2011.05.20 On a Scale of 1 to 10 How do you Feel About this Jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me what that has to do with FCA? :waitasec:

..in their argument FOR a sequestered jury---they "blamed" the kc anthony case...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/24...utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_crime+(RSS:+Crime)

Citing massive media coverage in the unrelated Casey Anthony murder trial this summer in Florida, attorneys for Murray said his case could draw even bigger publicity.

The case, and the sensationalized media coverage, "demonstrated the danger that is created to a fair trial when basic information is managed for the purpose of entertainment and television ratings," Murray's attorneys said.

The attorneys singled out HLN television host Nancy Grace for "character assassination" against Anthony and "virtually nonstop on-air abuse of not only the defendant but of the jurors and defense attorneys involved."

Bianca, Sometime, somewhere the foreman imo coerced the jurors. Hearing the verdict was reached in 10 hours, kind of confirmed that for me. I'm not sure the jurors didn't already have their minds made up.
mo

Now the Michael Jackson case want the jury sequestered....

....why the heck not? It worked for OJ and FCA. I am now formally AGAINST sequestration. It does nothing but bond the jury and by the time they have to go to work, they want to go home. OJ's jury did the exact same thing. They bonded wi/OJ. Pinallas bonded w/FCA....this was accomplished by JB moving the table in front of the jury. This isolated the prosecution and put FCA in their face. After all that time, they didn't want her to fact a harsh punishment.

....This moving of the furniture should never have been tolerated. I hated it from the minute I saw the diagram. It prevented a big screen from being utilized and FCA didn't have to look at her work. Florida is not as tough as I thought. In fact, it's beginning to look as lenient as California.

Perhaps already posted, but the Judge ruled in MJ case the jury will NOT be sequestered. :innocent:

The DT's table being moved in the CA trial kept the TV camera from televising what was on their laptop screens. This, I believe, was a major reason after reading how much they depended on the internet and social media reactions to their case.

I'm still so angered by the verdict.

I'm so angry that the jury chose to believe hook line and sinker for JB's OS, which was NOT fact.

Even if the jury didn't buy George's testimony, which they should have if they had considered George's position. George was the grandfather of the victim, father of the defendant accused of the murder of the victim, and was being accused of horrendous incestuous acts by the defendant. George was conflicted. He didn't want to testify against his daughter but was constantly conflicted. It was clear that was what was going on with George. But like almost everything with this jury that nuance was lost on them.

But even if you completely discounted George's testimony how could they possibly ignore the rest of the mountain of evidence.

I agree with those above I think this jury thought if they let her walk their payout would be larger.

I can't wait until Nov (is it Nov?) when their names will be released. I want everyone in their community to know they have these type of people living among them.

What's so probably ironic Jennifer Ford and the rest of her fellow jurors probably complain how easy politicians are on criminals and let them out early and such. When push come to shove those same people won't do what is right to put them in jail in the first place.

And that's another important note (sorry I'm off on a tangent) we hold our politicians to a high standard to make sure they are tough on crime, but as citizens, who should take jury duty seriously, we should be just as tough on juries who fail to put criminals behind bars. Especially ones who IMO let a criminal go so they could benefit more financially.

Yes this jury is somewhat more victims of Miss Casey Anthony the unstoppable, but they were her victims by their own making. And IMO this jury gets everything that it has coming to them. They get no sympathy from me.

Perhaps already posted, but the Judge ruled in MJ case the jury will NOT be sequestered. :innocent:

The DT's table being moved in the CA trial kept the TV camera from televising what was on their laptop screens. This, I believe, was a major reason after reading how much they depended on the internet and social media reactions to their case.

..yep....and it IRKS me to no end that they "got" to sit over there in the 1st place.

..all b/c cheney had a FIT that a court cam had caught his laptop screen (boo hoo !) to the point that he wanted cameras banned (!) from the courtroom.

..judgeP then played right into their hand by OFFERING them the alternative of using the clerk's desks over against the wall ( since he didn't have any authority to remove cams from a florida courtroom-------and this isn't libya after all! )

..perfect! for the DT--since they knew amy singer and her "merry band of blog-spys" would be feeding them real time info to their laptops and blackberrys.

..and-------after judgeP telling them ALL that they had better go on up and familiarize themselves with the fancy courtroom 23 before trial ( as in LEARN how to use the equipment ) baez still dragged that stupid easel and markers in --------the jury probably felt sorry for the poor guy, NOT knowing how to "publish" evidence professionally like the experienced state did...

..cheney------getting LDB to jump up and HELP him publish!!!! accck--now i wish to God that she had NOT---and just pointed over to "the flock at the DT tables" for him to get one of his OWN up there...

..it's not JUST that i hate the verdict----i hate that we all got played !! by that wretched defense team.

Sorry, no time to read back Has this been posted?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28969353/detail.html.

A new juror who served during the Casey Anthony murder trial has come forward and said that if he had to do it all over again, he'd vote to convict Anthony.

That actually makes it worse. It means they weren't confident in their decision to begin with. Why vote to agree on something you have no confidence in?

A new juror who served during the Casey Anthony murder trial has come forward and said that if he had to do it all over again, he'd vote to convict Anthony.

..this was the original "people mag" article...
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20521892,00.html

Casey Anthony 'Seems Like a Horrible Person,' Says Juror

By Steve Helling

..steveH of people has tweeted recently that he has a part two coming--------where the anonymous juror tells us what evidence they actually looked at -----( should be interesting to hear that one...)

..the article was discussed quite a bit on one of the threads here after the article came out august 22nd..

That actually makes it worse. It means they weren't confident in their decision to begin with. Why vote to agree on something you have no confidence in?

I know but I guess it goes back to this jury just being lazy. They believed she was guilty but there was no smoking gun and they didn't want to spend anytime going through the evidence, etc. It was just the easy way out.

But honestly, whatever they say in the press, I don't believe anyways. I think a lot of their comments are just for the public... they feel bad, they think she is guilty, it's the state's fault, etc.

Now the Michael Jackson case want the jury sequestered....

....why the heck not? It worked for OJ and FCA. I am now formally AGAINST sequestration. It does nothing but bond the jury and by the time they have to go to work, they want to go home. OJ's jury did the exact same thing. They bonded wi/OJ. Pinallas bonded w/FCA....this was accomplished by JB moving the table in front of the jury. This isolated the prosecution and put FCA in their face. After all that time, they didn't want her to fact a harsh punishment.

....This moving of the furniture should never have been tolerated. I hated it from the minute I saw the diagram. It prevented a big screen from being utilized and FCA didn't have to look at her work. Florida is not as tough as I thought. In fact, it's beginning to look as lenient as California.

Lenient on "girls" - which it what CM called fca - they aren't lenient on women that are a little rough around the edges, don't fit into society's/Florida's accepted views of femininity & for fact had been sexually abused when a child at age 14 and diagnosed with borderline personality disorder - Aileen Wuornos. At her trial, unlike little girl FCA, the prosecution was allowed to enter into evidence Aileen's prior unrelated criminal acts. Her 1st victim, Richard Mallory was committed for treatment resulting from a criminal charge of assault with intent to rape. His records said he had strong sociopathic trends. (important for her defense since Aileen claimed he had tried to rape her) The judge refused to allow her defense attorneys to admit this in court as evidence.
So see, Florida doesn't go easy on all criminals - just the young women that look like...... FCA, a "girl".

http://www.biography.com/notorious/crimefiles.do?catId=259456&action=view&profileId=262833

So - If the male jurors say fca's appearance, sweaters, sitting in the lowered chair etc didn't play a role in their non-deliberated decision, they are Delusional imo

Zero.

The amount of courage and effort (review and analysis) invested in the deliberation and verdict.

Unfortunately they did not do what they were sworn in to do .

I call BS on they "didn't have the evidence" to convict from the evidence provided at trial. They didn't look at the evidence, they didn't really deliberate afaic. I watched the trial without having followed along past December of '08. I thought there was a strong case for felony murder due to aggravated child abuse. Yesterday I read the autopsy report that I know was available to them. The conclusion of the forensic anthropologist as to when the duct tape was placed on the face was clear. And besides that was her behavior in that 31 days, clearly pointing to her concealing Caylee's death-that alone was worth a manslaughter conviction. This jury consisted of the 12 dullest knives in the drawer-the prosecution would have done well to put things in a way that shallow people would understand. Hindsight is 20/20.

..about the only thing that keeps me sane some days----regarding this wretched WRONG verdict-----is the thought...the hope...

..that the 3 prosecutors were reading the juror comments---livid at 1st of course, and then as more and more came out-----one day they spontaneously burst into laughter!!! the doubled over "laughter-is-good-for-the-soul" knee-slapping All or Nothing !!

..realizing----there WAS nothing else they could have done---or said---or presented---this jury was simply too STUPID to have "got it" anyway..!

..and then once the giggles subsided---frankG got to work on their response to the probation issue...

...LDB got to work on their "costs for investigation"....

...and hopefully jeffA is penning their experience in a book somewhere-----now that i would read-----and PAY for to do so.

..about the only thing that keeps me sane some days----regarding this wretched WRONG verdict-----is the thought...the hope...

..that the 3 prosecutors were reading the juror comments---livid at 1st of course, and then as more and more came out-----one day they spontaneously burst into laughter!!! the doubled over "laughter-is-good-for-the-soul" knee-slapping All or Nothing !!

..realizing----there WAS nothing else they could have done---or said---or presented---this jury was simply too STUPID to have "got it" anyway..!

..and then once the giggles subsided---frankG got to work on their response to the probation issue...

...LDB got to work on their "costs for investigation"....

...and hopefully jeffA is penning their experience in a book somewhere-----now that i would read-----and PAY for to do so.

May be a speed course on elementary/primary education could aid if they ever have a Pinellas 12 jury type again. Or use the KISS principle on such a jury.

Someway I missed this yesterday. Just a little too late, iykwim.
I only wish they jurors would have taken their time, asked questions and operated like a proper jury.
mo

I call BS on they "didn't have the evidence" to convict from the evidence provided at trial. They didn't look at the evidence, they didn't really deliberate afaic. I watched the trial without having followed along past December of '08. I thought there was a strong case for felony murder due to aggravated child abuse. Yesterday I read the autopsy report that I know was available to them. The conclusion of the forensic anthropologist as to when the duct tape was placed on the face was clear. And besides that was her behavior in that 31 days, clearly pointing to her concealing Caylee's death-that alone was worth a manslaughter conviction. This jury consisted of the 12 dullest knives in the drawer-the prosecution would have done well to put things in a way that shallow people would understand. Hindsight is 20/20.

I can't get over how the jurors who felt she was guilty of aggravated manslaughter caved so easily. How do they live with themselves knowing that because they didn't have the balls to stand up for what they believed, a woman who murdered her own sweet baby walked away scott free.

Lenient on "girls" - which it what CM called fca - they aren't lenient on women that are a little rough around the edges, don't fit into society's/Florida's accepted views of femininity & for fact had been sexually abused when a child at age 14 and diagnosed with borderline personality disorder - Aileen Wuornos. At her trial, unlike little girl FCA, the prosecution was allowed to enter into evidence Aileen's prior unrelated criminal acts. Her 1st victim, Richard Mallory was committed for treatment resulting from a criminal charge of assault with intent to rape. His records said he had strong sociopathic trends. (important for her defense since Aileen claimed he had tried to rape her) The judge refused to allow her defense attorneys to admit this in court as evidence.
So see, Florida doesn't go easy on all criminals - just the young women that look like...... FCA, a "girl".

The defense definitely played on that "innocent, tiny young girl" routine. To me FCA is not that attractive, but it is obvious some think she is, including some of the jury members probably. I'm pretty sure if she were larger or, heaven forbid, fat or old, she would have been convicted in a heartbeat. Very sad. The prosecution should have brought in a Caylee-sized mannequin to make the point that no matter how small FCA is, Caylee was even smaller and certainly no match physically for even a petite adult.

I can't get over how the jurors who felt she was guilty of aggravated manslaughter caved so easily. How do they live with themselves knowing that because they didn't have the balls to stand up for what they believed, a woman who murdered her own sweet baby walked away scott free.

..i truly believe that the "hold-out" juror #2 thought (or was convinced?) that either he had to join the 11 Not Guilties---or----get all of them to join his 1 Guilty.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20521892,00.html

And we talked for a while, then it was 11-1 to acquit. And the guy who didn't want to acquit basically looked at us and said, 'O.K., whatever you all want.' He knew he wasn't going to convince us."

..so they could bring an unanimous decision (only) back to the judge, as interpretted by the jury foreman (?) when reading the jury instructions.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/04/jury-instructions-in-the-casey-anthony-trial/
---Jury Instructions---Casey Anthony Trial---

RULES FOR DELIBERATION

5. Your duty is to determine if the defendant has been proven guilty or not, in accord with the law.
6. Whatever verdict you render must be unanimous, that is, each juror must agree to the same verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk