2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too Katydid 23, it's the same time tomorrow as it has been for me also, for almost two months.

I was thinking of going to bed as it is 11:00 my time which makes it 2:00am Eastern time, and I thought I would such take a peek and see how many of my beauties are still here.

And sure enough almost 400. I just had a friend call me at 10:00 to ask if she could drop over at 12:00 tomorrow to pick up a rug I have for her daughter, and stay for coffee and chat. I said, sure - let yourself in, I'll leave the door open, the rug is standing in a roll in the hall - I'll leave the coffee makings on the Kitchen counter, but you will have to wait until at least 3:00 pm for the chat. You are welcome to come over - just don''t talk to me!

She said "what"? Closing arguments tomorrow - I love you like a sister but no one and nothing is interrupting me on the last day - I've waited three years for this! And I meant it!

Only people I feel any amount of sorrow for is Caylee, George, and Lee. I hope Lee, and George have a good support system when this is all over. It is hard enough to lose a child, but having to deal with the loss of a daughter as well due to her murdering the child? I really do feel for George he needs all the support he can get.

Thank you for this Dignity - you are right - this is a terrible tragedy for this family and I cannot imagine the pain they must be in tonight.

I don't believe this family thinks ICA should go unpunished, but nonetheless, they must fear her fate.

And their fate. Well one tiny life has been destroyed, and four lives lay in ruins. I understand our wish for justice for Caylee, but I also hope my friends here will respect the pain this family must be feeling as they begin the day.

Me too Katydid 23, it's the same time it has been for me also, for almost two months.

I was thinking of going to be as it is 11:00 my time which makes it 2:00am Eastern time, and I thought I would such take a peek and see how many of my beauties are still here.

And sure enough almost 400. I just had a friend call me at 10:00 to ask if she could drop over at 12:00 tomorrow to pick up a rug I have for her daughter, and stay for coffee and chat. I said, sure - let yourself in, I'll leave the door open, the rug is standing in a roll in the hall - I'll leave the coffee makings on the Kitchen counter, but you will have to wait until at least 3:00 pm for the chat. You are welcome to come over - just don''t talk to me!

She said "what"? Closing arguments tomorrow - I love you like a sister but no one and nothing is interrupting me on the last day - I've waited three years for this! And I meant it!

LOL Same thing I said when my family and friends started in on me about watching it daily. My daughter was making fun tonight telling about it being on every tv in my house and how when it goes to comercials on tv I blast the computer.
I've been waiting for 3 years for this I'm not going to miss it. I told everyone tonight that if the verdict comes in on the 4th I'll be sitting in front of the tv and computer watching it.

Only people I feel any amount of sorrow for is Caylee, George, and Lee. I hope Lee, and George have a good support system when this is all over. It is hard enough to lose a child, but having to deal with the loss of a daughter as well due to her murdering the child? I really do feel for George he needs all the support he can get.

I can feel compassion for CA also. Her world has been destroyed beginning at day 31. And she was humiliated for lying in front of the world on Friday. And the justice system will decide if she will be punished further.

She has lost everything she loved. She lost her grand daughter illegally and she will lose her daughter legally. Her relationship with Lee will never be the same and in fact may never mend. She and George have found solace in each other but will it last? Who knows? I leave that to them to work out. But CA will be punished for the rest of her life. And for that much pain, I do have compassion for.

OT-But does anyone have a link to the collage of pics of Ted Bundy and Casey?I wanted to show it to a friend and can't find it,Very eerie.

It was considered inappropriate for WS and the poster was kind enough to remove them.

I can feel compassion for CA also. Her world has been destroyed beginning at day 31. And she was humiliated for lying in front of the world on Friday. And the justice system will decide if she will be punished further.

She has lost everything she loved. She lost her grand daughter illegally and she will lose her daughter legally. Her relationship with Lee will never be the same and in fact may never mend. She and George have found solace in each other but will it last? Who know? I leave that to them to work out. But CA will be punished for the rest of her life. And for that much pain, I do have compassion for.

What about her relationship with Lee? What did she do to Lee?

Do you realize we are in our final hours in the the final Sidebar thread???

Just now hitting me that we are almost at the finish line....

Thank you for this Dignity - you are right - this is a terrible tragedy for this family and I cannot imagine the pain they must be in tonight.

I don't believe this family thinks ICA should go unpunished, but nonetheless, they must fear her fate.

And their fate. Well one tiny life has been destroyed, and four lives lay in ruins. I understand our wish for justice for Caylee, but I also hope my friends here will respect the pain this family must be feeling as they begin the day.

I've made no secrets of how I feel about the Anthonys, all of them, but I'm still in shock that anyone would make mockery of all things, about the Anthonys "watching home videos" tonight.

That just goes beyond the pale and I truly hope that Tricia & her Mods intend to temper the "glee" at this family's demise when Casey's verdict is read.

We can dislike the Anthonys and still be mindful to retain our own self-dignity.

Or so I thought.

I keep looking at the clock counting down the hours, knowing I should get some sleep but am wide awake just waiting for time to go by.

If we are in this shape and anticipating with such nerves, imagine how the parties actually involved are feeling right now. That court room is going to be packed tomorrow, I bet.

I've been praying all day for the jurors to be able to handle what will placed in their hands tomorrow afternoon. I don't envy them at all.

Just got back home....has this been discussed yet?

Mark DeJame tweeted there is a universal mistake concerning ICA charges...
Count2 aggravated child abuse did not allege felony murder...
Only Count 1 is DP
All the other charges are1st degree felony max of 30 yrs
They're are no felony murder charges...

This cannot be happening!!!:banghead:

Not sure what Mark NeJames is talking about because if the victim of a capitol felony was less than 12 years of age, that offense is punishable by the death penaly. It is one of the seven aggravating factors.

The one we've talked the most about premeditated actually is listed as:

The capitol felony was a homicide and was committed in a cold, calculated and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification.

So first they find ICA guilty, and then move into the penalty and will discuss the seven aggravating factors the SA has charged. IMO, it takes only one factor and a simple majority to make a recommendation of either LWOP or the death penalty.

I keep looking at the clock counting down the hours, knowing I should get some sleep but am wide awake just waiting for time to go by.

If we are in this shape and anticipating with such nerves, imagine how the parties actually involved are feeling right now. That court room is going to be packed tomorrow, I bet.

I've been praying all day for the jurors to be able to handle what will placed in their hands tomorrow afternoon. I don't envy them at all.

Home stretch for the Verdict!

Probably another month for the Penalty or Sentence. We still have a mini-trial to go - the penalty phase.

No fat ladies are singing yet! Stay buckled up my friends.

Re: Diane Downs:

Farah Fawcett played the part of Diane Downs in Anne Rule's "Small Sacrifices". You can see the movie on You Tube free. :)

It's truly a chilling accounting of what a psychopath looks like.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2c2fAhYkqI&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Small Sacrifices Part 1 (1/14)‬‏[/ame]

Hey!!! Are you saying we aren't going to be having a Sidebar thread for the penalty phase?

C'mon - give me the telephone number for the complaints department. That going to take a good two weeks! Lots to discuss.
:pullhair: :phone:

Oops~! :(

I posted the link only~! I don't know why it embedded the thing. Sorry.

I saw Lippman on a show last week and he said that this molesting allegation and the comments that Baez said in his opening did not come from Casey. That Baez had come up with that all on his own.

The Talkshow Host said "whoa there now, that is a very serious allegation. What proof do you have of that?" (I'm trying to remember who it was. For some reason I'm thinking it was Greta or Judge Pirro )

Lippman then backtracked a bit and said well, the Anthony's believe it did not come from Casey.

That made me think right then that he can not say that if it did not come from Casey (or at least is not supposed to)

IMO

That is a very serious allegation (& stupid coming from an atty) cos every legal TH I've heard has said that the defense is absolutely NOT allowed to come up with a fabricated story on their own..Anything they put on must come from the CLIENT & only them.

When called on it I'm not surprised Lippman backtracked & put the blame on the As but he never should've gone there at all..CA (especially) is in enough trouble with perjury why look for any more?

What about her relationship with Lee? What did she do to Lee?

She expected him to lie on the stand and say she did not know or send Dom Casey to search the woods. Lee heard his parents discussing that she was going to lie because she did know.
Lee testified that she apparently did/know or send, and discussed the conversation.

I believe Lee was so angry he made an appointment with BAez just as the trial was starting, and ripped such a big strip off of him Baez didn't have the courage to suggest abuse to Lee when he was on the stand.

You will remember, CA testified last week she did not send/know Dom searched the woods. Lee was angry that she would lie on the stand and lied in the fall in 2008 when CA told him she was searching for a live Caylee when she obviously knew DomCasey was searching for a body. It was the betrayal - again.

OMG, I'm in HI which means I need to just stay up! It will be 3am here when the arguments start, I wonder how long they'll last? I don't want to miss it!

We've been told each side gets "4 hrs" total..I can see the state using that much time but the defense? No way!

OMG, I'm in HI which means I need to just stay up! It will be 3am here when the arguments start, I wonder how long they'll last? I don't want to miss it!

Me too! Alarm is set for 3. Usually I get up at 6am and they are on their lunch break!! Aloha SA! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member