2011.04.21 Amy Huizenga's depo (2/14/2011)

I understand what you are trying to say. Having only read TL's depo (and being very disappointed I might add) I can't say if Amy comes across the same way. TL seemed to be saying that he found out after the fact about KC's lies, and that has tainted his memory, but during the time he was with her KC was WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, MOTY. What reference does he draw on to come to that conclusion???? hmmmmmm How wonderful can you be when you leave your daughter in another room with your roommates to make WHOOPEE in the afternoon? I guess he did think she was all that.

I don't want to get too OT because this is Amy's thread - but Tony's depo was a waste, a huge waste ;) He couldn't remember a darn thing, BUT he could remember how often his friends and girlfriends ran out of gas! Come on now!

I'm glad Amy stood her ground and IMHO sounded very truthful. She will be an excellent witness on the stand. TL OTOH, not so much. He's also a sloucher (as I've witnessed on You Tube). I wonder if he'll even wear a tie to court, while answering every question with a "I don't know".

MOO

Mel

OK - finished. Amy did great. She still told the exact same story she did in her police interviews. Her deposition, and that of TL.....night and day.
No wonder KC hooked up with TL. IMHO it was way too easy to fool him.

Page 87 -- June calendar http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27623766/detail.html

Note says - in part, car seat at impound. <-------- why was that noted in the meeting --- was that in a text from KC to Amy? Seems odd to note that especially if the above mention of Caylee at beach (mom at beach too) ........ so, someone help me out here, why is the car seat at the impound noted???????/:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Presumably KC's friends, as they were compiling this calendar, realized that while KC was telling them Caylee was with the nanny, at the beach, etc., Caylee's car seat was, in fact, at the impound lot in the car. They probably thought it was odd that KC would not have given Caylee's car seat to the nanny.

Amy is my favorite interview in that her words flow and she seems sure of what she is saying. She doesn't cause me to doubt what she is saying because of the way she is saying it.

Amy seems like a nice person who got caught up in something beyond her control. She probably has learned to trust her gut the next time she thinks someone isn't being honest with her.

Good grief, JB is like well you were going to get your money back and she apologized so why would you prosecute? Sounds like someone else I know...

AH:[...] but justice is still justice.

Love it.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 109
The following detail re: the creation of the calendar speaks VOLUMES about these kids' character IMO. Amy, Jesse, Troy and Ricardo.

The fact that they sat in the teeny chairs at the teeny table in the children's section is heartbreaking. O! the irony.

pp 47-48

Attachments

• ahdeposcrap.jpg
    ahdeposcrap.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 171
The following detail re: the creation of the calendar speaks VOLUMES about these kids' character IMO. Amy, Jesse, Troy and Ricardo.

The fact that they sat in the teeny chairs at the teeny table in the children's section is heartbreaking. O! the irony.

pp 47-48

I was just coming to ask, did we ever see this calendar?

ETA: Sorry, I didn't scroll to the exhibit...I didn't know it was attached

Amy is my favorite interview in that her words flow and she seems sure of what she is saying. She doesn't cause me to doubt what she is saying because of the way she is saying it.

Amy seems like a nice person who got caught up in something beyond her control. She probably has learned to trust her gut the next time she thinks someone isn't being honest with her.

I agree. And what makes me very sad (and angry) is that it's obvious that Amy had great compassion for Cindy - at least at the time. Baez tries to make her feel guilty for "betraying" ICA by outing her whereabouts to her mother, but Amy described Cindy's obvious anguish and desperation and couldn't find it in her heart to not help her. This was before Amy had any serious doubts about Casey, hadn't discovered the money/checks missing and had no concerns about Caylee's wellbeing. In other words, no motive other than helping a very very distressed woman.

How does Cindy repay that loyalty and kindness? By trying to destroy Amy's reputation and throw her under the bus.:loser:

Shameful behavior - and other than the lying and tampering, one of the many reasons Cindy is despised by almost everyone who has knowledge of this case. :maddening:

I am glad Amy stood her ground.
A crime was committed against her..she had every right to notify LE, press charges and prosecute.

IMO Casey was not apologetic at the time she was stealing Amy's money..she was apologetic only after she got caught and was being held responsible for her actions.

I haven't read the deposition yet, but this really gets to me that JB would even try to make Amy feel bad for pressing charges against Casey for the stolen monies. And if I am remembering things correctly, it was Bank of America, not Amy who really pressed for charges against Casey.

I am 100% sure that Amy never got back the $400.00 in cash that Casey stole from her before the trip to Puerto Rico... so, imo, Casey still owes Amy money... she was not paid back for ALL of the money that was stolen! :banghead:

Some of that is just so slimy...especially the end for me where Baez seems to be asking if Amy is hooking up with Jesse. He has to ask twice if they were dating? Anything to make everybody else look bad.

ICA prolly put him up to that... all jealous and stuff. "So, are you guys hookin' up? Huh?" LOL (lots of luck)

I really do not like this questioning on pages 45 - 47ish. He seems to be trying to make Amy feel guilty for pressing charges against Casey? :waitasec: I mean really, "Did you see that she apologized to you through her mother in a jail visit?" :maddening: "But you still wanted to prosecute?" :maddening:

I really do hope Amy is enjoying her job on the ship. I feel so bad for her. Being dragged into this mess!!
...and not sure if this has been mentioned....but CM's line of questioning was downright condescending..."you haven't had many jobs since school". What an a$$.

I haven't read the deposition yet, but this really gets to me that JB would even try to make Amy feel bad for pressing charges against Casey for the stolen monies. And if I am remembering things correctly, it was Bank of America, not Amy who really pressed for charges against Casey.

I am 100% sure that Amy never got back the $400.00 in cash that Casey stole from her before the trip to Puerto Rico... so, imo, Casey still owes Amy money... she was not paid back for ALL of the money that was stolen! :banghead:
...but as he said, it was only speculation on Amy's part that it was 'ole sticky fingers who took the money...ya know, the one who had the audacity to steal from her own grandparents?
I found many of the things Baez asked offensive. Amy...you did great!

Good grief, JB is like well you were going to get your money back and she apologized so why would you prosecute? Sounds like someone else I know...
...again...if this hadn't all happened...anyone think Casey would have spoken up and said..."Oh, btw, I stole all your money."?

I could not believe the difference in the two depositions. Defense asked Amy, have you ever been arrested, do you have a problm with drugs, have you ever been diagnosed with mental issues! they went into her education, her work history. Nothing even remotely similar to these questions were asked during Tony's deposition. I took it as they were deposing Amy as a 'hostile witness' and Tony as a defense witness - if that makes any sense. they most certainly tried to lay a lot of guilt on her and I agree with the poster who thought Mason was being condescending!

...and not sure if this has been mentioned....but CM's line of questioning was downright condescending..."you haven't had many jobs since school". What an a$$.

I wish Amy had replied "you're right, not as many as others but certainly more than your client. And they were real jobs too!"

I could not believe the difference in the two depositions. Defense asked Amy, have you ever been arrested, do you have a problm with drugs, have you ever been diagnosed with mental issues! they went into her education, her work history. Nothing even remotely similar to these questions were asked during Tony's deposition. I took it as they were deposing Amy as a 'hostile witness' and Tony as a defense witness - if that makes any sense. they most certainly tried to lay a lot of guilt on her and I agree with the poster who thought Mason was being condescending!

Remember, Cindy has said that 'Zanny' might have been code for AMY or RICARDO. So the out of control, speeding bus might be aiming for her as well as George and Jesse.

Remember, Cindy has said that 'Zanny' might have been code for AMY or RICARDO. So the out of control, speeding bus might be aiming for her as well as George and Jesse.

True, but I think Amy did a wonderful job of dodging said bus :great:

Why did CM ask "do you want to go there?" to JB?? It was after a comment about Amy supposedly meeting KC at a NYE party onDec 31, 2007.

amynye.PNG click to enlarge

then discussion of Amy's car crash and whether her car was actually totaled.
amycarcrash.PNG

It appears that her crash occurred the week of June 9th....somewhere around there....

So...given my suspicion that Ricardo is a possible bus victim.....it would make sense that Amy falls within that category as well.

As Macushla commented....it's as if Amy was treated as a hostile witness.

Even CM said early on in the depo that they had been "trying to find you" even though they knew full well where she was!! It was even discussed in open court and LDB came to Amy's defense when CM asserted that she was not cooperating.

tryingtofindyou.PNG

So.....CM got it on the record in a hearing that Amy wasn't cooperating. And while the DT had 2 years to depose her they did not...and now in the depo...CM stated that they were trying to find her!!

Hostile witness? NO

Hostile DT?? YEP

Casey tells Amy that Caylee had learned how to use a phone & called her the day Casey picked up Amy at the airport (July 15th). Hmmm, didn't Casey say "Zanny" had called her and allowed Caylee to speak with her for a moment? :waitasec: Then Casey supposedly tried to call the number back (that had showed up as "private" - how do you call a private number back? You don't!)....

Or am I remembering that incorrectly? Did she actually tell the 911 operator that Caylee had called her by herself? No wonder these people can't remember things that were said & done nearly 3 years ago, because I sure can't!

I also noticed that Amy stated Casey told her she had a bad relationship with Cindy, not George. Sorry I didn't think to write down the page & line #'s. :doh:

Why did CM ask "do you want to go there?" to JB?? It was after a comment about Amy supposedly meeting KC at a NYE party onDec 31, 2007.

View attachment 14735 click to enlarge

then discussion of Amy's car crash and whether her car was actually totaled.
View attachment 14736

It appears that her crash occurred the week of June 9th....somewhere around there....

So...given my suspicion that Ricardo is a possible bus victim.....it would make sense that Amy falls within that category as well.

As Macushla commented....it's as if Amy was treated as a hostile witness.

Even CM said early on in the depo that they had been "trying to find you" even though they knew full well where she was!! It was even discussed in open court and LDB came to Amy's defense when CM asserted that she was not cooperating.

View attachment 14737

So.....CM got it on the record in a hearing that Amy wasn't cooperating. And while the DT had 2 years to depose her they did not...and now in the depo...CM stated that they were trying to find her!!

Hostile witness? NO

Hostile DT?? YEP

Didn't CM say that he wouldn't go to Miami when she was off the cruise ship to interview her? He knew where she was. If he wanted her depo earlier he could of gotten it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back