2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all have to deliberate and come to a mutual agreement. Usually they begin by taking a secret ballot and seeing what the consensus is. If it is half and half, then usually they will all agree to the lesser charge. I don't think it often happens that a majority will be convinced to agree to a more severe charge. But if there is only one or two that want manslaughter, and the rest want aggravated child abuse, then they may possibly convince the minority to vote for a tougher punishment. [ This comes from my experience 40 years ago working for a defense attorney. We used to 'interview' to some of the jurors by questionnaire afterwards to see what happened, for future reference. ] The major thing I learned was that the jury foreman had a lot of power if they wanted it. It is a group dynamic and eventually everyone wants to come to a successful verdict so they can go home.
The most important issue left, imo, is what the judge drafts for the jury instructions. In this fragile of a circumstantial case, his words can make or break the case for either side.

This goes against what I thought though...because I thought the judge or the attorneys asked during the pre-trial voir-doir if the jurors are easily swayed or can think for themselves? If this is so, it does not make sense that they should be allowed at all to be convinced by another juror member to vote any different way other than what they intended on.

But what she testified to today was that she saw that the pool ladder was left up on june 16 .And that the side gate was open.So were to assume that Caylee got outside, climbed the ladder, and fell in the pool.

Or not....or how about ICA staged it after she killed Caylee....

The thing that has bothered me almost as much as the 31 days is the comment ica made to her parents " Don't worry, I didn't tell them anything".........WTH could that possibly mean??? Why wasn't it brought up in court either?

Her Dad was a cop - he knew cops play games getting confessions - so they told her not to say anything else without her lawyer there.

And by the way, any lawyer worth his salt will advise his or her client not to take a polygraph test. They don't stand up in court and are used for intimidation purposes only.

A good con has no trouble passing one. I bet ICA could because in the moment ICA tells a lie, she believes it. In that moment.

Was Lee going to talk about the "molestation" and NOT the "hidden" pregnancy??

Very interesting theory... worth looking at again... Richard Hornsby....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvTlLpvOrA&feature=youtu.be

One more thing because I am here by myself I think. Imagine having a sister you believe you are close to. Then you find out she does this terrible thing. Then she tells her defense attorney, who then broadcasts it to THE WORLD who is watching this trial and hanging on to every moment of it, that he sexually abused her.

And you think he had no reason to cry? In frustration? In anger??? He will never be able to wash that taint of that accusation off of him for the rest of his life. Just look at what posters here have accused him of - and on what grounds - the word of someone who lies for the sake of lying?

Bah!!!

This goes against what I thought though...because I thought the judge or the attorneys asked during the pre-trial voir-doir if the jurors are easily swayed or can think for themselves? If this is so, it does not make sense that they should be allowed at all to be convinced by another juror member to vote any different way other than what they intended on.

You do have to think for yourself, but you also have to be open to listening to other points of view and other interpretations of the evidence. The jurors are not going to go into the deliberations all in agreement. There may be one or two wanting the DP and 1 or 2 thinking the state did not prove their case. The remaining jurors will probably be in the middle. So some of them will have to be convinced to change their votes.

The pretrial voir-doir was all about not being swayed or bullied into changing one's mind. But you should be open to listening to the majority's reasons for their votes. If 10 people want to vote for aggravated child abuse, and 2 want acquittal, the 2 SHOULD give a chance to the majority to explain their thinking. And vice versa.

Not sure if this has been discussed as I am behind on both the trial and sidebar thread. Just now getting to watch the Nightline: A Casey Anthony Story, 4 minutes into the video a page showing what looks to be from a baby book:

Caylee Marie Anthony born Aug 9th 2005 weighing 7 Lbs and 6 oz.

Something that bothered just as much as Cindy's lies today was Jose patting and comforting Lee as he left the witness box. Jose portrayed Lee as being a child molester of his very own sister and then actually acted as if he gave a crap that Lee was emotionally upset during his testimony.............puleeeeeeeeeze.:sick:

BBM

I think that shows Baez still needs Lee. He isn't done yet. IMO

After seeing Lee on the stand today, my thoughts went to the jailhouse videos. I recall Lee sitting pen in hand and writing down all the clues his sister dictated to him in order to find Caylee.

Lee was very serious and sincere as he listened to his sister. I believe he really thought he could find his niece or solve the mystery.

Casey looked as if she loved the attention he was giving her. That every word she said was getting Lee closer to finding the child. He looked so determined.

As he testified today, I think Lee was remembering that scene as well as other times he has seriously tried to help his sister. And, here she was on trial for murder and accusing him of molesting her and in short blaming him for the fact that she is such a liar and so disfunctional.

He probably was also going over in his mind how he and Casey bonded together in order to survive being the offspring of such odd parents who really had no idea of how to raise children or show them any type of tolerance or consider their feelings.

I think Casey shared with her brother exactly what happened to Caylee and gave him directions to where she stashed her body. And he swore never to betray her confidence.

Taking all this into consideration, no wonder Lee was crying. JMO

I think KC enjoyed "playing" that game with her brother.I don't think she gave him any useful information at all.IMO she was chuckling to herself at what a fool he was pretending to be the lead investigator.

I'm bumping this ....Thanks darcedarce!!!

This is Richard Hornsby's take on why Lee was crying and it's pretty amazing.
The entire interview was really good,but scary,

This is why I love websleuths... all the great information I get. Thank you.

I've heard of a number of beautiful incidents regarding birds and the messages they sometimes bring for humans. I love the 'Small Miracles' books.

Five years ago my close friend committed suicide in a garden shed. This occured on Sunday afternoon and he was found only on Tuesday. Neighbors said that sometime that sunday afternoon/evening a flock of birds suddenly appeared and hovered above the shed. They screeched for a few minutes and then disappeared. Neighbors found that to be very strange as they had never witnessed such an incident before.

I believe that the Divine Force is looking out for Caylee and the people who seek justice for her. The bird is just a lovely sign of that.

I do believe most certainly that LA was not simply crying because of being precluded from Caylee's birth, however, if he was supposed to testify about sexual abuse and did not why wasn't Casey angry with him for not sticking to the game plan?

Hey everyone! The new Sidebar for today is open now. :) This one will be closing shortly.

I do believe most certainly that LA was not simply crying because of being precluded from Caylee's birth, however, if he was supposed to testify about sexual abuse and did not why wasn't Casey angry with him for not sticking to the game plan?

Watch Casey's face when Lee is leaving the stand, she is mad. she is telling her lawyer something and is clearly mad...
http://www.youtube.com/user/1947Sier.../3/TGmYM7sU84I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member