2011.04.04 Motion Defendant's: For Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by pip, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cloud9

cloud9 New Member

That's what I thought!

2. chefmom

chefmom Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

My money is on CM. That would leave AF as a death qualified attorney on board. I wouldn't blamd DCS, however, after how rude JB was to her recently. That was extremely unprofessional! But we are talking about JB so I guess it is to be expected. I really hope it is CM. He irks me the most after JB. moo

3. beach

beach Verified Expert

You know me all too well! :highfive:

:floorlaugh:

4. sumbunny

sumbunny New Member

5. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

Denjet, wouldn't Ann Finnell have to agree to step up to the guilt phase with JB because he is not DP qualified? As a mitigation lawyer I don't believe she has to be in the courtroom during the guilt phase of the hearings and trial, but if CM leaves she would - wouldn't she?

6. seeing_eye

seeing_eye New Member

My bet is on CM. For the last few weeks, I've had the impression there has been a silent war going on between CM and CJPerry. I think the quick denial to CM's latest motion accusing the judge of bias was the "straw that broke the camel's back." CM being the "camel," of course. I think he is arrogant and can't tolerate being chided and "outwitted" by an "inferior." I think in his mind, everyone besides his own self is inferior to him. It's the same reason he can't stand to be outwitted by a woman, a definite inferior. And that war too was lost in CJPerry's court. I believe CM can't take any more.

7. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

JB had to keep up his macho machismo persona you know.

:floorlaugh:

8. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Wow. Is it me or is this withdrawal worded oddly? It's giving me such a weird vibe...OMG, I want to know who it is!!!!

NOT THE MORNING!!!! I want to know NOW!!! Great, I'm going to be tortured all night. Did someone put out the Muzikman signal yet?

Please, God, let it be CM!!!! (I predict him or DCS).

9. pip

pip New Member

GAHHHHH- I want to know too! :great:

10. tygomuk

tygomuk New Member

Being the most professional member of the team, Ann Finnell is the ideal of who LKB would like to be in real life. AF is committed to her cause in a true pro-bono meaning and is not looking to retire from this case. She is doing what she does and she does it well. I would predict this to be between CM and DCS. And with a likely nod to DCS, who has risen to the threshold of novice so far in these proceedings, although she apparently had a reputation up until this point. MOO

11. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

I could be wrong because it was so long ago but I thought I remembered a report which said there was a dryer sheet under one of the front seats.

Did Cindy take the car seat out after they had said they were taking the car? In one of the police photos you can see the car seat and KC's shoes. In another picture you cannot see the carseat unless it just does not show up in the picture. jmo

12. momshrink

momshrink New Member

I wonder if there are more illegal things going on than we know and DS does not want to be associated with it. I think AF is very committed to helping clients avoid the death penalty. Maybe more comfortable working with the worst of the worst, but feel that life in prison is preferable to death by injection. I think CM cannot quit - I think he was asked to join the team by other attorneys who were concerned about appeals and who thought he could advise. I think he did it so there would be a death penalty expert and the case could be tried and not over turned later. I do not think he ever has been a very willing team member. Obviously everyone misjudged ICA and JB on their willingness to accept help - too stubborn to listen to anyone else.
    I think it is DS leaving. I think she is disgusted and not willing to be a party to whatever illegal things are being done. JMO

13. ThinkTank

ThinkTank Active Member

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/March-2011/Orlando-039s-Best-Lawyers-2011/
    Orlando's Best Lawyers 2011

When you need an attorney, you want someone with a strong reputation and a proven track record. Our annual list of Orlando’s Best Lawyers provides the names of attorneys most recommended by their colleagues in the field.

A national attorney evaluation firm, Woodward/White, Inc., conducted an extensive peer-review survey asking established local lawyers to name top practitioners in their areas of specialization. Those lawyers were asked, “If you could not handle a case yourself, to whom would you refer it?’’

Our 2011 list has more than 310 lawyers listed in 48 specialty areas. Lawyers are listed alphabetically by specialty; Woodward/White and Orlando magazine have made every effort to ensure the list is accurate.

Criminal Defense: White-Collar

James Cheney Mason
    Law Offices of J. Cheney Mason
    390 N. Orange Ave., Suite 2100
    Orlando · 407-843-5785

14. darnudes

darnudes Inactive

Baez is stuck along with his 89 large and change in blood money - Baez can't leave.

Mason can leave if Miss Finnell stays, Mason came on board for the hearing she was declared indigent (read no blood money bucks left) - Mason can walk anytime as can Sims or Miss Finnell, but I think ONE Death Penalty lawyer has to stay on the case - or else there will be an issue, maybe trial delayed if both walked or maybe Judge Perry can make one of them stay - not sure on this one, question for AZlawyer :)

Out of all the lawyers the only one that is stuck fast is Baez.

Lyon bailed just in time before the law changed and before the SAO investigation on LB and fake forms.

15. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

Well let us look at this: If JB is the one leaving, this indeed will delay the trial until at least July August, perfect with the budget problems. Reason for delay of announcement on who, is so the Court or SA and make the formal announcement of the delay of the trial and it will be because JB is leaving and not the budget. Perhaps the Bar investigation has something to do with it too?

I can see how the BAR would address this now (find a loophole) so to speak to rid JB now, in order to keep the Courts going under the huge budget constraints.

Ok I guess maybe too my Crime TV shows are entering my head.

16. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

“You can pretty well predict there’s going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life,”

– J.Cheney Mason, counsel for Casey Anthony

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb_ZztZOKM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

17. darnudes

darnudes Inactive

lol....thank you, aww bless, I can see you there just jumping up and down in your seat on tenterhooks like the rest of us. I can barely get my comments out quick enough either. We should have a book running on who it is - what should the winners get? :)

18. TrialAddict

TrialAddict Member

Could it be, Casey? ;)

19. darnudes

darnudes Inactive

Nice post! :)

20. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member