2011.05.10 - Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she wouldn't sit in jail for three years, if she was innocent. But for the sake of argument, let's say she's guilty. The defense has to come up with some story.[/QUOTE
You are correct but coming up with a BS story just doesn't sit right with me. Running someone over for the sake of winning isn't right. Not saying The Anthony's did not know something was foul and not saying they didn't help cover it up either. I just don't think they are directly involved with Caylees death.
To many people had that bus heading for them over the last 3 years. If Baez has a shocker that he will reveal in the first 3 minutes of opening statements you would think he would of shouted it out already. I believe there isn't any Aha moment because he is still desperately stalling.

So since JB said all this to ICA....could ICA say she has incompetent counsel and try for a mistrial?

NOPE! that ship has sailed and they have asked her if she is ok with her counsel and that is also why she has to be at every hearing other than status hearings.

Both she and Baez are very arrogant and not very intelligent, which will be a deadly combination if he advises her to take the stand.

She won't be able to keep her cool. She'll ball up her fists and make that terrible scary face. I can't wait! :D

In at least one of the jail videos when Casey's parents met with her, she kept saying that "No one will listen to her" or "no one will believe her". Maybe LE refused to listen to her explanation of what really happened because they were already convinced of her guilt. In recent weeks, there seems to be a lot of talk about Casey blaming George, so I'm assuming that this is what Casey's testimony will be.

Where is there talk about Casey blaming George? I can't believe he was involved at all. I don't think anyone would buy that either.

Where is there talk about Casey blaming George? I can't believe he was involved at all. I don't think anyone would buy that either.

It has been discussed over the last few months that the bus could be heading for George ( not in those words). Talk about the alleged abuse and some anger problems. It is all speculation leading some to believe that the bus is heading straight for him. We will have to wait and see.

Thanks all for posting the running info during the show.

I have to make sure to watch it here when it reruns in 2 hours. This ought to be a good one for sure from reading what you all have posted.

IMHO she will never take a plea and she would never elocute her acts much less tell the truth on stand. I do believe that KC is seriously and profoundly personality disordered but that is no excuse morally much less legally for murdering Caylee.

Who knows where Baez is going to go with this but if I understand defense correctly it can't go in a direction that KC doesn't want it to go in? Meaning she has the last say on how she is defended.

Can't wait to watch the show. :)

But if this is the case.. If one or both of her parents did this why would she not tell OSCO in the begining? Why would she sit in jail 3 years when in fact if this were the case she would of been free? She is not the type of person to protect anyone but herself let alone give up 3 years of partying for her parents. No one in their right mind would believe this. IMO If she takes the stand, she doesn't stand a chance. KC will not make it through the questioning by the prosecutors. She will totally flip out and will never be able to hide her anger. KC will seal her fate right there on the stand.:twocents:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Baez isn't experienced enough in the courtroom to be able to rein Casey in during the trial. Her antics will not bode well in front of a jury, I'm afraid. She is self-absorbed, always primping and fussing with her hair and clothing, and just the way that she struts into the courtroom with her "princess" walk suggests that this is all about her being the focus of attention. Casey doesn't seem to realize that her life is on the line right now. jmo

This why I do not think this girl is in her right mind. I could not in all honesty give her the DP. She IMO needs mental health help.
In her mugshot..she looked like the downside of a bi polar compared to when she first walked into the court with the hoodie with the number on it, she appeared to me to be in the "up" manic part. This is just my opinion. She has never seemed to realise her life is on the line and doesnt' have a clue as to how important this all is.
It took many yrs to diagnose my niece and it all reminds me od KC so much. On proper meds, she is now doing very well.

In at least one of the jail videos when Casey's parents met with her, she kept saying that "No one will listen to her" or "no one will believe her". Maybe LE refused to listen to her explanation of what really happened because they were already convinced of her guilt. In recent weeks, there seems to be a lot of talk about Casey blaming George, so I'm assuming that this is what Casey's testimony will be.

I'd like to know when she made that attempt. We have heard the audio interviews with ICA and LE. I don't see LE not investigating any claims she may have made that included a real person. As YM has already testified to they didn't know why she was lying so a cover up or protecting others I feel sure they would have looked into imo.

NOPE! that ship has sailed and they have asked her if she is ok with her counsel and that is also why she has to be at every hearing other than status hearings.

Whether she is "ok" with her counsel, and whether they get along has no impact on whether she could win an post-conviction motion for ineffective assistance. Her counsel would have to do something (or not do something) so egregious that it prejudiced the outcome of her trial. She could skip every hearing, and complain loudly to anyone listening that she hates her counsel's guts. She would still have to show that his actions prejudiced her trial in a material way. Simply having a "bad" lawyer isn't enough to overturn a conviction.

Clearly. When you have CM saying that people's' jaws are going to drop' when they hear the defense, you've got to think the bus is aiming for someone.

I think an admission of an accident from ICA herself on the stand qualifies as jaw dropping also. Whatever the new story is we know it's not the nanny thanks to LKB.

(not directed at you - but your post :blowkiss:)

Protect her family from WHO? The invisible, non-existent Nanny? No, wait, I know - RK - the meter reader who grabbed Caylee, killed her and dumped her in the swamp.

It is just so preposterous that she thinks everyone will just blindly believe her when she says she was protecting her family and then not reveal WHO she was protecting them from!!!

Casey was protecting Casey. Once Caylee was found she had no reason to keep quiet. End of story imo.

I'm thinking George, too. One of the reasons why, is that at the last hearing that George had to testify at, Casey was making faces, shaking her head, rolling her eyes at George. I've never seen her act that way the other times he has testified.

This why I do not think this girl is in her right mind. I could not in all honesty give her the DP. She IMO needs mental health help.
In her mugshot..she looked like the downside of a bi polar compared to when she first walked into the court with the hoodie with the number on it, she appeared to me to be in the "up" manic part. This is just my opinion. She has never seemed to realise her life is on the line and doesnt' have a clue as to how important this all is.
It took many yrs to diagnose my niece and it all reminds me od KC so much. On proper meds, she is now doing very well.

I agree that Casey is mentally "off", however I think she knows right from wrong. That is why I think she deserves DP. To help a mentally ill person, they have to want help. IMO, Casey thinks she is perfectly fine and doesn't need any psychological help. She strikes me as the type of person that would not stick to a med or counseling schedule. I'm happy to hear that your niece is doing well! :)

I think the only way she will take the stand is if she is going to try and sell the jury a wild web of lies blaming it all on some one else.
Or maybe, if she tries to sell the accident scenario. But I kind of doubt it because I just cannot see her standing up there and taking ANY responsibility or blame for anything whatsoever.

I agree, you sure are right about that imo. I do think she would risk taking the stand if she feels her newly invented account will fly. Version 4.0

I think an admission of an accident from ICA herself on the stand qualifies as jaw dropping also. Whatever the new story is we know it's not the nanny thanks to LKB.

The accident scenario would be a jaw dropper if it came from Casey's mouth. But there are lots of problems with that scenario that the DT is going to have to address. Like why didn't she grieve the tragic death of her child? She went straight out on a movie date night. And she is not going to get much sympathy from the jury when they realize she wrapped duct tape around her dead babys face and put her in garbage bags. And of course, the big question. WHY did she sit in jail for 3 years and allow herself to be charged with Capital Murder if it were a simple accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288