2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised....

2 cups (8 oz) elbow macaroni
3 T butter divided---plus extra for greasing pan
2 T flour
2 cups milk (I like whole for this)
1/2 white onion (saute' until translucent and set aside)
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp paprika
4 cups colby or colby jack cheese divided.
fresh ground pepper (not already ground)
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs

bring 6 cups of water and 1 1/2 tsp salt to a rolling boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender. Drain and place in large bowl.

Melt 2 T butter in a large saucepan over med-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook whisking constantly about 2 minutes. Color should be light gold. do not scorch.

Gradually whisk in milk, stir in onion, bay leaf and paprika. Simmer gently stirring often for 15 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaf.

Stir in the cooked macaroni.

Pour half of the mixture into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.

Pour the other half of the mixture on top of the cheese.

Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top.

Melt one T butter in a small skillet. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat lightly.

Sprinkle the buttered crumbs over the macaroni and cheese dish.

Bake at 350 approx 30-40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

ETA....if possible. Do NOT buy pre-shredded cheese. Shred a block yourself...it makes all the difference. the bags of shredded cheese have an additive to keep it from sticking together. I like fresh.

Can I just take a moment to say that Jim Lichtenstein and his stupid tweets are dancing on my last nerve? The vast majority of his tweets have nothing to do with the ongoing trial.

Sigh... another entire day being used up because Baez can't get over his Vass envy.

Obviously I'm quite cranky today. I'm just tired of all this extraneous BS and getting so far afield of what this case is truly about.

He is obsessed with people's hair and clothes. Talks about his crush on the court clerk. It's really annoying!

However if you tweet a question at him he almost always answers. If you have a Q about the jurors or something you'll definitely get a reply. So I keep him on my follow list.

Can I just take a moment to say that Jim Lichtenstein and his stupid tweets are dancing on my last nerve? The vast majority of his tweets have nothing to do with the ongoing trial.

Sigh... another entire day being used up because Baez can't get over his Vass envy.

Obviously I'm quite cranky today. I'm just tired of all this extraneous BS and getting so far afield of what this case is truly about.

Baez was terrified of Dr. Vass testimony and he's on a mission to destroy his testimony. He's failing miserably.

Can they bring the jurors to smell the Sunfire? What do they do, put the jurors in a bus and take them to the place where it is impounded?

Does it still stink today? I know it stunk at the 2 year mark but we are at 3 years now...

Having the jurors smell the car would be the coup de grace. If they jurors smell the caras the last bit of evidence in the case and it is really that bad I think it will be game over, ICA.

They brought the Sunfire to them. Well, the trunk anyway. The decomp smell is in evidence in those 3 silver cans. (the pieces that are cut out of the spare tire cover)

Can they bring the jurors to smell the Sunfire? What do they do, put the jurors in a bus and take them to the place where it is impounded?

Does it still stink today? I know it stunk at the 2 year mark but we are at 3 years now...

Having the jurors smell the car would be the coup de grace. If they jurors smell the caras the last bit of evidence in the case and it is really that bad I think it will be game over, ICA.

Without even smelling that Sunfire, I can truthfully assure you that it does indeed still reek of decomposition, even 3 years later.

My guess is that would be unethical, and also a risk for the prosecution, because what if jurors say, "I can't smell anything"? The expert testimony is stronger evidence for the prosecution, IMO.

I don't care if she doesn't get the DP. LWOP, or 60 years or something would be fine with me.

Dosent she have a trial for the checks also? That can get her 60 years alone.
What about the IRS?

Is JB accusing the State of washing the garbage?? I'm confused! :waitasec:

He has said it before when Bloise was on the stand,he asked if he was aware a certain officer may have scooped out some wet food items before it went into the drying room.

I dont remember the exacts of it but it was the first time Bloise was on the stand when he had admitted he ran out of paper evidence bags.

What's with Baez and his, "...Caylee allegedly died on June 16th". Hes the one said Caylee definately died on June 16th.

Thank You! I agree, and am no longer following him or Ashley Banfield. Yep, they are plucking my 'last' nerve.:crazy:

I agree with A Banfield - I can't find a single redeeming reason to follow her tweets!! Yet somehow I haven't had time to unfollow her. Heh.

I asked that question in the court thread and didn't get an answer (dont think)
Maybe it's a secret WS society?
JKJK...

Isn't it a room down in the parking lot? Can't remember what it stands for though. :)

I don't care if she doesn't get the DP. LWOP, or 60 years or something would be fine with me.

I don't care what penalty she gets either, as long as she never gets another moment of freedom in her life. My point is the DT is really stretching & grasping at straws. The ruling last week was for that case ONLY. Finnell's motion today for mistrial is ridiculous, as this crime most certainly is DP qualified. They're trying to delay and using any tactics necessary because they know she'll be found guilty. Just trying to delay the inevitable IMO.

Did CA come back in when she left, or did she have to wait for a recess, if you know?

Dosent she have a trial for the checks also? That can get her 60 years alone.
What about the IRS?

Somewhere there is posted an awesome chart of all her charges and their potential sentences. BeanE posted them on her twitter this morning and on sidebar. She can get a whole lot of years for everything, even if not convicted of 1st degree murder.

Jean C on HLN said Casey was all smiley this morning. Well HELLO, she had people fawning all over her all weekend - of course she's happy. What a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288