2011.05.13 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Five)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean C hasn't heard of anything like this. She would not be surprised if defense makes a motion for mistrial. See t entire group before using challenge.

OMG - Jean C on IS is saying she won't be surprised if the DT comes back this afternoon and asks for a mistrial, or a motion to strike the entire panel. :eek:

Sunny is agreeing! :eek:

Who wants to bet (after we come back from lunch) the first thing up will be JB wanting to argue with HHJP about his overruling JB's asking the juror be let go for cause??? He actually wanted to see the record. What, he doesn't understand what just happened? He has to read it? GAWD this man ......

Same Baez different day, wants to argue what has already been ruled on over and over and over. I wouldn't put it past him to try to argue that tomorrow. Are we in court tomorrow???

Jean C thinks this is going to be an appeals issue.

Looks like JB's Rosebud has been replaced by a Rosalie.

What is it with all the flowers in this case? Rosebud, Rosalie, Daisy Chain

It must be the proliferation of manure in this case.

Ahhhh a rose by any other name............... STINKS!

Jean on IS is about to wet her pants. Says Jose may ask for a mistrial or a motion to strike the whole panel....Jean says this is a conservative community.....yada, yada, yada.....she's doing her defense duty opining. Her and the other guest, Sunny(?) are very ticked at the judge....

In Session shots of the newspaper machines outside the courthouse being taped up.

View attachment 15185

Yes, it's still on WESH - showing all the newspaper stands with paper covering them so folks can't read the headlines.

Mel

respectfully snipped:

BBM: These little sorts of "DETAILS" -- such as covering up the newspaper machines outside the courthouse -- is ALL so ICA can have a fair trial.
A cold-blooded ... (I don't want a T/O) ... who has repeated lied ...

Just absolutely unbelievable all the "trouble" that is being done to ensure a "fair trial" for someone who cares about "no one" or "anything" -- except herself !

The day of Justice for Caylee cannot come soon enough for me !

:great:

Have a nice day everyone ... and thanks to all the posters for the updates and great "sense of humor" !

I remember HHJP discussing last night that he was going to be looking up case law on something pertaining to jury selection.

Does anyone else actually think that he would not be fully apprised of applicable case law BEFORE making this monumental decision??

His go to phrase is ..."If I am wrong then someone will tell me I am wrong."

I have faith in his decisions.

My mother-in-law is a definite romance book junkie, but she did own, and let me borrow to read, "In Broad Daylight", which she owned because it happened in her hometown. I myself follow true crime but was drawn to a particular book because its events were very near where I live. I don't think that's so odd.

This had me thinking back to my dui arrest days as I sat in jail. I *did not* consider myself a criminal at all. Even argued with a guard about it.

Guard: Honey, where are you right now?

Me: Jail.

Guard: then you're a criminal. Only criminals go to jail.

Kinda opened my eyes.

The PJ didn't go to jail. IIRC

Long time lurker, first time posting. I have been following since 08 too. These insession/trutv talking heads just aggravate the heck out of me. I am sure Judge Perry knows more about the law than Jean C does. Ugh

Same Baez different day, wants to argue what has already been ruled on over and over and over. I wouldn't put it past him to try to argue that tomorrow. Are we in court tomorrow???

Kind of like when my kids were little and didn't like what I said. Pleeeeeze Mom? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze? On and on and on and on and on, until they got what they wanted! However, HHJP seems to have a lot more resilience than I did back then. :floorlaugh:

Mr. Luka is on IS. (Lee's former attorney)

It could be but they would have to prove using this strike made it so they had to accept another juror that was just as bad or worse.

That was a "must see" indeed! lol

Wonder if she's mad because he didn't do what she wanted? You know, her being an integral part of the DT and all... :floorlaugh:

Nah, I think she's pizzed at him cuz he couldn't 'make it stop!' (i.e., make HHJP do what she/he wanted.) Think we're gonna be seeing more of her strong will as this gets closer to trial. Should be verrrrry interesting!

Luca said he represented him until he was given use immunity at the beginning of his deposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong