2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Aedrys, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

I just saw this posted on the news thread.

What the heck is this about, I wonder? Are they not wanting to keep something confidential anymore? My mind is running wild with this! What do you all think?

2. Loading...

3. mydailyopinions

mydailyopinions New Member

I would think this involves the reports that JP was spotted in West Palm Beach.

4. mydailyopinions

mydailyopinions New Member

I would think this involves the reports that JP was spotted in West Palm Beach. The defense team will raise an issue at this point if JP drives through any McDonalds that may be close to a courthouse in Florida to fill his tummy with a yummy Big Mac. No matter where he goes there will be speculation about where this jury is coming from.

5. Aedrys

Ooh, good point. I hadn't thought of that! Can't wait to see the actual motion!

6. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

More people want to know location of jury selection prior to May 9th?

7. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

I bet it has to do with HHJP's order that only media people who sign a confidentiality agreement will be allowed to know the location of jury selection ahead of time.

8. Aedrys

Wow, apparently I missed that one! It makes sense, though, with those two stories about HHJP being spotted in West Palm Beach.

And now I'm wondering who's behind this latest motion. I'm placing bets on WESH.

9. wenwe4

wenwe4 Active Member

I was wondering what this was all about as well. Who filed this motion? I know I posted the info from the clerk's site . . as it just happened to pop up while I was there but I have no idea how to get further info unless it is from the media links themselves or our own MM. I would imagine if any media outlet filed this then they will have it up on a website soon.

10. QueenD

QueenD Well-Known Member

Could it have anything to do with this?

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/26995553/detail.html

The court is proposing a confidentiality agreement for Orlando media covering the Casey Anthony trial jury selection in May.

Who's Who In The Case Against Casey

A proposed agreement was distributed at a media meeting on Friday morning.

The court is leaning towards notifying the media the day before jury selection begins.

Court officials said the decision was not final, and they are looking for media feedback on the idea.

Judge Belvin Perry plans to seat a jury in one week in a county other than Orange County.

11. wenwe4

wenwe4 Active Member

Random question . . . how much is a hotel room in Palm Beach? (I have no idea where it is but since there is a "beach" in the name I thought this would be a little spendy)

12. lowens1975

lowens1975 New Member

I really wish they'd leave JP alone and stay away from speculating at least until the jury is seated and sequestered.

Drive through at Mickey D's??? :great:

"I'd like to order 12 jurors, add a side order of 8 alternates and could I get fries with that?"

13. cherishtoo

cherishtoo Member

Geraldo Rivera promises to ‘raise some hell down there in Orlando’

just saying!

14. Numbers

Numbers New Member

Do you want to Super Size that? :floorlaugh:

15. LolaMoon08

LolaMoon08 Active Member

That really bothers me?!?! This is a trial about a murdered baby and he wants to come to town raising hell? About what?

16. Panda's eye

Panda's eye New Member

As Mr. Baez considered being in the Secret Service ( cough cough ) at one time maybe he will keep switching vehicles and follow JP everywhere he goes in hopes of getting his word out, throwing out printed fliers with his messages to media deprived areas, just in case.......a heads up for " hero JP " ....keep an eye in your rearview for possible approaching buffoon.....JMO ....:seeya:

17. Macushla

Macushla Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds

If I remember correctly from when we lived there, Palm Beach County is one of the wealthiest Counties in FL. West Palm Beach is a pretty upscale town and I doubt you could find a hotel room for under $100. If you go outside West Palm to Lake Worth, etc. might find one cheaper. This is also 'out of season' for tourists so that would help bring down the price too. JB is not going to be happy if the jury is coming from Palm Beach County and that just tickles me pink!

18. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

O
    I'm just speculating it's About Geraldo and only him. He is an a:;

19. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

Yes, West Palm Beach is a pricey area. A lot of Wealthy people in West Palm Beach.
    Let's see who lives and/or has homes in that area..Tiger Woods, Celine Dion, Donald Trumps' Mar a Lago, Lilly Pulitzer, and many more..
    IF chosen, a jury would come from from Palm Beach County..West Palm Beach is just one of the cities within that County.

Looks like the Palm Beach Post has also reported that Judge Perry was seen there

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/casey-anthony-trial-a-judges-visit-to-palm-1438642.html
    Casey Anthony trial: A judge's visit to Palm Beach County could be a scouting trip for murder trial

20. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

My gosh- is Your Honour supposed to sit in his house 24/7 unless to and fro the courthouse? Can't he be with his family, or go where he wants? Is the defense tailing him? This really saddens me, if this is the case.

MOO

Mel

21. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

Maybe Geraldo fancies himself a Cowboy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.