2011.04.04 Motion Defendant's: For Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel

Another delay tactic? Need more time to get the next one up to speed? Someone on the team in agreement and doesn't mind taking one for the team to ensure a delay?

but of if you are an officer of the court and you know for a fact that a witness is lying, don't you have a duty to tell the truth and report it?

Its my understanding they do not have to report it..however they CANNOT SUBBORN Perjury by a witness..unless it is the defendent..and in that case he only asks questions and let the answers stand...At least that is what I understand..Please correct me IF I am wrong..TYIA:seeya:

Cheney Mason will claim that his reason for stepping down is because Judge Perry is biased and Casey will not get a fair trial.. Which actually means this "b" is guilty as "s" and I cannot defend her...she is toast!

OK, having absorbed all of the sleuthiness on this topic thus far, I am betting it will be CM.

Someone get Hornsby on the Horn...he may have the scuttlebutt by now ;)
At least he can see if the placard has come down yet..

I think it is Simms, with that statement she said of "I'm the one with the bad hair" with the prior day when Simm's tried to help out JB and started to state what her belief was as to what the stipulation was, JB CUT HER OFF and said twice to her "Don't, Don't. Then the judge said what were you going to say Ms. Simms, and I heard JB say, go ahead.

Now the look she gave ICA and to me was a look of surprise. Simms knew CA just lied on the stand. I think probably other stuff Simm's is aware of since joining the team and she wants ZERO part of because it is either illegal or unethical in what she witnessed or knows. all this of course is MOO

I think it is Simms, with that statement she said of "I'm the one with the bad hair" with the prior day when Simm's tried to help out JB and started to state what her belief was as to what the stipulation was, JB CUT HER OFF and said twice to her "Don't, Don't. Then the judge said what were you going to say Ms. Simms, and I heard JB say, go ahead.

Now the look she gave ICA and to me was a look of surprise. Simms knew CA just lied on the stand. I think probably other stuff Simm's is aware of since joining the team and she wants ZERO part of because it is either illegal or unethical in what she witnessed or knows. all this of course is MOO
You summed it up for me perfectly :)

OK, having absorbed all of the sleuthiness on this topic thus far, I am betting it will be CM.

Me too. I think CM's big "trick" was to get the police interviews and jail visitation tapes thrown out. He failed. He's come to the end of his hallway and wants to salvage what's left of his reputation.

But ... I waver on DCS. If she's truly an expert in scientific questioning, she has to know what a farce last week's hearings were. Perhaps she has scruples?

Really, just ethically the two women on this team have more than CM. It's been proven over and over by his "hubris". I surely can see him bowing out much sooner, and with more ease than AF or DCS. He's read the writing on the wall, and he wants out of this fun house.

Although I am sure we will never know the real reason why any of them have quit...
I choose to assume it is because they cannot defend the woman who killed her precious child...nothing else logically makes sense to me.

I thought DS said that she wasn't available for Wed. hearing (lipread)...so maybe she has important business elsewhere? Can someone remind me why she was on the team in the first place? So many have come and gone...it's hard to keep track.

She was brought on to take on the forensics after LKB exited.

For that reason, I predict it is DSs motion to withdraw. I never understood WTH JB was questioning Furton instead of DS. It made no sense at all to me. I keep thinking, "well, if she isn't going to examine the forensic experts, what exactly IS she going to do?"

I saw someone else ask RH on his blog why it was JB instead of DS examining the forensic witnesses and he said it made no sense to him either.

If I were her, I would wave goodbye in a heartbeat after JB's mess during the Frye hearings.

Hmmm? it's still anybodies guess. But here would be my reasonings behind any of the current "big 4".

1. CM - Probably the most likely. He has seemed bored with the case lately. It isn't his big hurrah that he expected. Of particular noteworthiness is he has barely been there for the recent evidence hearings, and I don't believe he has been the one to question any of the witnesses, or even address the court. Lately he seems to spend more time defending JB then he does defending KC. This is a problem. he may be getting out of dodge.

2. AF - So far the only professional seeming member of the team. She must be horrified with what she has landed in the middle of. The amount of things she was not told about that she then had to learn from the judge. The depletion of any designated budgets for her to do her job. And the horror show of the last 2 Frye hearings, one of which she had to literally drag her co council out of teh courtroom to school him, before he got them all jailed for contempt. She seems like a professional. I can see her reaching a point of either the clowns go or she goes.

3. DCS - much like AF, she has got to be horrified at what has gone on in the past few court sessions. I am sure she has never seen anything like it outside of a bad Lifetime Channel TV movie. She was brought in for science and evidence. That is going nowhere, so she might be.

4. JB - Given the above highlighted horrors of the past few hearings, someone may have finally got it through to KC that this cannot continue. It is her life on the line. I'm not counting on this one, but you never know. Or she may simply be peeved at him for taking away her crayons, or not lying enough for her.

My money is still on CM or AF. That Brief in support of the motion still has me thinking it is from the alternate DP attorney saying that it is ok.

Agree Faefrost and wonder if the support addition is Finnell saying she is willing to step up into the guilt phase if CM steps out, because she actually signed on for the mitigation phase.

Okay, now at the end and no word yet - that is the fastest I have ever read a thread.

I can't for one moment believe that Ann Finnell would withdraw, she is the only lawyer making a worthwhile contribution and is probably working her butt off on the mitigation aspect, as well as keeping Baez from a contempt charge. I don't believe she would be able to withdraw because of her morals as she might believe she would be contributing to a clients death sentence. I believe Miss Finnell is the only one who is able to, because of her ethics, see this one out till the end. For Miss Finnell this is not about money, book deals nor publicity - Miss Finnell won't bail because of lack of travel expenses or some such rubbish, yes Baden and Lyon, I'm looking right at ya!

Miss Finnell is head and shoulders above all the defense team lawyers that have participated in this case.

I base this opinion on watching and listening to Miss Finnell during the hearings and nothing else, but this lady appears to have class, ethics and morals.

Me too. I think CM's big "trick" was to get the police interviews and jail visitation tapes thrown out. He failed. He's come to the end of his hallway and wants to salvage what's left of his reputation.

But ... I waver on DCS. If she's truly an expert in scientific questioning, she has to know what a farce last week's hearings were. Perhaps she has scruples?

She is actually an expert in finding fallacies or inconsistencies in experts in medical malpractice trials isn't she?

Just wondering . . . .
if this Atty wants to step down . . .
Do they owe somebody a box of oranges?

I'm voting for Cheney Mason to be the one. He has been detatched in the courtroom most of the time. I'm wondering if he will cite health reasons.

Sims promised to stay to the end and I'm thinking she will.

Ann Finnel has been THE DP lawyer from the get-go and has done all the mitigation work. Mason did none of that.

JB is stuck.

I am still searching for the video! Will post it here for you as soon as I find it!

This article I believe may be from the video, however I am not finding the video.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18025942/detail.html

Notice the date posted: POSTED: Thursday, November 20, 2008

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb_ZztZOKM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Mason says you can predict there will be a life sentence

For that reason, I predict it is DS's motion to withdraw. I never understood WTH JB was questioning Furton instead of AF. It made no sense at all to me. I keep thinking, "well, if she isn't going to examine the forensic experts, what exactly IS she going to do?"

I saw someone else ask RH on his blog why it was JB instead of AF examining the forensic witnesses and he said it made no sense to him either.

If I were her, I would wave goodbye in a heartbeat after JB's mess during the Frye hearings.

That was my question as well - why in the world would Jose have been the one doing the questioning in that hearing?? I wondered if possibly she had written the questions, but for some reason they thought it better to have him out front??? I thought that was very strange!!

For that reason, I predict it is AF's motion to withdraw. I never understood WTH JB was questioning Furton instead of AF. It made no sense at all to me. I keep thinking, "well, if she isn't going to examine the forensic experts, what exactly IS she going to do?"

I saw someone else ask RH on his blog why it was JB instead of AF examining the forensic witnesses and he said it made no sense to him either.

I'm confused - wasn't AF brought on for mitigation not forensics? Why would AF be questioning Furton?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back