2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all! Sounds like it's going to be yet another interesting day. Typing fingers are all warmed up and ready to go. Just going to get a few last minute chores done and I'll be back.:seeya:

Speaking of Body Farm folks, after Dr. Vass' cross examination by JB, I became curious about this fly with electronic collar thing JB asked about. JB wanted to make Dr. Vass look like a kook, which just didn't ring true to me. To me, Dr. Vass seemed like a brainiac. So I did alittle research.

The fly experiment, turns out, is kinda brilliant. Dr. Vass is trying to see if a fly with a tracking chip can lead him to a dead body. Makes perfect sense to me, since we learned from Dr. Haskell exactly how different species of flies feed on different stages of decomp.

Just thought I'd share that.

By the way, where is the MSM in all this? Stop showing videos of individuals beating each other up waiting in line for the Casey Anthony trial and misinforming the public that Werner Spitz did some type of great job by dropping unsubstantiated BS bombshells when he was destroyed by the prosecution on cross and investigate whether there is some embellishments going on here. Inquiring minds want to know.

Okay, I give up trying to figure out what MSM means, have seen it several times and have no idea what it stands for...help please.

IIRC, it stands for main stream media.

:seeya:

Good morning, everyone! Hope today is a great day for everyone (and the prosecution!).

Good Morning....Breakfast looks wonderful! I had wild dreams last night of which many of you were a part of. I think the radio show that is putting a voice to your WS names is getting to me...lol

Interesting read while waiting...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...accused-child-killer/story?id=13881355&page=2

So when you study the more private, personal evidence, what does it demonstrate?

It demonstrates that Casey Anthony really was as detached from her missing daughter as a delayed reporting would suggest. It goes even further -- for Casey Anthony noted that she was as happy as she has ever been, and wrote that the end justifies the means. Whatever her connection to Caylee at the time, her daughter's disappearance was a significant life event. These private communications from that time underscore the distinctive attitudes of satisfaction in the wake of death, and lack of remorse or indifference.

Speaking of Body Farm folks, after Dr. Vas's cross examination by JB, I became curious about this fly with electronic collar thing JB asked about. JB wanted to make Dr. Vass look like a kook, which just didn't ring true to me. To me, Dr. Vass seemed like a brainiac. So I did alittle research.

The fly experiment, turns out, is kinda brilliant. Dr. Vass is trying to see if a fly with a tracking chip can lead him to a dead body. Makes perfect sense to me, since we learned from Dr. Haskell exactly how different species of flies feed on different stages of decomp.

Exactly. It is brilliant and on the cutting edge of research. It's so hard for searchers to find people, we all know that.

Now imagine letting loose a bunch of carrion-seeking flies with small gps enabled chips attached to them and viewing them on a gps screen. They would congregate around carrion. Then you could go to the fly hot spot or hot spots where they are congregating to see what they are targeting.

It's a great idea for finding remains. Flies are cheap and plentiful, they don't need to be trained like dogs, and they could be used at different possible sites easily. The GPS chips are getting cheaper every day- they have to be very small for the fly to handle them though. That would seem to me to be the major hurdle.

Been up since 3 am. Already cleaned the kitchen & bathroom, did 2 loads of laundry, vac'd the house, and dusted the computer room. So I'm good to go until we recess for lunch.

Hubby is taking over the bottle feeding of the underachieving kitten today. Bless his heart! :)

You're a better woman than I! I've only been up for 30 minutes and all I've managed to do was make coffee. I will *eventually* get to the laundry, etc. but I can't promise it.

Breakfast looks tempting, thanks for the Eggs Benedict! I'm looking forward to today's testimony - and to tomorrow's also. Then.....It's back to work and I'll have to rely on your superb posts to keep up with the "bombshells" :)

Good morning all! I'm getting ready to go into work today. :( I plan on checking in through Tapatalk on my phone though. TIA to everyone who posts on this and the trial thread! I may have to watch tonight on Youtube to see Mr. Ashton in action! :D

Folks, If a site is blocked or unapproved none of the info from that site can be brought here to WS. Can someone find a different source for this information?

TIA (Mods I hope this is not out of line for me to post, if so please remove)

Folks, If a site is blocked or unapproved none of the info from that site can be brought here to WS. Can someone find a different source for this information?

TIA (Mods I hope this is not out of line for me to post, if so please remove)

Thanks Cubby, Know it now.

Speaking of Body Farm folks, after Dr. Vas's cross examination by JB, I became curious about this fly with electronic collar thing JB asked about. JB wanted to make Dr. Vass look like a kook, which just didn't ring true to me. To me, Dr. Vass seemed like a brainiac. So I did alittle research.

reminds me of the guy in savannah Ga. that was mentioned in the book Midnight in the Garden of good and evil, He would tie flies to himself with thread. He would walk around with flies flying around him. lol

I agree - just like his sniffer machine - he's trying to make a mechanical cadaver dog - sort of. He was hired "to think out of the box" - and I think he said he didn't even know what the box was - LOL. Heck - one day - maybe our cell phones will HAVE AN APP FOR THAT. What sounds crazy today - will probably be reality soon enough.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/tv_hottest_ticket_581uQbnfbbFSixnPFbfzAP

TV's hottest ticket
Holy OJ! Viewers can't get enough Casey
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/tv_hottest_ticket_581uQbnfbbFSixnPFbfzAP

Dr. Drew Pinsky, who started a nightly 9 p.m. show on HLN with faint-pulse ratings last spring, has seen his ratings nearly triple since devoting his show to the trial -- beating both Piers Morgan on CNN and Rachael Maddow on MSNBC nearly every night this month.

I used to watch him on Celebrity Rehab every once in a while, but hadn't watched his new show until last week. I find him to be a calming influence coming on right after NG:twocents:

good morning yall...laundry done, tomato plant fixed, made bubbles for the lil one, havent managed a shower yet so *hands out clothespins*

although I stink less than the defense so yall should be okay :biglaugh:

Does anyone know if we are starting at 8:30am today to take up the issue of HHJP previewing a statement to the jury about the abrupt change in the order of witnesses (also called "JB's Blunder of the Week"?).

:floorlaugh:
good morning yall...laundry done, tomato plant fixed, made bubbles for the lil one, havent managed a shower yet so *hands out clothespins*

although I stink less than the defense so yall should be okay :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member