2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by SoSueMe, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. housemouse

housemouse New Member

I watched it, and it looked to me as if his palms were sweating, and he was trying to dry them without wiping the sweat on his clothing, or something.

It really didn't look like what I think a handwashing motion is.. more of a swiping motion

2. fifteen89

fifteen89 New Member

I think it's:

Prosecution opening
    Defense opening
    Prosecution cic
    Defense cic
    Prosecution rebuttal
    Defense sur rebuttal
    Prosecution closing
    Defense closing
    Prosecution final closing
    Jury instructions
    Jury deliberation......verdict

Are we saying the same thing and I'm too slow today? ;)

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Verified Male

There's no way the jurors will have a press conference at the conclusion of this trial. At the Jason Young trial the judge actually kept the jurors under the rules of sequestration until they arrived at their home. He also advised the media not to follow them or try to contact them until they were released.
    He also advised the jurors to contact him directly if any media or others harrassed them.

I suspect we will see the same thing here.

4. MyTinkieGirl

MyTinkieGirl Well-Known Member

ITA!! And, it looked to me like he was PURPOSELY looking at the defense table while doing it....can't say exactly to "whom"....I'd like to believe it was KC.

5. Mystic

Mystic Active Member

ita they sure can

also I love that LBD said from my understanding that they have what I would refer to timed work product info (without client names). And I definately know that is possible since I've had to call IT for information from a previous time period for entries I made that were missing and they went in remotely and saw what occured at that time... that another co-worker was using the same document as me at the same time (including the number of times and in fact on different days).

so the SA can show regardless of the time card records if she was at work thru those time periods.

cool eh! :)

6. ami

ami New Member

I didn't follow the case before this, though I started watching after jury selection on day 1 of the trial itself. However I have been reading here and doing some external reading the jurors have not - so I'm not a good representation either...

Having said that, what was presented in court spoke more to her guilt than anything I read or saw that was not admitted as evidence. Especially yesterday's pet testimony, which tied all the pieces together for me.

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer New Member

Good morning everyone ...I overslept this a.m. and am trying to catch up. Saw this video clip last night and knowing everything we now know about Casey A. it is a little unnerving. Otherwise I would have thought such a cute little girl.
    Thanks for posting it.

8. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

Blegh. Reading about grief therapist. If every bond between a mother and a daughter was so strong, there wouldn't be any cases of mothers killings their daughters. Or throwing away their daughters like trash. Jury, give me a guilty verdict!

9. ami

ami New Member

Awww. HHJP"s father.

Attached Files:

10. Justin Tyme

Justin Tyme New Member

Okay, it's out of state. Perhaps someone in their department has been watching the case and just freak and thought that perhaps Gentiva might start searching all records in all zones. Seems it's nothing to do with Ca's job. Sounds isolated to NC.

11. fifteen89

fifteen89 New Member

I thought it looked more like he was dared to do something on camera and was [blank] enough to do it and got caught. I guess the bottom line is if you do something on camera, uh, it's gonna be caught on camera.

But the guy told JP his finger was directed at JA. Did he think that sounded better than saying it wasn't directed at anyone in particular?

12. Tennessean

Tennessean New Member

I served on a sequestered jury in a triple murder case. The case led to 3 death penalties plus 2 life sentences for the perpetrator. He was executed by lethal injection a couple of years ago after languishing on Tennessee's death row for well over 25 years..

I can tell you that, IMO, any sequestered jury would want to work 12 hours/day, 7 days/week.

13. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

Did Ryan really say,"... we see Casey Anthony sitting AT HER DESK..".

14. pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo New Member

I just want to go back in time and whisper to that little girl, don't kill your little girl.

15. Sleuths4Me

Sleuths4Me Well-Known Member

So I just re-watched wftv playing CA computer search testimony and really I think she told "mis-truths" because in the end what else does she have left to lose? (in her mind)

16. gmt

gmt New Member

Do you think KC would have stood a better chance if she had gone with a speedy trial?

17. LongtimeMedic

LongtimeMedic Former Member

Rushing a Capital Murder trial for the sake of the jury's convenience is not a tenet of the US System of Justice. To do so is flat out grounds for mistrial in my opinion. My wife sat on a Capital Murder trial for 4 weeks. When it began, they were told "You'll be here until we are finished... this is a serious matter." This is the type of stuff (IMOO) that is fodder for an overturn on appeal. jmoo

18. Justin Tyme

Justin Tyme New Member

I don't think that she was handed a get out of jail free card. I hope not. But who knows.

19. Turnadot

Turnadot New Member

When the grief expert was on the stand, I immediately thought of Susan Smith, who supposedly had a special, loving bond with her boys.

We all know what happened there.
    :(

20. Sandfordfan

Sandfordfan New Member

I'll trump that LG: Velcroed to computer and WESH on standby.(Keep checking to make sure there is nothing wrong with the volume).
    No shower and dog=3 minute am walk as opposed to usual 20. Dash to coffee pot downstairs in record sprint. And court isn't even in session!

Oh, and how's this for crazy? I'm going on a trip on Sunday and having Sirius installed to be able to listen to the trial. If Best Buy says they can't do it today, I'm going to jump across the counter and grab Geek Squad guy's throat and throttle him..either that or slip him a 20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.