2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
info - one reason for Mental Competency Evaluations:

http://drswerdlow-freed.com/forensicarticle9.html
Competency to Stand Trial - by Daniel H. Swerdlow-Freed, Ph.D.

I am a reformed basher here on WS. Last week I made the mistake of not connecting mind over matter and posted a bashing comment.
I then filed an insanity defense with the MODS to no avail. They knew that I knew right from wrong and immediately put my arse in solitary confinement for two dang days. And...rightfully so.
This is my message to all...do not do it. Even if you think you are being witty and gregarious...do not do it. I learned that solitary is a very dark and dreary place. Competency hearings do not work! You are not insane if your post is bashing.
Beware your thoughts and let the good in you prevent the dark side.
Solitary Sucks!
Say NO to the dark side.
Glad to be back. I missed you all!
:crazy::maddening::great:

Mark NeJame said over the w/e that the legal issue was significant - a local reporter said it could alter the course of the trial - and Geraldo said his irrefutable source told him it was "nothing".

In retrospect ... those opinions/statements are interesting to reconsider.

Hmmmm...

Possibly JB understands Casey's moods & states of mind ... and CM ... not so sure ... wanted to double check prior to continuing?

She sure wasn't on suicide watch after Caylee supposedly drowned in the pool or kidnapped. She didn't even have a breakdown.

Hmmm... On IS Dr. Jeff Gardere - Forensic Psychologist is suggesting she be put on suicide watch as the trial gets toward the end.

I took quick notes during the interview:

She has to understand what's happening in court, understand the charges, able to assist in her own defense..Not about insanity, can understand what's happening at the present time..Paper & pencil tests..Medical issues? Psychotic break, mental breakdown, pressure got to her, depressed, broke emotionally, not cooperating with defense team.

Not seen too often in middle of case, perplexing, may not be assisting with defense, cumulative effect, some kind of break had to happen..This can't be a game/strategy..Very serious biz to request this.

Not many close ppl, Baez is the closest, she needs to help him, not treat him like the enemy.

Stable according to exams..Clinical disorder ruled out..Anti-social disorder not used for competency..Maybe defense team didn't notice the depth of her mental issues before now..Dead daughter, on trial for life, why laughing & smiling? Crying, anxious, nervous appropriate..Disconnected to reality? Emotional breakdown vs psychotic breakdown very diff..Overwhelmed by environment vs break with reality..Defense should be concerned, should ask for suicide watch, observation.

Been gone for hours. I had to get out of here after this morning; all the theatrics for ICA holding court up makes me sick.

My daughter and I went to Water Dance Aerobics. It was a blast! GREAT stress reliever! :great: Don played this to it. Enjoy! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI64R1bjN7U&feature=fvsr"]YouTube - ‪Mr. C The Slide Man - Cha Cha Slide Part 2‬‏[/ame]

Today is gonna be a good day for Caylee...it's my birthday and I couldn't think of a better gift for little Caylee to rest in peace and for the TRUTH to be told and justice to be served !!!

:blushing:

:balloons: Happy Birthday!

I am a reformed basher here on WS. Last week I made the mistake of not connecting mind over matter and posted a bashing comment.
I then filed an insanity defense with the MODS to no avail. They knew that I knew right from wrong and immediately put my arse in solitary confinement for two dang days. And...rightfully so.
This is my message to all...do not do it. Even if you think you are being witty and gregarious...do not do it. I learned that solitary is a very dark and dreary place. Competency hearings do not work! You are not insane if your post is bashing.
Solitary Sucks!
Say NO to the dark side.

Missed you too!

So after this competency hearing/ruling, do you think ICA will take the stand?

I can only assume after that competency motion they are doing everything to keep her off the stand I believe that's why they filed the motion.

I have a feeling KC has been waiting to tell her side since day 1 and for once I hope she gets her way...I think they may have lost control of their client..JMO

Solitary Sucks!
Say NO to the dark side.

Welcome back. We are all tempted from time to time. No bad.:seeya:

So after this competency hearing/ruling, do you think ICA will take the stand?

JMO, but I think if she does it is a HUGE mistake. When LDB/JA get hold of her, she'll wish she'd just stuck her head in a juicer. There is absolutely no way this person can testify. I feel the jury knows she is a pathological liar and wouldn't believe a word she said. Imagine with her on the stand and JB doing his direct. :banghead:

Don't know if this was asked and/or answered, but I was wondering what became of all the media talking about getting the sidebars from last week? Have they been posted anywhere? thanks in advance

The information just isn't relevant, if he had nothing to do with it, why would they call him ? Let the DT call him if they want and then they will look like idiots when the SA is done with them.

I really don't understand the suspicions against this man.

I am not suspcious of him...but I can't help thinking the jury has to be wondering what the H the August business is about and hoping they will find out, as it would bug me like crazy if I was a juror and only heard what has come out so far...many allusions to August but the state keeps objecting...

Okay, I'm confused.

How can a trio of mental health experts truly judge her competent?
She probably lied to them.

jmo

Wonder if ICA blew up over why her team wasn't asking specific questions or bringing in certain people and insisting the team do it her way so she could walk. Perhaps CM tried to explain to her that her situation is very grave and there is no way she will walk but will spend at least some time in prison or else the rest of her life or the DP - and then she really lost it she got so mad.

CM would consider that incompetent if he's tried to convince her of the penalties that await her and she won't listen to him or anyone. We see her in court constantly poking the attorney's sitting next to her and pointing out things or handing them urgent notes - maybe indicates she refuses to understand the process.
But I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not she is sane or not.

I took quick notes during the interview:

She has to understand what's happening in court, understand the charges, able to assist in her own defense..Not about insanity, can understand what's happening at the present time..Paper & pencil tests..Medical issues? Psychotic break, mental breakdown, pressure got to her, depressed, broke emotionally, not cooperating with defense team.

Not seen too often in middle of case, perplexing, may not be assisting with defense, cumulative effect, some kind of break had to happen..This can't be a game/strategy..Very serious biz to request this.

Not many close ppl, Baez is the closest, she needs to help him, not treat him like the enemy.

Stable according to exams..Clinical disorder ruled out..Anti-social disorder not used for competency..Maybe defense team didn't notice the depth of her mental issues before now..Dead daughter, on trial for life, why laughing & smiling? Crying, anxious, nervous appropriate..Disconnected to reality? Emotional breakdown vs psychotic breakdown very diff..Overwhelmed by environment vs break with reality..Defense should be concerned, should ask for suicide watch, observation.

She had to have acted in a way or said something of enormous concern for Perry to allow for an eval in the middle of the trial like that...JMHO.

There is another trial here that I am very loosely watching, the defendent in that case has done some very strange things (to include swallowing a pencil, and an actual sucide attempt) and he's not been ordered to be re-eval'ed as of last week. JMHO.

blago copters over my house....wow...it's a super media day!!! woo hoo!!!!

I'm going to guess, yes. And I think that's why she was so happy this morning. :waitasec:

I think her taking the stand is what this has been about since Saturday morning.

♫ When you wish upon a star..... ♫

JAHappy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members