2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Soulmagent
Right, in Baez's awful defence the jury has the ability to see that she needs a new lawyer .IMO We all might be shocked.

Personaly I have high expectation of the burden of proof and for me the state didnt meet them.

We are a CSI society and LE reinforces that all the time. So while it is easier to locate evidence with the advanced tools they use now it also raises the expectation of actual evidence. IMO.

To me, if we have a high expectation in CSI-type evidence, then the higher it rises, the smarter the criminal becomes. Once women were just raped. Then when men started to go to jail they got "smart" and silenced their witness. Now that DNA can be the silent witness, the women are being raped, killed, then mutilated or otherwise disposed of so that there is no evidence. Shall we let these killers go just because they found a better way not to get caught?

Once children were just raped, then kidnapped and raped, then kidnapped, raped, and killed, and now kidnapped, raped, killed, and again mutilated so that the remains are not found and the criminal never brought to justice. This murdered gets to walk the same streets as my grandchildren because he/she has figured out the best way to not get caught?

Should Casey be freed just because it was her "good fortune" that Caylee's body was not found for six months and by then had skeletonized, making cause of death impossible to pinpoint? Should she be returned to society because she had the again "good fortune" to dump her sweet baby's body in a place known to flood - which washes away evidence? Time, temperature, and torrential rains is KC's golden ticket. The jury will hopefully see through the charade and leave that ticket uncashed.

The crimes you have mentioned above have been arround longer then the ability to isolate DNA or fingerprints even. I believe my post is being taken to be more concrete than I meant it.

Caylee is close." = C.L.O.S.E. = Check Lakes Or Supermarket Entrances.

Wnat exactly is with the six degrees to Casey Anthony?

Roy Kronks girlfriend works at the jail

River Cruz/ Name du jour's sister is an inmate in jail with her

Some protester gets called to jury duty

I'm sure the list goes on. It could be a thread of it's own.

Is Orlando actually that small?

Orlando has a 200,000 plus population.

We should have known about the A family when all the extended family on both sides stayed far away from this, even when they were saying she was kidnapped.

Close isn't an acronym for anything, people. Casey was a high school drop out with a very limited vocabulary and the only thing she had was the common ability to fool people she hasn't known very long into thinking she wasn't what she was. Hence no real life long friends. Caylee is close was the biggest and best "clue" she provided, as the location off of Suburban drive is CLOSE to the Anthony home.

I was thinking it would be east when I looked at the map, but I wasn't certain.

Just was talking to my son (16), who said, regarding Casey's conversation with Lee on jail video:

"Caylee is close." = C.L.O.S.E. = Caylee Located Off Suburban ___?
What could the E stand for?

I thought that was pretty clever and wanted to share.

Aqua
EAST maybe

We should have known about the A family when all the extended family on both sides stayed far away from this, even when they were saying she was kidnapped.

While I will give a pass to anyone who stays away from the media... Yup, what you said...

Just was talking to my son (16), who said, regarding Casey's conversation with Lee on jail video:

"Caylee is close." = C.L.O.S.E. = Caylee Located Off Suburban ___?
What could the E stand for?

I thought that was pretty clever and wanted to share.

Aqua

Just by coming up with that, I'd venture to say that your son is more intelligent that Casey... Can't see her being that clever. :)

Right, in Baez's awful defence the jury has the ability to see that she needs a new lawyer .IMO We all might be shocked.

Personaly I have high expectation of the burden of proof and for me the state didnt meet them.

We are a CSI society and LE reinforces that all the time. So while it is easier to locate evidence with the advanced tools they use now it also raises the expectation of actual evidence. IMO.
How do you explain the odor in her trunk and the partying for 31 days after Caylee disappeared/drowned/was kidnapped/was murdered?

Close isn't an acronym for anything, people. Casey was a high school drop out with a very limited vocabulary and the only thing she had was the common ability to fool people she hasn't known very long into thinking she wasn't what she was. Hence no real life long friends. Caylee is close was the biggest and best "clue" she provided, as the location off of Suburban drive is CLOSE to the Anthony home.

Her Son came up with an acronym on the fly, it sounds. Nothing to do with Casey other than it shows he is much more clever than her.

Her Son came up with an acronym on the fly, it sounds. Nothing to do with Casey other than it shows he is much more clever than her.

ahhhh gotcha, I missed that part. And yes her son is much more clever, that's for sure!!!

No the judge did not let it in due to the fact that conversation took place in 2006 and at this point it is hearsay.

He was kind of leaning towards what you wrote HOWEVER he has not made his final decision and asked both sides to look up any case law they wanted him to read and to email it to him tonight.

He does not want to allow it imo, but he also does not want it to come back and bite him on appeal.

The way I remember it, LE grilled her upside down to try to get her to admit they had had an affair, and she denied it 100%. Why would anyone believe her now? Oh that's right, cause she got PAID to admit they had an affair.:waitasec:

When this story first broke she/her sister were on websites claiming to have incriminating photos of her with GA - then her sister said RC was ill with seizures/brain tumor and couldn't answer any questions about her claims, then she was suicidal because of what people were saying about her....
then she just faded out.
She is no more believable than any of the other crime groupies who have inserted themselves in this case in order to get before a camera..

I really enjoyed watching Greta tonight and seeing her old panel of attorneys, Bernie Grimm and Ted Williams, and Ted is representing Roy Kronk ...WOW.

They all say thumbs down for the Defense. :great:

I thought Mr. Kronk's attorney was McClarin...or something like that...a caucasion man...:waitasec:

My apologies if this was asked and answered already. I missed a lot of the testimony and forums today.

Did anyone notice when Baez was questioning Cindy that he initially asks her about sending DCasey and Hoover to search the Suburban area and she says no. He then asks did she tell Melich on Dec 20 while they were executing a search warrant that she had sent her people there a month ago and no body was there. She says she doesn't remember much about any conversation she had with Melich that day other than being upset they were back at her home again searching.

Then after a few different questions he asks her again about the search on Suburban, only this time it is a bit different. He asks her "prior to September 2008 did you ever tell your son Lee Anthony that you had sent people to search the area over on Suburban Drive" she again says no that she had never sent any body there.

I'm curious as to why he asked about prior to September 2008. DCasey and Hoover were there in November. Was the psychic even involved with Cindy prior to September?

Then, of course, we see Lee get on the stand and he says this argument with Cindy over this situation happened in October and it sounded to me like he was mad about a search that had already taken place. Again, a month before D Casey and Hoover say they did the search.

What's up with all these dates being different?

ETA - They are also quite clever. Cindy is asked if she told Lee prior to Sept 2008 she says no. Lee then testifies they had their argument in October. So, legally is there a lie and perjured testimony? The devil is in the details. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK