making sense of the nonsense. Three days of hearings for the State - a win. Three days of hearings for the Defense - a waste, a huge waste.

Some valued clips from the order:

"The issue thus presented is whether or not these individuals were acting as 'instruments of State' during these conversations. For the reasons discussed infra, the Court finds that they were not."

"Counsel for the Defense contends that George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony were acting as 'agents of the State' during their jail visits with the Defendant. Applying the preceding authority to the case sub judice, the Court disagrees."

"... the Court finds that law enforcement did not manipulate any member of the Anthony family into doing something that they weren't already intending to do. Indeed, every member of the family testified that they were going to get information from the Defendant regarding Caylee, regardless of what law enforcement did in this case."

and my personal favorite ...

"Furthermore, the statements are highly relevant, specifically regarding demonstrating consciousness of guilt."

Thank you for mentioning Caylee so often in your order, Sir.

So now all the defense has to work with is the "Zanny the Nanny" story.

Did they really believe all references to the elusive "10" would be inadmissible? How could they hitch their star to this ridiculous wagon?

How can they counter their own client's words?

Nit-picking about vines and water levels is going to get them nothing!

All I can see is insanity plea (it's too late for that) or I don't know what.

I guess they can pray for a mentally unstable juror and work their butts off for a hung jury. ICA will remain in jail and she'll be retried with a public defender. CM and JB will be loooong gone before a second trial gears up.

That's about the best case scenario I can think of. And it ain't good.

G and C better bite that bullet before it bites them - but I'm afraid it's too late for that. They should have shut the (ahem) up and never ever EVER taunted the media.

Apple/tree yadda yadda
(sorry just reading this -haven't read the whole thread)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back