2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me that Baez is asking for a do-over of the Frye issues. HHJP is being quite patient in trying to explain to Baez how he cannot have a mini-Frye hearing again after he's already had a Frye hearing.

Everyone that didn't go to law school - here's a mini-lecture courtesy of Judge Perry! lol

lol, HHJP tells Baez no. And Baez asks, what are you trying to tell me?

My words.

Good gravy JB - the apple only has so many bites! Thank you HHJP, the court has ruled on this already. Time to bring the jury in!

What part of No does Baez not seem do understand....I wish someone would Vodire Baez to see if he is an Attorney....

Baez is rehashing old objections and making amateur requests already.

I respect defense counsel and so glad we have a system that gives them broad lattitude to defend the accused.

So, Baez doesn/t perturb me because he happens to represent a defendant I dislike and his strategy is "out there", imo. Baez perturbs me because he is a discredit to his profession; unskilled, time-wasting, and always expecting to be exempt from the rules that apply to all other attornies. He is always a day late and a dollar short, imo.

HHJP is being a teacher once again. Wonder if JB now has kicked himself over and over since the day he filed the motion to remove HHJS?

HHJP: We've done reliability on the methodology. We already had a Frye hearing. Simple answer is NO. Unless she testifies to something totally different.... Based upon - if memory serves me correct - you didn't have any objections to the Frye hearing - that she was a hair & fiber analysst and she was qualified to be an expert witness. Your objection were based on Frye that this was new or novel scientific evidence. We have established that - you cannot have a mini-Frye hearing again after you've had one. That was tried once in Coral (sp?) vs. State by the defense dealing with some blood evidence.
You can maintain your position - but the Court has ruled. Anything else?

HHBP - if the state fails to lay a proper foundation that she is qualified, he will let BP voir dire the expert. Reference 9705.

JB not understanding ruling.

What do you want to voir dire the witness about?

JB Witness qualified? Methodology?

HHBP - to JB you didn't have any objections at the Frye hearing. Correll vs. State dealing with blood evidence.

JB - in order to establish proper predicate, he feels voir dire is necessary.

HHBP - I've ruled and we've wasted enough time on that!

Here comes the Jury.

Oh boy
the answer is NO!

i have a headache already

Instead of taking pictures with tourist during lunch, JB should have been studying his law books JMHO:twocents::maddening:

Judge- I rule that we've wasted enough time...

Point noted!

I do not want to see Baez lay a predicate. Nope.

Me: Mr. Baezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I seriously need to get a book on legal terms...
Same here.. I wonder if the "dummies" guys have one called "Trial Procedure for Dummies"... I've learned a lot from Judge Perry's lessons for Jose, but.. Geez... Is Mason helping Baez come up with these insane objections and stuff??

It is 6 am here. I have had only one diet coke, never went to law school and even I get it. JB there are no words...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy