2011.05.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold mine.

Well, hopefully, if the bolded above does happen, it will be in a separate room and not in the gallery, under the watchful eyes of the jury. (In other words...I hope they get sequestered for the entire trial)

Yes, Mitzi - so true! I guess I wasn't exactly thinking it would be a dramatic scene in the courtroom - it just would not surprise me if one day she found she could not force herself to walk into the courtroom - just became totally paralyzed with fear to step in, and started shaking and collapsed there.

I wasn't really envisioning a huge meltdown in front of everyone - but hmmm...:waitasec:

Certainly when I face fear - it is always greater if I am alone than when I am with others but.....

Doesn't CA cross her legs and do that nervous thing with her foot? That makes her entire body shake.....

Good Morning WSers!

On the menu today:

• Status hearing to tie up all the loose ends hanging out there before voir dire begins ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! :woohoo: Can you guys believe we are only a week away?!? :great:
  • Media motion to intervene and for reconsideration of implementation and enforcement of confidentiality agreement
  • Will HHJP rule on the final Frye issue - the odor analysis/Body Farm motion?
  • Will he let the Anthonys know if he is going to grant their request to be excused from the rules of sequestration?
img-1988.jpg

Wow What a spread Beach...Yummy!!
Too bad I was already in class and missed the wonderful spread!!

I'm thinking CA's blood pressure was off the charts. My fear for her would be that she might suffer a stroke. jmo

They have a good point on IS. If you don't want to sign the agreement, there is always good old fashioned investigative reporting they could use. If they figure it out on their own, goodie for them, but the court won't help them.

Well if Baez can oppose a gag order the media outlets can surely do the same.

And I suspect it won't be a problem for them to figure it out. Once jury summons go out for May 9th, "someone" is going to see an opportunity and contact the media about possibly being from "the location"....there is always ONE in a bunch....as we have seen so many times in this case...:banghead:

Yes, probably JB will be on the phone to Rivera or Insessions to give them the scoop.

Investigative reporters from back in the day would be drinking bourbon, puffing a cigarette, hat cocked to the left and saying to their secret source, 'Now see here, mack, tell me where the jury is gonna come from or I'll give ya a fat lip.'

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I missed the hearing this morning and got to see HHJP explaining the terms of the confidentiality agreement for the media to their lawyer not restricting them to obtain the location of jury selection by other means than the court and then broadcasting. It makes sense to me now what the poster who said they have to resort to investigative means and that would be fine. She was not clear about that. Glad he spelled it out. Hint, hint.

Makes sense that's why Casey started crying and CA's reaction. No mistrial. As Az has reminded us HHJP has got this! He is good! Come time for appeals another avenue cut off.

Sorry haven't read thru the thread but
Why was Casey crying?
I can guess...May 9th is fast approaching...all but 1 area of evidence is coming into trial...

I'm thinking CA's blood pressure was off the charts. My fear for her would be that she might suffer a stroke. jmo

She can thank her wonderful daughter for that.The one that started this whole mess and won't stand up like a woman and accept responsibility for her actions. :twocents:

Why was Casey crying?
I can guess...May 9th is fast approaching...all but 1 area of evidence is coming into trial...

(a) Not for Caylee
(b) HHJP was talking about her right to a fair trial .. and what he was willing to do to ensure that.

Why was Casey crying?

You have GOT to see the hearing this AM,if you missed it,it's worth watching

Casey is starting to look more and more like a trapped rat. After seeing CA today I am even more sure she is not going to make it through trial. Emotionally, physically or other she will not hold up. If she does manage something shortly after trial will happen to her. Like George said, this will kill her.

Yes, I agree emotions are complex - but I keep in mind that all of those important motions have been denied, the chance of CA being kept out of the courtroom is very real, and the fact ICA is going to be found guilty is very real. Fight or flight in the face of fear is one of our strongest overriding emotions - she cannot fight and she cannot flee - so she shakes in fear instead. Everything she has tried to avoid is slowly and steadily rolling towards her and she knows now there is nothing she can do about it. I still vote that was true,clear and uncontrollable fear.

In my opinion, CA will have a total collapse at the trial. And it won't be pretty.

I do agree. George has been the one we've all assumed will lose it but I think Casey got her morphing abilities from him. Her ability to pretend the obvious isn't real and to make a new reality that pleases her. Cindy doesn't seem to do that. Yes, she's lied a lot but she doesn't shift reality like George and Casey do. I think Cindy's the one in danger of a total breakdown. She's tried so hard to cover and protect Casey and when she cannot lie any more she will fall apart.

I missed the hearing this morning and got to see HHJP explaining the terms of the confidentiality agreement for the media to their lawyer not restricting them to obtain the location of jury selection by other means than the court and then broadcasting. It makes sense to me now what the poster who said they have to resort to investigative means and that would be fine. She was not clear about that. Glad he spelled it out. Hint, hint.

Makes sense that's why Casey started crying and CA's reaction. No mistrial. As Az has reminded us HHJP has got this! He is good! Come time for appeals another avenue cut off.

I didn't see any of the IS coverage, but HHJP was pizzed that a reporter from Orlando had commented on his being in Palm Beach last week. He was even more annoyed when he said they did a 'person on the street' interview apparently to guage reaction to the potential of the Jury being selected there.
He went on to discuss what he feels is the micro reporting of every detail in this case..
Welcome to the world of the Internet Judge.

Other posters who have been in the courtroom at previous hearings have posted that CA has been shaking long before today - at least at the three hearings they have noted that when you see her close up, she trembles throughout the hearings. Now that we are closer, she obviously cannot control how much fear she is feeling.

LG at the last hearing , it very CLEARLY shows her taking some type of medication while the lawyers were at the side bar. I agree. The fear is starting to set in .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member