2011.05.20 On a Scale of 1 to 10 How do you Feel About this Jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I look at this list of jurors and their respective occupations, marital status etc I am struck by what a cross section of society this jury represents. I have and always believe that ICA is guilty as sin, but looking at this jury I'm confident that she will get a fair trial. And, thats important to me. I can't presume her innocent but I think these jorors can and will carefully weigh the evidence. I'm not worried about understanding the scientific info---we have several nurses on the jury to help with this. Besides our favorite scientist is very skilled about communicating his field so that lay people can understand it.
Good luck jurors---- I'm proud of u for taking your civic responsibility so seriously.

I like the jury as seated. I rarely give either a 10 or a 1 rating, so I will go with an 8 here.

Someone posted about the jury being a good mix of Floridians. I agree with that assessment. Another poster mentioned the recent DP recommendation by a Florida jury and, even though we do not know the make-up of that particular jury, I believe it is reasonably safe to assume that jury was also a good mix of Floridians. No doubt that jury also had some who on voir dire were not 100% for DP. There could have even been one or two who claimed they could not judge another.

It's human nature to not want to be in a position of having to decide on another person's fate and, IMO, in any setting where society is looking for 12 individuals to agree on something this serious, you will see a good amount of soul-searching. In the ICA jury selection there were many who flat out stated they could not be impartial if it might mean death for the defendant. Those individuals were excused for cause.

My take on the AA lady that so many seem concerned about is that her statement about not judging anyone was more in response to the question of assumption of innocence that the law requires. I am not really worried about this lady as I believe the state has a strong case and that anyone with as strong a moral conviction as she seems to have will do the right thing.

Justice will be done upon a guilty verdict, IMO. I do not care if Casey does not get the DP because life in prison would be hell on earth for her. I do not believe for one minute that Casey would "thrive" in prison. Casey thrives in the limelight; once that is gone she will have nothing...zero...zip...nada...for the rest of her life.

Juror #1319 (the woman who says she can't judge people, correct me if I have the # wrong) makes me very nervous.

BUT...

I fervently hope that her desire (it's not an "inability" anymore, she has no choice but to judge now) to not judge a person goes both ways, as in she has an issue making any judgement at all, guilty or not guilty. If that is the case and she properly does her duty as a juror, then I feel that there is at least some hope.

I hope all that made sense, it sounded a lot better in my head than it looks typed out.

I'm a solid 7.5 with this jury.

I was a solid 6 but I have a little more hope now than I did yesterday. No reason, just thought about the mix for awhile and realized we got pretty lucky.

Except the woman who cannot judge other people. (And I bet she DOES judge other people, too. If she ever crossed the street to avoid a homeless man or a neighborhood criminal that she has heard others say is a dangerous person, she has judged.) jmo

I found this interesting - we'll have to wait to see........

"There are two possibly positive jurors for Casey: the African-American woman who said she can't judge people, and the African-American man who said he is against the death penalty. Both said they could do what they had to, but prosecutors said they're worried she could hang the jury."

http://www.wftv.com/news/27970154/detail.html

........and with that in mind, I'm unsure what number I'd give them.

MOO

Since this was suppose to be a "death sentence" qualified jury I'm rather perplexed at why two of the jurors either stated that they couldn't judge another person or they could not vote for the death penalty. Why were these two seated if this is the case? This is totally ridiculous. We already have a potential "hung" jury and it hasnt' even started yet.

I think they will convict hewww.facebook.com/CamdenHughesMemorialPager annd she will get life without parole..She will probably end up calling her mother after her first week in prison when she no longer has her defense team. Casey will call her mom collect and say hi mom how are you,when are you coming to see me.
Come to think of it LWOP doesn't really sound so bad. Casey will be on one side of the bars and Cindy on the other and they can continue to tourcher each other.
Hopefully we'll be able to watch the videos !!:floorlaugh::great:

I give it 10

Sorry for being OT, but this made me think - once convicted will they still release the videos of her visitations? Or is that just while there is a case pending?

I'm a solid 7.5 with this jury.

I was a solid 6 but I have a little more hope now than I did yesterday. No reason, just thought about the mix for awhile and realized we got pretty lucky.

Except the woman who cannot judge other people. (And I bet she DOES judge other people, too. If she ever crossed the street to avoid a homeless man or a neighborhood criminal that she has heard others say is a dangerous person, she has judged.) jmo

I am with you after studying my notes and listening to them all again. 7.5 and I do believe a DP of 7-5

Sorry for being OT, but this made me think - once convicted will they still release the videos of her visitations? Or is that just while there is a case pending?

Interest will fade, unless there is something that NG just wants to pick on her about ... like a large purchase of make-up etc lol

Gee not 1 person here thought about a Casey acquittal.:waitasec:

pains me to read through this thread and see how we trusted them to have sense & do the right thing.

ignorance was bliss.

Gee not 1 person here thought about a Casey acquittal.:waitasec:

I had concerns about a possible hung jury,but never ,in my wildest dreams,did I think there would be an aquittal. The DT team never believed it,either.I hope they are stuck with Casey forever.

This jury could very well surprise us and give Casey the DP. I don't care if they commute her sentence to LWOP as long as they hand down the DP verdict.

For once I want Casey to be in FEAR of loosing her life.

Yep.. pretty depressing to read through these old posts..I was also sure she would get LWOP at the very least.. now.. we are hoping that she will get a probation....:sick:

What a hopeful bunch we were back then! The jury seemed to rate about 7 to 8 on average and many thought there was a good chance of DP.

Today we sound older, wiser and quite jaded in comparison. Amazing that 12 people had such a profound effect on so many people who have never even met CFCA (but know her so well).

I wish the verdict had as much effect on those who made the decision to find CFCA NOT GUILTY but I'm not feeling it. Rereading things has made me see an agenda and a bunch of sheeple who refused to stand up for what was right and oh so obvious...

I can't revisit these posts. Just makes me so crazy again that I was so hopeful - confident- convinced that there was only one verdict to be had. But as Mark Iglarsh said last night on Dr. Drew.....the BS that was spouted in that courtroom convinced nobody EXCEPT 12 people in that room.

Exactly how did that happen? I mean what are the odds? 12 people, sitting in judgment, come to the same bizarre conclusion when virtually the entire world thinks otherwise???????????????

I still shake my head. Most days I just try to forget it all. But some days, like today, everything just bubbles to the surface again.

Man. Bummer.

Since the verdict, I have rated them -10. :banghead:

I think it was a case of the jury not understanding the instructions and not caring whether they understood them or not. They just wanted to get the heck out of there and if they hadn't got to a verdict they would have been stuck there over the holidays and none of them wanted that. They didn't think about baby Caylee...only about themselves. They let a killer on the streets and there was no justice for little Caylee. They make me sick.

Now Jane Velez Mitchell is on whining about Casey getting probation and having to move back to Orlando. What if someone hurts her, how will she find a job, oh poor Casey...it's so bizarre! These people who hold up for Casey make me want to throw up. Who cares if something happens to Casey Anthony...I don't. Did she care about Caylee when she was putting duct tape over her little mouth and nose...heck no. She thought if she put a heart shaped sticker on it then it would be alright. I could care less about Casey Anthony. I want her to have to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life! Caylee doesn't have a life. I despise that female!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82