2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense won't want the woman who has a live in dau. and almost 3 year old granddaughter.

wow two grandma's caring for 2-3 yr old grandcildren

Whoa - a grandma with her single daughter and 3 year old granddaughter living with her? And the daughter attends a real college and has a real job. We need this lady!

Too bad we couldn't get this juror - she would have NO sympathy for ICA

Her daughter is everything ICA is not. And will never be.

#3048. Female. Hardship - burden on the family. She & husband takes care of a daughter who's a single mother/student and the daughter's 3-yr old live who with them. Husband is bread winner. She cares for grand-daughter while daughter works and goes to school. Has been helping daughter since grand-daughter born in June 2008.

Hmmmmmmmmm...

This lady is a mother of a single mother with a 3yr. old. They live with her!

It would be difficult for her to get away.

She is trying to help her daughter get on her feet!

Hm Sounds familiar. Except Casey was only pretending to go to school and to work..you know, be a good mom.

Problem with using the homeless is many of them suffer from drug/alchol abuse or have mental issues.
Proberly won't be a smart idea.

Not true....IMO The face of the homeless has changed a great deal over the years.

I love Mr. George! - Does your daughter contribute to the household?

Yes. She does not get any public assistance.

It was the judges idea? I thought it was JB's suggestion ? :waitasec:

my understanding is JB complained about the lack of minorities and JP informed him next door at the homeless shelter there were tons of minorities and he would be happy to check to see if they had drivers licenses. :great:

So it looks like the defense wants:
Males
22-30 yrs of age
not married, preferably living at home with parents
no children
Financially shaky

I think jury duty should be changed. I think the court should allow parents with children under the age of 5 (school age) to stay with them in the hotel or at least visit more than once a week. I also think they should provide child care during the trial at the court and as needed a long the way. Parents neeeding this could forgo the $30 a day which would cover the cost of childcare.

That way these parents could serve AND parents would have a mental break from the case on off hours. Just my opinion.

:clap:

This lady sounds like she would know where her grandchild is for 31 days.

Am I the only one that thinks the HHJP's idea about screening the homeless shelter is a good one? The state is ALREADY paying for the shelter. It might actually save the state money and provide more space for others needing shelter to have the ones in sound mind and body, willing and able to serve, serve. They have the time, won't be a issue of financial hardship, why not? THey would get 3 hot meals, $30 a day, a nice hotel, entertainment...might come out of this refreshed and prepared to start anew.

Plus, they are homeless and prob jobless. Which would be very close to KC's situation. I think it's a excellent idea.

Unpopular I'm sure...........but in many (not all of course) cases, people who live in homeless shelters are not known to be good decision/choice makers. I do recognize that some good & smart people sometimes find themselves in adverse situations - just saying if I wanted someone to analyze facts to come to the right conclusion, the homeless shelter would not be on my list of places to go. Hope i've said what I want without offending.:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk