2011.05.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that there never seems to be real tears associated with KC's crying episodes. Usually, when one cries, a tear or two manages to slip down one's cheeks.
KC appears to look to see if there are any tears on her finger - what's that about? I didn't see KC using a tissue, only her fingers to hold back her invisible tears. :crazy:

TY!!! Have you EVER seen ANYONE cry like that? And- why no runny nose? Don't most people who are crying get a runny nose too? And who can catch every tear on the tip of their finger? And WHO looks at every tear? Shes a sociopath IMO and devoid of feelings. She has practiced this fake crying in the mirror time and time again until she thinks she has it perfected and it will fool the courts, the atty's, her parents, and ALL OF US. Hopefully the jury will see it and catch on quickly that she's not REALLY crying.
If every tearful moment she has is met by back-rubbing and sympathetic gestures from her atty's, she will REALLY be pouring it on more often than she has (practically never).

I know its old and corny but IMO you do the crime, you do the time. She needs to get a grip and realize the delay tactics and so on will only delay the inevitable. She's going to prison and I think it's finally settling in. I have zero sympathy for her or her parents.

Watching Vinnie on PrimeNews. I think Mary from New York, a caller, is a WSer. She said she thought Casey was crying crocodile tears. I agree.

But Vinnie was sympathizing with casey of course.

Maybe she's Linda from New York's sister? LLL, what do you think?:floorlaugh:

ICA carefully examines her finghertips for eye liner/mascara. She is so vain that she does this every time she pokes her eyes to simulate crying and squeeze out a few drops. No real tears will be shed for Caylee, only "pity-full teardroppings" for ICA.

IMO

Judging by her reaction to the mention in the hearing today of the parents media attention, I strongly doubt that CA understands or will ever understand that it was her bizarre behavior that captured and held the media's attention. It was Cindy and George that propelled this case in the media.

Like anyone else, Cindy had the option of saying "no comment", and had she followed this course of action, the media would have left her alone. But from the beginning she's not only been defensive with the media but combative. From a media perspective, Cindy and George Anthony have been like striking gold when it comes to media reporting.

After the bond hearing of August 22, 2008, the media showed a very angry woman coming out of the courthouse yelling at reporters and claiming that the odor in Casey's car was rotting pizza and challenging them to leave a pizza in a car for 19 days and see what happens. This captured the public's attention and with every interview Cindy's remarks were bold and sometimes downright nasty. It became a situation of wondering what she'd do next.

The day that the media showed Cindy angrily pounding "no trespassing" signs in her front yard and telling reporters they were maggots, you could feel the tension in the media present wondering what she'd do next. She didn't disappoint them, suggesting that maybe someone put a dead body in Casey's car AFTER it had been towed to the impound yard. This invoked a mental picture of an impossible and improbable task.

And while Cindy and George Anthony were doing media interviews and in the news on a daily basis, Casey was sitting in a jail cell not saying anything.

I remember all this very well. You know, in the beginning, I thought Cindy was a strong, assertive woman. But I see it much differently now. She may be assertive (a bit of an understatement!) but I think she actually has a very tenuous hold on reality. Sometimes I don't know whether to dislike her for her obnoxious behavior, or pity her for her frailty. :cow:

Maybe she's Linda from New York's sister? LLL, what do you think?:floorlaugh:

Wonder why IS has decided to favor the defense? Its so obvious. From a channel/media that purports to be so behind-the-victim, especially little children, why are they in Casey's court???? Makes NO sense.

They have enough peeps still riding the IS wagon. Do they want to lose them too?

Oh God help us all NG is reporting about BinLaden. WHY IS SHE TALKING ABOUT POLITICAL STUFF, ISN'T HER AREA CRIMES, etc???? Are there not enough missing and murdered people in the US for her to report on? Politics and world history coming out of her mouth, she will get it so screwed up another war will be started.

:hypno: oh let me stop now, I have had such a crazy exhausting day today. I need to NOT be thinking about Casey and NG tonight!!

Did anyone notice that ICA seemed to be giving Baez the very cold shoulder..Wonder if it had something to do with Joses's cameo on insession.
Just saying..

I noticed it at the last hearing too.

I also noticed this was the smallest Casey has ever seemed walking into that jury room today. She seems nervous about facing judgement very soon. I still haven't seen emotion for Caylee though.

At one point HHJP said something along the lines of "the order will come when it comes" or "when it's done" or something. What order was he referring to?

Question: Why does JUDGE want to talk to CA attorney now???
She didn't seem to take the news to well.
I agree CA seemed very upset and one of her worse days, IMO.
The defence JB looked very sober today.........not what they exected????

I too thought that JB seemed very sober today. He stated he didn't agree with the motion regarding the media, but declined to go into any sort of presentation. Every time the camera was on him, he wasn't smiling and was very somber. The state also declined to make a presentation.

I think the judge will likely deny the motion regarding sequestering. If the attorney had remained in court today, perhaps this would have been addressed in open court.

HHMP said that he wants to have the attorneys contact him before Thursday. I imagine this might have something to do with jury selection beginning on Monday. Perhaps he's going to request that the Anthonys not attend the jury selection.

So, what do you all think the chances are of this trial being delayed because of this media thing? I REALLY hope the trial does not get delayed.. ugh.

At one point HHJP said something along the lines of "the order will come when it comes" or "when it's done" or something. What order was he referring to?

The order which the media was arguing against had not been formally written. She wanted a copy of it.

Yeah, Bill S. always seems to be the voice of reason, and I do hope he is correct. I feel confident that the appellate court will agree with Judge Perry. I just got the impression he was saying "Go ahead and appeal, I will delay this trial, in order to ensure it is fair."

I suppose I am more annoyed, ok not annoyed :furious: at the fact that they won't let it go. Judge Perry was very clear this morning, and it seems some media just doesn't get it. They are sooooo looking to scoop someone else, rather than use common sense and do the right thing.

Any delay will cost the taxpayers of Florida alot more than they have already had to pay. It is beyond ridiculous that Casey is still stealing from "the people".

I consider WFTV and the Orlando Sentinel to be the most reputable among the media in Orlando. The OS chose not to be party to either motion. WFTV had no problem signing the agreement. Don't know where WOFL stands right now (with regard to appeal), and WKMG won't be party to an appeal. They seem to "get it".

I just hope this does not cause any delay.

PLUS - I don't want to put our countdown in a holding pattern! :giggle:

Listening to HHMP today, he was very clear about the pretrial publicity this case has received..........no other case in the state of Florida has received this much publicity.

He seemed very concerned about what would happen if a jury can't be seated. The likely course of action is to delay the trial for 6 months to a year in hope that the space of time will allow emotions to simmer down and a jury selected. But he cautioned that waiting 6 months to a year, you risk the chance that a key witness could die, and that memories of the witnesses of the events won't be as sharp.

This was when he was talking about the last Frye motion (odor analysis). He said he knew that everyone was waiting on the ruling and stated that he was taking his time researching, reviewing the docs and it would "come when it comes".

I watched that portion again, a few times, and here is what I think. Watching this live, I did see her shaking her head affirmatively while HHJP was addressing that this case has had more media coverage than any he has seen in his 31 years experience. And he is now attempting to find a jury outside Orlando who has not seen all the documents and information re this case that are online. It did not occur to me that she was 'shaking' or 'trembling' until others commented on it. I thought she was simply agreeing with HHJP. Now I am rethinking this as Amil observed CA glaring at HHJP during this time. So was she actually shaking her head in agreement, or was something else going on?

ETA: http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html approx 23 minutes

Thank you for the link and time stamp, Oak. I watched this about 20 times, taking steps away for a few minutes to look again with fresh eyes. I see someone who looks like she's having a depersonalization moment. Just MO as someone who sometimes suffers from this from time to time. I know it makes me shaky for a few seconds then I'll feel the out of body sensation. Considering the stress and anxiety she's likely under, I feel this is most likely the culprit for what we saw here. Again, JMO.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization[/ame]

If you really look at her you see her shoulders come forward a bit at first. This to me shows a loss of control of some key central nervous system response. If I had not seen that, I might believe she was just nodding in agreement. The shoulders and the look in her eyes and face tells me, she's got the creepy crawlies under her skin. IMO, she attempts to nod to make it look like she's agreeing with HHJP.

Judging by her reaction to the mention in the hearing today of the parents media attention, I strongly doubt that CA understands or will ever understand that it was her bizarre behavior that captured and held the media's attention. It was Cindy and George that propelled this case in the media.

Like anyone else, Cindy had the option of saying "no comment", and had she followed this course of action, the media would have left her alone. But from the beginning she's not only been defensive with the media but combative. From a media perspective, Cindy and George Anthony have been like striking gold when it comes to media reporting.

After the bond hearing of August 22, 2008, the media showed a very angry woman coming out of the courthouse yelling at reporters and claiming that the odor in Casey's car was rotting pizza and challenging them to leave a pizza in a car for 19 days and see what happens. This captured the public's attention and with every interview Cindy's remarks were bold and sometimes downright nasty. It became a situation of wondering what she'd do next.

The day that the media showed Cindy angrily pounding "no trespassing" signs in her front yard and telling reporters they were maggots, you could feel the tension in the media present wondering what she'd do next. She didn't disappoint them, suggesting that maybe someone put a dead body in Casey's car AFTER it had been towed to the impound yard. This invoked a mental picture of an impossible and improbable task.

And while Cindy and George Anthony were doing media interviews and in the news on a daily basis, Casey was sitting in a jail cell not saying anything.

Well, lest we forget Baez going on every morning show, Geraldo, having impromptu press conferences after Casey was arrested so he could trash the SA for "leaking" information, etc. Her attorneys and her parents are responsible for creating the perfect storm of media frenzy this case has become. Was HHJP not aware of Mason and Baez going on 48 hours for god's sake? Baez was just on some news show where he was being interviewed in his office, in front of that shelf with 100 bottles of tequila and bragging about his minute "charity" work (he HAD to do) - it never ends.

Did I hear correctly that the media's interference could lead to a 6 month delay if Perry's ruling is overturned? Boycott anyone?

I thought he was talking about Dr. Vass and the last Frye decision - he was saying he had an extremely detailed decision to make and then got interrupted by a huge motion from the media. Remember his banging those motions around on his desk? I believe it was then. Everyone was asking where's the Frye decision and he said it will come when it comes.

As I continue to watch this episode from CA, I'm even more convinced she is having a serious stress reaction to what HHJP is saying. You can see her attempt to breathe it out. She obviously is not feeling successful in overcoming it and then drops her head so no one can see. Oh yes, this is a serious reaction from her. Very serious. Again, JMO.

So, what do you all think the chances are of this trial being delayed because of this media thing? I REALLY hope the trial does not get delayed.. ugh.

If anything delays this trial there's going to be many angry people in Orlando! The court has blocked out rooms at an Orlando hotel for the jury for a specific time frame, has hired additional security for the juror's hotel, has made arrangements for juror's transportation and meals, and arranged for all the little details that go into a major trial, including building an outdoor media center for the expected media. Everyone is geared up for the expected trial and I expect a delay could end up costing money if things have to be canceled.

My feeling is that the media's appeal will be denied by the appellate court and it won't delay the proceedings.

Thank you for the link and time stamp, Oak. I watched this about 20 times, taking steps away for a few minutes to look again with fresh eyes. I see someone who looks like she's having a depersonalization moment. Just MO as someone who sometimes suffers from this from time to time. I know it makes me shaky for a few seconds then I'll feel the out of body sensation. Considering the stress and anxiety she's likely under, I feel this is most likely the culprit for what we saw here. Again, JMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

If you really look at her you see her shoulders come forward a bit at first. This to me shows a loss of control of some key central nervous system response. If I had not seen that, I might believe she was just nodding in agreement. The shoulders and the look in her eyes and face tells me, she's got the creepy crawlies under her skin. IMO, she attempts to nod to make it look like she's agreeing with HHJP.

As I continue to watch this episode from CA, I'm even more convinced she is having a serious stress reaction to what HHJP is saying. You can see her attempt to breathe it out. She obviously is not feeling successful in overcoming it and then drops her head so no one can see. Oh yes, this is a serious reaction from her. Very serious. Again, JMO.

Interesting observation. She is certainly under a tremendous amount of stress. I can't even begin to imagine myself in that position. If it is a stress reaction, that underscores the need to keep her (and George) sequestered during the trial. JMO.

Calling Dr Glass! We need your analysis of today's hearing.

What I write may very well be my imagination running away. I did watch snippets of the hearing and i did watch CA's head tremors. I remember JP using an example if the trial was delayed and a witness was to die that their testimony would be lost. Could CA be ill? This is not to start a rumor only my thought.:waitasec:

Interesting observation. She is certainly under a tremendous amount of stress. I can't even begin to imagine myself in that position. If it is a stress reaction, that underscores the need to keep her (and George) sequestered during the trial. JMO.

Calling Dr Glass! We need your analysis of today's hearing.

I'd like to read what Glass has to say as well. Cindy is well aware a lot of the media interest in this case is directly due to her and GA's 'story telling' and reactions.

Looks to me like HHJP's words hit her like a truck. Thus the anxiety (shaking) and her face, eyes, and deep breathing just say to me "I am not in this body right now". She is not dealing with the media issues well at all. And she knows as well as we do why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmxclearance