2011.04.06 Clint Dunn Arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a taste I suspect. Next they will book him for littering...and then a left turn without signaling...kwim?

LE seems to have an eye on him that's for sure. My sister lives in TX and says lots of folks carry guns. Not my choice (or what I would do). But is this a witch hunt?

Just my opinion.

Mel

A lot of people in Texas carry guns LEGALLY. He wasn't. But I do feel that he is afraid of someone.

Is clint hailey's father or is he the BF or ex Bf of the mom that they think did this crime her murder

It is very sad. He has another daughter, he needs to keep himself out of trouble.

The law for Texas regarding this can be seen here.

I would think that handguns are common in Texas, but apparently you need a licence to carry a concealed weapon, which I'm guessing he doesn't have. Possibly his criminal history prohibits him from owning one (see here for the law in that regard). Is he still on probation? If that is the case he could find himself in serious trouble.

Just a taste I suspect. Next they will book him for littering...and then a left turn without signaling...kwim?

What on earth would make anyone think that Abilene PD was picking on him? This is not Podunk Texas. The APD is a very professional agency. They don't have the time or the desire to sit around waiting for Clint Dunn. I doubt that the cop who stopped him had a clue who he was before pulling him over. Even then, I doubt there was an automatic connection made to a two year old case from Colorado City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE seems to have an eye on him that's for sure. My sister lives in TX and says lots of folks carry guns. Not my choice (or what I would do). But is this a witch hunt?

Just my opinion.

Mel

Maybe people don't realize that Abilene PD is not a small agency. This is a very well run professional PD. To them and to most people in Abilene, Clint Dunn is just some guy who got stopped and was stoned with a gun. Colorado City is a tiny blip on their radar, an hour and a half away from here. People here wouldn't know Clint Dunn if he walked up and shook their hand.

What would you have them do when they find a stoned felon in possession of a gun during a routine traffic stop? ( The gun was sitting on the seat beside him, not in the glove box or under the seat or on a rack. )Tell him to have a nice night and send him on his way?

What on earth would make anyone think that Abilene PD was picking on him? This is not Podunk Texas. The APD is a very professional agency. They don't have the time or the desire to sit around waiting for Clint Dunn. I doubt that the cop who stopped him had a clue who he was before pulling him over. Even then, I doubt there was an automatic connection made to a two year old case from Colorado City.

It has crossed my mind that maybe, and that's a huge MAYBE, someone called the Abilene PD, and told them that Clint Dunn was on his way to Abilene, with a gun, and had plans to use it!!!
This is just speculation on my part.........does not come from MSM and does not have a link. :floorlaugh:

If someone did make such a call to APD they would have an obligation to check him out if they came across him in Abilene that day. It would be treated like any " angry man with a gun" report. That doesn't mean the APD "has it out for him". Can you imagine the uproar it would cause if they ignored such a call and someone got shot?

MOO

If someone did make such a call to APD they would have an obligation to check him out if they came across him in Abilene that day. It would be treated like any " angry man with a gun" report. That doesn't mean the APD "has it out for him". Can you imagine the uproar it would cause if they ignored such a call and someone got shot?

MOO

Oh, ITA!! I was just offering a thought on why he got pulled. I do not believe the APD has it out for him. I just think they were forewarned. Thank goodness!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288