2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Evening Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e

Maybe Casey is reading some of our comments then.
Allow me to say this:
Casey if you are reading this I hope you have an excellent stay on death row and that they give you plenty of bread and water.
Kenneth from O-HI-O

Lets all remember while they are taking forever at sidebar that Mr. Mason physically cannot work into the night. He's very tired, it's been a long week:crazy:

He already did that, I believe. When the other side objects to the peremptory strike the other side has to give "cause" for their strike. Otherwise no cause is ever mentioned.

I could have sworn I heard Ashton verbally say this was his peremptory strike, no?

I want to listen to it ....waiting for a replay somewhere. I actually was working/shunning JB and DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE JUROR. I want to hear for myself. Anybody find a replay anywhere yet?

I know the Mics go off during a Sidebar but are their remarks audible to the others in the court?

i've never heard sidebar, so my experience in court is nope you can't hear them.

Not following this (logo?). What happened?

Somebody here said that they saw the WS blue thread line logo thingie on Simm's laptop just before they went to break. if so, she knows we saw it. Of course, I didn't see it, so I don't know if that was truly there or not

Wonder how he would respond if JA said he couldn't take it and wanted a rest?

Whoa Nelly!! There would be screamin' and shoutin' and major mayhem!!

:gasp:

MyDailyOpinions waves to the defense team!:great:

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

Man JA is tall...why did the guard meander over closer?? Reminds me of me being nosy!!

Wow...the tension at the bench is unreal!!

The body language is fascinating.

Finnell keeps taking steps back as though she wants no part of it.

Seems to be Baez' issue - SA's not talking.

Sims clueless as usual

Even Mason not really involved unless asleep or pouting.

Jeremy Lyons, Mort Smith et al?

Oh Lordy I just about had a heart attack, I read that as Jeremy Irons and was wondering WHERE!!!!

My my we are having a rather animated sidebar, aren't we?

I dont understand the questions about the phsycologist. I thought we were not going to hear what the phsycologists had to see. Anyone?

Wouldn't those psychologists that baez mentioned today about testifying in penalty phase already be on witness list? Are there any left on it after he removed the two?

Guys fill me in while their sidebarring. I left around 3:30. What's up

Not sure how much you missed...they are going to try to get through a total of 16 tonight and work all day tomorrow...

Last guy had an issue about mitigation, told judge he would not be able to consider age and that is where it ended. Then they made dinner arrangements and went right back to side bar.

Earlier state tried to strike an older AA woman who said she did not want to judge other people but later said she would. They wanted to use one of their strikes. Defense challenged since she is a minority and judge agreed, refused to allow state to remove as other jurors changed their answers about things and were not removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong