2011.07.02- HLN News Shows Discussion - Casey Anthony Trial

PP has very little to offer - other than they appeared to be the All American Family - PP doesn't believe a thing about George at all. Doesn't know anything about ICA past the age of 9 or 10.

Commerical

If I thought that were true I would beg one of our Canadian posters for a green card marriage.

I'm sorry but ICA looks like a member of the Adam's family in that video.

Judge Jeanine on Fox is talking about the case now....for those who might be interested.

I think its pretty telling that CA's attorney just said she should retract to a different computer, etc. That was my first thought.

I also wonder why no one else jumped on the dogs getting tired and maybe ICA was testing them with chloroform. Would have loved to have someone ask it the dogs continued to get tired after ICA arrested. Of course no one would ask because they wouldn't know the answer ahead of time, but its still an interesting theory.

Lippman is trying too hard to make it seem like CA is innocent - after the fact. He knows that she lied, and the Judge knew that Cindy perjured herself during her testimony in the Defense case. I don't think that anyone was surprised when Mrs. Anthony's testimony was impeached during rebuttal. Lippman seems to be in panic mode now, hoping to convince Cindy to withdraw her testimony about having conducted he internet searches for chloroform. CA probably won't budge, and Lippman will probably be the next attorney to bite the dust while representing the Anthony family. jmo

Wow, hearing that snippet of JBs OS is freaky! He not only alleged that GA did all that stuff, he said the jury would hear specific testimony telling this stuff. There has been so much water under the bridge I remembered he alleged it but he actually promised it would be proven!

Are they all aware that purple was the color chosen to represent Caylee? I've seen it an awful lot, and being that its my favorite color and has come into fashion a lot more in the last two years....but its just a lot of men wearing purple covering this case!

Back

Lippman is on

NG: To Lippmman - CA is aware that she may be charged with perjury

Lippman: CA maintains she made those searches.

NG: Even the defense team could not find a search for bamboo. I don't want CA or GA to have anymore heartache - but those searches do not exist on the computer. I don't want to see CA charged with perjury.

Lippmna: If I could get my client to retract or say she was mistaken I would - but she maintains and is adamant that she made those searches.

commercial

That's the Anthony family policy. Tell a lie, tell it again, and tell it again. Never admit it's a lie. Just keep telling it until it becomes true. Is that what they believe? Seems to be.

I think its pretty telling that CA's attorney just said she should retract to a different computer, etc. That was my first thought.

I thought the thing was that the searches were made on the family computer that LE tested, they were made at times that Cindy was at work. Records from the computer and from work confirm that Cindy wasn't at home when searches were made, no matter how many computers she claims, or how many times she claims to have made the searches. She's not going to be able to show the searches on a different computer, I'd bet my boots on that.

She drives me nuts. MO

NG is rehabilitating herself in my eyes as we get closer. She seems more interested in justice and punishment now.

Remember Mark Lippman started as their foreclosure attorney

I also wonder why no one else jumped on the dogs getting tired and maybe ICA was testing them with chloroform. Would have loved to have someone ask it the dogs continued to get tired after ICA arrested.QUOTE]

Wonder if it was discovered by a Vet that they had been drugged, if then a DT would have put the dogs on a treadmill and had a panting rate eval. or something.

Really feel sorry for those little dogs.

Tracey M is now on Judge Pirro show- with LP and RD - describing the family dynamic during the time she was there.

That's the Anthony family policy. Tell a lie, tell it again, and tell it again. Never admit it's a lie. Just keep telling it until it becomes true. Is that what they believe? Seems to be.

You just don't understand. It isn't a lie, it's a mistruth. :

Lippman is trying too hard to make it seem like CA is innocent - after the fact. He knows that she lied, and the Judge knew that Cindy perjured herself during her testimony in the Defense case. I don't think that anyone was surprised when Mrs. Anthony's testimony was impeached during rebuttal. Lippman seems to be in panic mode now, hoping to convince Cindy to withdraw her testimony about having conducted he internet searches for chloroform. CA probably won't budge, and Lippman will probably be the next attorney to bite the dust while representing the Anthony family. jmo

If he values his reputation he will dump the A's before they drag him down with them.

One of the THs talked about JB letting go of the reins and letting CM do the closing? Anybody here think JB would even consider that?

If it does happen and we have four hours of CM, I just may confess to the crime to make it stop!

If he values his reputation he will dump the A's before they drag him down with them.

At this juncture, I'm not sure that George and/or Lee require further legal representation, but Cindy would do well to find herself a qualified criminal defense attorney. jmo

Looks like Lippman is trying to get her to retract so he knows she committed perjury. Not however quite sure how a retraction works and if it would be too late for that at this point. No surprise that CA is being stubborn. They would have grounds to charge her but I don't think they will. If it ends hung however I wouldn't count it out.

Okay folks - I'm taking one for the team and watching Geraldo. I need a shower afterwards, I've decided.

Anywho - there is a discussion going on about whether or not Baez will ignore the closing instruction order and include things that are not allowed (i.e. arguments about areas not presented as evidence during the trial - molestation, drowning, etc). There are 2 defense attorneys on the show and they are saying when you are defending a client up against the death penalty you are not worried about a contempt threat hanging over your head.

I have to wonder if either of these two have ever felt the wrath of HHJP's velvet hammer. He took the time to specifically issue these orders, which has surprised several attorneys (Nejame and Shaeffer are two so far that have spoken out about it). They say these are laws regarding closing statements that any attorney should know yet HHJP issues this order.

I suppose we are now expected to see Baez throw himself on the contempt sword tomorrow and I bet he is counting on HHJP withholding reprimanding him during open court so as to not penalize his client in front of the jury for his mistakes. At this point, particularly when it is closing arguments, I hope HHJP gives a warning ahead of time in open court, without jury present, and warns Baez that if the order is not followed, he will interrupt his closing argument and tell the jury that is not evidence and to disregard what Baez just said. One of the lawyers over in the lawyer thread said that the judge can do that in closing arguments, that they do not have to wait on the other side to object.

IMO

Okay folks - I'm taking one for the team and watching Geraldo. I need a shower afterwards, I've decided.

Anywho - there is a discussion going on about whether or not Baez will ignore the closing instruction order and include things that are not allowed (i.e. arguments about areas not presented as evidence during the trial - molestation, drowning, etc). There are 2 defense attorneys on the show and they are saying when you are defending a client up against the death penalty you are not worried about a contempt threat hanging over your head.

I have to wonder if either of these two have ever felt the wrath of HHJP's velvet hammer. He took the time to specifically issue these orders, which has surprised several attorneys (Nejame and Shaeffer are two so far that have spoken out about it). They say these are laws regarding closing statements that any attorney should know yet HHJP issues this order.

I suppose we are now expected to see Baez throw himself on the contempt sword tomorrow and I bet he is counting on HHJP withholding reprimanding him during open court so as to not penalize his client in front of the jury for his mistakes. At this point, particularly when it is closing arguments, I hope HHJP gives a warning ahead of time in open court, without jury present, and warns Baez that if the order is not followed, he will interrupt his closing argument and tell the jury that is not evidence and to disregard what Baez just said. One of the lawyers over in the lawyer thread said that the judge can do that in closing arguments, that they do not have to wait on the other side to object.

IMO

For some stupid reason, I decided to watch some of Geraldo tonight also. Wrong decision. I get so mad at him. He will do anything to help JB. It is SO OBVIOUS. I finally had to turn it off.

Thank you for your post. It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking your conclusions.

And isn't that exactly what Jose accused the SA of doing? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back