2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Burden of Proof is on the State and not the Defense and that the Jury will be clearly instructed of this. However, if I was on the jury, I would personally feel that the Defense promised something in their opening (something HUGE) that they completely didn't deliver on. The Defense shot themselves in the foot with that opening, IMO. They thought they were going to have some sort of firework moment, but then couldn't follow up with it AT.ALL. All of their experts turned into State witnesses during Cross and the few who tried to lie for them were exposed very quickly during rebuttal. If I was on the jury, let's say I believed that Casey didn't kill her daughter- I would at least expect her to have a good excuse as to what happened...something that could be proven. I just would not be able to get past the whole 31 days of partying it up part. It will be interesting to see how the jury interprets this whole thing. There is SO MUCH they didn't get to see and that upsets me. IMO, EVERYTHING should be allowed to be introduced (her myspace posting, her mom's mypsace posting, the pictures she had on myspace and photobuck, the texts with Ricardo that showed her frustration at not having a babysitter for Caylee).

Good Morning my friends!

I have a question! While the jury is deliberating, will court remain open? Will Casey have to sit at the defense table through normal business hours and just wait for the verdict?

Half of this trial seems like a dream with all the shenanigans, and it's hard to separate what I already knew from was was actually testified to.

So that I don't have to wade through hours of testimony, can someone remind me if TL talked about ICA crying over the last video of Caylee from Fathers day, and the fact that she had woken up sweating from nightmares at his place?

TIA

I watched 20/20 last night about Diane Downs....OMG!! the mannerisms, and affect of Diane Downs and ICA were so shockingly similar, I was floored. The incessant talking bout herself, inappropriate laughter, discussing her children, devoid of any feelings for anyone but herself, even her demeanor in court was a mirror image to what I just witnessed, these last 39 days.

It's so difficult for those with "empathy" to judge someone who lacks it entirely, until you observe the striking similarities, which make up a Sociopath's behavior. They are truly "in their own world"....Very scary!

Darn! I'm sorry I missed that. I've read lots about DD and her case and I'm also struck by the similarities between her and ICA. Fascinating.

I can't wait for tommorow's closings! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. :great:

I watched 20/20 last night about Diane Downs....OMG!! the mannerisms, and affect of Diane Downs and ICA were so shockingly similar, I was floored. The incessant talking bout herself, inappropriate laughter, discussing her children, devoid of any feelings for anyone but herself, even her demeanor in court was a mirror image to what I just witnessed, these last 39 days.

It's so difficult for those with "empathy" to judge someone who lacks it entirely, until you observe the striking similarities, which make up a Sociopath's behavior. They are truly "in their own world"....Very scary!

I read Small Sacrifices early on in the case...and it has been incredible to me to see the similarities.

morning all!!! I can't believe we are finally at closing arguments. I won't be able to watch life tomorrow...bummer...

So why aren't we having closing arguments today? To allow them to prepare?

It would be nice but I think the timeline for final arguments and jury instructions rules out a verdict on Sunday, we have 4 hours for each team and then an hour for instructions that makes 9 and then allowing for lunch and rest breaks on top - we're looking at a very long day. I think the jury will sleep on it and then come back with a verdict late on Monday.

I agree. We do NOT want the jury to rush with their verdict, because that could look like they had their minds made up before they went in to deliberate, (which is possible but against the rules) and it could end up a mistrial. They are not supposed to make any quick decisions before going over the evidence.

Why are they not doing closing arguments today? Maybe the judge is giving both sides time to prepare them? Makes sense. I may mute the sound during Baez's argument. I'm sure it won't make any more sense than his opening statement did.

I woke up thinking about what else CA has been lying about. I got suckered into to the whole 'grieving grandmother wailing on the stand' thing and now I'm having doubts. Some of Lee's views of what happened and what didn't happened has been contradicted by Cindy's statements and after getting busted yesterday telling lies to LE to cover for ICA...well, the MAIN story I'm thinking about is the one where Cindy denies that there was an argument with ICA on the evening of the 15th. Lee told LE their was an argument. I'm not so sure anymore that CA and ICA spent a quiet evening watching video's and looking at pictures of CA's visit to Mount Dora on the computer.

Something's been bothering me, hope you guys can help. Did either the prosecution or the defense ask RK if there was any duct tape on the skull when he found it? I don't recall anybody asking him this, I may be wrong, but it's nagging at me.

He mentioned the duct tape on the stand. He was describing what he saw, I don't remember whether it was during direct or cross, but he definitely mentioned duct tape. It was most likely during the first time he took the stand.

what happened to the dang Home Depot videos?? these people make me crazy....will we EVER get to see what is on them???

I woke up thinking about what else CA has been lying about. I got suckered into to the whole 'grieving grandmother wailing on the stand' thing and now I'm having doubts. Some of Lee's views of what happened and what didn't happened has been contradicted by Cindy's statements and after getting busted yesterday telling lies to LE to cover for ICA...well, the MAIN story I'm thinking about is the one where Cindy denies that there was an argument with ICA on the evening of the 15th. Lee told LE their was an argument. I'm not so sure anymore that CA and ICA spent a quiet evening watching video's and looking at pictures of CA's visit to Mount Dora on the computer.
Unfortunately, we will never know some things, the 'fight' included. Too many layers of lies. Too many confused loyalties.

I strongly voiced the opinion that the fight never happened because I felt Cindy Anthony was being 100% truthful on the stand. Well, she cured me of that fantasy last week. Outside of the 911 call, there is no way of knowing which of her words are lies. Just have to go with gut feelings.

I now believe, 100%, that the fight DID happen & she lied under oath because she knew it spoke to motive, with the motive being revenge & spite.

Aside from the cold blooded defendant herself, Cindy Anthony has shown herself, to me, to be one of the strangest, sickest, sociopathic personalities I've ever observed in a court case. (which is a complete 180 from where I always was concerning her).

Half of this trial seems like a dream with all the shenanigans, and it's hard to separate what I already knew from was was actually testified to.

So that I don't have to wade through hours of testimony, can someone remind me if TL talked about ICA crying over the last video of Caylee from Fathers day, and the fact that she had woken up sweating from nightmares at his place?

TIA

No, he didn't. Pretty much all that came from TonE was gas can theft, hangin' at his house, beddin', KC's a great mother, and Cindy's arrival. mo

eta: They did question him outside of the jury's presence about George and KC's abuse claims, he said he understood that it was disciplinary.

Darn! I'm sorry I missed that. I've read lots about DD and her case and I'm also struck by the similarities between her and ICA. Fascinating.

I can't wait for tommorow's closings! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. :great:

I read Small Sacrifices early on in the case...and it has been incredible to me to see the similarities.

morning all!!! I can't believe we are finally at closing arguments. I won't be able to watch life tomorrow...bummer...

So why aren't we having closing arguments today? To allow them to prepare?

Seeing the archived footage of Diane Downs, in the 80's, chatting with the guards, while handcuffed, smiling, wide-eyed, being led to court, not a care in the world was chillingly the same as ICA. I felt as if I was watching the same person. The movie clips from Small Sacrifices, staring Farrah Fawcett, as DD, did not do justice to the real persona of DD. There is just something eerie, and soulless that emanates from these people.

Heh, I am glad this is open today. I didn't know what to do with myself this morning....lol

Since I don't know where to put this - how about here?!?

Do we know how the 5 year old birthday party video was obtained and who if anyone made money off it? The timing is such that nobody will be asked how much they were paid for the licensed video, eh???

Another question!

The noon time conference call won't be live, right?

While we wait for tomorrow's closing arguments, I thought I would post this link, to the Judge's Order of Restrictions to Closing Arguments. My biggest HOPE, and if allowed, is there is a Giant size photo of Caylee, facing the jury, while the State speaks. I think she has been lost in the myriad of details, presented in court.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28422064/detail.html

Good Morning everyone. It sure felt good to sleep in. I am almost wishing we did not have places to go this weekend with opening statements starting. I will have to get to a TV or computer wherever I am. I know it's rude but I can't help it at this poing. Happy Weekend Everyone. Peace

Based on the short length of the State's rebuttal, I have to think they had the jury in mind. They jettisoned everything they felt the could and concentrated on the most important points.

They had said (outside the jury's hearing) that they were going to present Casey's IM history for the 16th, but they probably believed that it would be redundant once they impeached Cindy Anthony and showed she lied about her computer usage.

The State put on a strong case and you can bet they will put on a strong, fact-based closing argument. The defense will be left to use all the smoke and mirrors they want. By this time, I think the jurors will recognize what they are up to.

I have been trying to find the Lee call or visit where he says something about is this like last time, I have listened to a lot of stuff. Interestingly Lee's police interview (youtube) was informative to listen to again. I forgot KC did not go to mom's birthday party on June 5, 2008 and that was the last time Lee saw Caylee. He was trying to be very helpful. As far as the is this like last time, I have not found it, but I did not recall it being a jail visit. I thought it was something he reported to some legal figure, LE or attorneys. Still no luck. On his depo about ZFG, I have never listened to that so I know it is not there.

Anyone find the "is this like last time" thing yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk