2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

It is either a Plea deal or the Judge has decided to start all over, and they will go some where else.

I proclaim "Delay" word of the day.

This afternoon's jury selection is brought to you by the number 11 and the letter D, for DELAY! :floorlaugh:

WTH ???? HHJP asks Mason if he's discussed the matter with Ms Anthony, Mason says I have your honor. HHJP says we are in recess till 8:30 tomorrow morning?

Baez not there, didn't see him come back in at all....PLEA?

I am soooooo smelling a plea. IF (yes if) they can get ICA to agree.

Or they are headed back to Orlando.

IF there was a plea offer KC didn't take it. That is why CM said he had nothing to say, and Court resumes at 8:30 a.m.

May have been answered by the time this gets posted, slow computer, what did you hear Beanie?!

Judge Perry said

"have you had time to discuss the matter at hand with Ms Anthony"

Mason said

"yes we have your honor"

JPerry - court will be in recess till tomorrow 830

It didn't look like Baez was there, did Casey fire him? Has she taken a plea?

OMG - who knows.

I'm sorry but WTH just happened??? Court recessed til tomorrow morning??? My attys are out all day at a hearing and I can watch TODAY!! Not tomorrow!!

And what is up with SAs still hanging around and cleaning up. LDB showing George something on her laptop. They are usually the first out.

When a trial is held before a Judge alone it is a "bench trial" and the trial officially begins when the first witness is sworn.

When a trial is held before a Jury, it is a "jury trial" and the trial officially begins when the jury is sworn.

Plea offers are often made so they expire when the trial begins.

OMG I finally got thru the tunnel (very crowded and slowwwwwwww) only to find out this??????? Guess I won't mind going to the joint doctor this afternoon then. (My shoulder is locked up...guess from all the scrolling and refreshing).

Lets step on over to side bar

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136555"]2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't think the state is offering a "plea deal" - the only "plea" she can change is from not guilty to guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken