2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible that JB wants some of the jurors to be lost. Every time they are out with this case there is a chance of improper juror misconduct.

Some people believe the alternates are more defense-oriented.

No one knows which jurors will be alternates - including the jurors. That's the way I understand it anyway.

HLN: One of the Jurors threw her head back when the Defense rested.

From WFTV - a sidebar transcript: So if I...if you want to proffer it, I'll let you proffer the testimony, but at....for purposes of the record. But at this time, the evidence doesn't even remotely (go to prove) your theory of defense.

Anyone else catch what was in the ( ) ??

Does he have something personal with JB? He is a lawyer, no? Normally other lawyers don't trash their colleagues in public no matter what their personal feelings are.

Just curious.

Wow if you think this is bad you otta read his blog. RH thinks Baez disrepects his profession, which he worked very hard at to be practicing - he's afraid all criminal defense lawyers will be tarred with the same brush as Baez.

Were people surprised when Scott Peterson got Death???
Yes and no.

IIRC, we were so apprehensive that the jury wouldn't get the circumstantial evidence. It was so clear to us. But, when the verdict came in, we all breathed a sigh of "well, sure, what else could they have done." I think much like now. We knew so much more than the jury. It was very scary.

Jurors tend to get angry with these delays. They tend to blame the defendant. Good.

I think think they thought if Cindy told a half lie...copping to only half of the searches...and being vague about when...that the prosecution would let it pass....

Elwrongo!

HHJP has bent over backwards to keep the Defense from tripping on their own land mines. If anything, he's provided cover to keep them from blowing themselves up.

Along with all of the on-the-job-training provided to DT.

We're told a court official will come into the media room and tell us when we will be back in court. public downstairs will be notified too

Tweet from cfnews

where is the ignore button... i've been looking everywhere!!!

Click on the username of the person you want to ignore. A drop down list appears. Click on View User Profile. Under the Avatar and Username click on User Lists. Click on Add to Ignore List. . . .

If there was a theme song (or lyrics) for this case what would it/they be? Should I ask this elsewhere? Is there discussion on this elsewhere?

Some of mine:
"...just my imagination, running away with me..." The Temptations
"...know when to walk away and know when to run..." Kenny Rogers

"Do you know the way to pwn Jose?..." Dionne Warwick

BS is going over a sidebar discussion transcript. Does anyone have a link/resource for these? TIA!

National Enquirer is supposed to do a story on ICA.
She is tellimg inmates she is pregnant thinking will save her from the DP! She is tying her shirt to show the jury her "pseudo" aby bunp!
I think that's why she got a mental health eval.

And just WHO was suppose to have gotten her pregnant???

Don't worry, folks. Judge Perry is a 1000 times more concerned about this than anyone else. His great concern is for this jury. This time around he will make these lawyers work all day, everyday till they finish. I trust Judge Perry.

from Broderick yesterday:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html

I already brought up the 2:01 time to watch when George is called to the stand and he mouths what appears a F you to Baez.

BUT, even more important.

As George walks away from the stand starting at 14:10

HE WASHES HIS HANDS IN MOTION TOWARDS CASEY!!!!

I think he has finally realized what the real truth is, and has accepted it. He is done with her.

OK I missed most of yesterday because I had to take my cousin to the movie.

So was the supposed "SOB" remark from ICA after GA did the whole washing of the hands movement????

I haven't even had time to watch the WFTV videos from yesterday. My computer was taken hostage by a 13 year old when we got home. :lol:

Since the beginning of this case RH has found JB to be an embarrassment to his profession ( don't we all?) and doesn't hesitate to say so.
In fact my favorite quote from this whole thing is from RH- "In my personal and professional opinion JB is a moron!"

OMG he is so hilarious when he really gets going!

:lol:

Great post.. And as I said previously that this expert is only there to rebut the DT expert Dr Spitz about opening the skull during exam. And there was nothing organic in the skull. Like Dr Spitz said he thought it was brain matter and the SA questioned if it could be dirt/mud from being in the conditions it was in.

A big Hello to you my neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member