2011.05.22 Geraldo Rivera - LIVE in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why aren't more woman that murder their own children given the death penalty? Parents that murder their own kids would be number one on my personal "who gets the death penalty" list.

Wow, was it?? Do you recognize this interview? They sure made it look like that was his feeling now-- shoot, JG getting the shaft again? :banghead:

I'm not watching the program, however by what was posted here, it seemed to be verbatim of what I remember from an old interview.

Geraldo is one happy man. He knows that no publicity is bad publicity for him so every time he heard his name in jury selection he also heard $$$$$$$. He can posture every which way but this trial has kept Geraldo relevant. (for now)

Geraldo is in Orlando tonight and covering the case. I know I know - but we don't know what he's saying unless we watch.

I just turned on Fox News, not knowing Geraldo was on, because I caught a news blurb that there's been horrendous tornadoes in the midwest - one report is that 75% of Joplin, MO is damaged.

What I just heard Geraldo say is that the state is going after the death penalty because of an elected sheriff who wants to show how tough he is. I can't believe how biased Geraldo is, but then again, he's a friend of Baez! :banghead:

Geraldo back live with Stacie H. Dr Baden; Mark Furhman; Ed Tyll

Ed Tyll is a radio host and talking about some days the anger comes out more than others. The support over the dp on the air is shocking - ferociously - ends up with people yelling into their phones.

Stacie H; drive up from Miami - saw billboards announcing the start of this trial - NEVER saw that ever before; very high profile case; surprised the amount of time (shortness) to pick a jury and to get this jury in 11 days, is I think, masterful

Dr. Baden: Statics on parent killing children is very high , yet rarely see the dp

Mark F: I agree with you Geraldo, the dp is reaching way to high; you start with dp and the bargain down..... (ummm.... ICA WON'T BARGAIN) Should be a deal where ICA tells what happens and gets LWOP - (yea, like that's going to happen....)

Oh here we go - he's on this kick about this being a political poly from an elected DA - "Let's kill the beotch" (and yes Geraldo just said that) I just don't get why he's on this "political kick" and that's WHY ICA is up for the dp.

BBM I remember in the very beginning, Cindy spouting off that opinion. Was that part recent? Sheesh.

The music is making me mad... to sympathetic for KC, not Caylee!

eta: I think Geraldo is Baezed. mo

Clip of the jail visit: "my life has been taken from me"

Geraldo: That's why people hate her - Its all about me me me . What about

David B: HHJP is a very good judge. Took 6 years to get to Chief judge. He is the smartest man in that courtoom, all the attorney know it and I think ICA knows it now too

Geraldo: The dp made the trial more $$$ but it also raises the stakes of a conviction. The number one killer of children under 4 is murder by parent or step-parent. Very few of them are ever asked to pay for it with their life. (well maybe they should and fewer children would be dying...............just sayin')

Showing clips now of pj's that were against the dp; now showing clips of pj's in favor of dp.

Staice H: Every case is individual and \ you don't make your case on prior cases. The Grand Jury came back with a murder indictment and the State will prosecute that case. Just because dp is asked for - doesn't mean she's gonna get it.

Dr. Baden: Dr. G couldn't conclude what the cause of death was.

Dr. Baden

Geraldo: How strong is the forensic evidence?

Dr. Baden: there's no evidence of murder - there is evidence of drowning. The tape around the skull doesn't tell you if it was put on before or after death. Duct tape is used all the time to keep things from spreading out. (really? is he trying to say the duct tape was there to keep "Caylee's parts" from separating? - really? Oh FGS)

Geraldo: the heart sticker

Dr. Baden: Lots of experts that are going to contadict the smell, etc.

RBBM

I'd love for Dr. Baden to explain exactly what evidence there is of drowning. Caylee was nothing but a skeleton by the time they found her. Is he referring to the pool ladder being in the pool? If so, how do they prove that it was the same day that Caylee died?

BBM I remember in the very beginning, Cindy spouting off that opinion. Was that part recent? Sheesh.
Yes, CA brought that up early on - then it was dropped. Geraldo re-adopted this about a month or so ago and kust runs with it whenever he gets a chance. He even named the DA in his little rant last week. Geraldo is definitely pro-DT - but that's not new. We all knew that long ago.

Geraldo is such a <mod snip> who simply fancies himself in the devil's advocate suit.

Baden is washed up, imo. No chloroform in her body-- well, there wasn't a body. shoot

Baden is washed up, imo.

So true and now he is really assisting the DT and his wife. How transparent and pathetic. Sorry to see him hawking his once decent reputation on behalf of ICA.

So true and now he is really assisting the DT and his wife. How transparent and pathetic. Sorry to see him hawking his once decent reputation on behalf of ICA.
So I guess it was a good thing that I missed the show?

Clip if ICA "I know that she's alive, bucketload of evidence" interview

Stacie: Women hate her because they relate to being a mom and lack of compassion from her

Tyll: There are moments when ICA is on camera and she flashes her eyes ina way that plays to that generation. She's become like an icon (really - this guy really just said that?)

Stacie: She didn't report her kid missing for 31 days - anyone with a child missing goes into full blown meltdown within minutes. She never showed any emotion.

Tyll - no way will she testify - she'd be eaten alive by the prosecutors.

Dr. Baden: no cholorform in body; there was a suggestion of cholorform in the trunk of the car which is disputed by BOTH sides (???? I didn't get why he said that - BOTH sides?). Its a case more of emotion trumping evidence.

Gerlado talking about OJ and his crime and being acquitted. Asks MF what's the difference here?

MF: If we would have had OJ admitting that he was standing with RG and NS on that stoop and then someone came up and stabbed them and he ran for his life - but he didn't do that. He didn't do what ICA did do. She made up the babsitter and now that's put the child in her custody and her custody alone. She was the last one to see the child. Its a better path than OJ left.

So I guess it was a good thing that I missed the show?

Stress wise yes. Watching Geraldo being Geraldo (remember the empty safe fiasco) priceless because he doesn't typically end up a winner. Remember he had JB out on his boat so now this is all about access and payback. :banghead:

Showing clip of JG -

Geraldo: Her slutting around

JG: I would say her partying lifestyle was more extensive than anyone ever knew.

Now showing HHJP reading the indictment.

Talking about the "hatred" of ICA and why that was. Talking about Bonnie Parker and Susan Smith and Andrea Yates. Saying the amount of anger directed at ICA is unprecidented - mostly from woman.

RBBM

I would have to argue against Geraldo on this point.

Bonnie Parker died in 1934. Geraldo was not around at that time to know what the "feel" of the public was. I would have to guess that there was plenty of "hatred" towards her and Clyde because of the murders they committed.

Susan Smith was hated. She drowned her two precious boys when she could have easily given them to their father instead. Susan helped herself some by telling LE where the boys were. I personally feel alot of "hatred" towards Susan and would have preferred that she had been given the death penalty.

Andrea Yates is in a class by herself and IMO should not be in the same batch as the others. Andrea clearly had mental issues that were not taken care of even though the signs were clearly visible. Andrea, once on the proper meds, has been in severe pain because of her actions. Andrea never tried to cover up what she did. Andrea lives in her own constant hell because of her actions.

Casey has tried to cover up what she has done. Casey has never shown any remorse whatsoever for her actions. Casey decided to remain quiet and hope that Caylee would not be found. Casey (IMO) suffers from no mental illness that would explain her actions. Because of these things many do feel a "hatred" towards her. Many also feel that the best outcome at the end of her trial is a guilty verdict followed by LWOP or death.

Geraldo (if he is a parent) needs to remember what being a parent feels like. How would he feel if one of his children died by accident? Would he kill one of his children, cover up the crime and go partying because he now has his "freedom"? Perhaps he needs to get away from Baez some and check out the discovery and other documents that have been released.

MOO

Dr. Baden

Geraldo: How strong is the forensic evidence?

Dr. Baden: there's no evidence of murder - there is evidence of drowning. The tape around the skull doesn't tell you if it was put on before or after death. Duct tape is used all the time to keep things from spreading out. (really? is he trying to say the duct tape as there to keep "Caylee's parts" from separating? - really? Oh FGS)

Geraldo: the heart sticker

Dr. Baden: Lots of experts that are going to contadict the smell, etc.

BBM! REALLY? Evidence of DROWNING??????? He's one heck of a ME/forensic pathologist who can determine COD as drowning WITHOUT soft tissue to examine! Most I've :innocent: ever met have utilized tissue sections under a 'scope to confirm the external evaluation & internal organ evaluation. (PS: that's gross anatomy at its finest!)
(HMMMMMMM maybe HE "knows" that there were "frothy bubbles" or discharge on the duct tape (you know, the tape that was exposed to the elements for 6 months!)

Surprise....BLOCKED cavities that prevent the intake of O2 equals death, not very many toddlers are that coordinated to place a piece of duct tape themselves, never mind THREE! Now applying LOGIC and experience, I'm stating that the tape adds to the presumption of homicide NOT suicide, accident or a natural death.:maddening:

EXPERTS "contradicting the smell" will be few and far between, LAY persons will be CONFIRMING the smell.:maddening:

:twocents: Would somebody PLEASE sign Michael Baden, M. D. up for a websleuths account, it appears to me :innocent: that he needs to brush up on the information regarding the case! :floorlaugh:

I can imagine Geraldo sitting back, thinking he is somehow casting "reasonable doubt" across the nation, and giving himself a nice pat on the back.

The only problem there is that it's not actually happening. When he was saying that KC has been cast as a monster, vilified, and prematurely judged as guilty, millions of people probably thought to themselves "d@$% straight!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998