2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question....hell I have 100 questions..who am I kiddin'.

If the jury decides on a verdict let's say at 8pm...does the court wait until the next morning for the verdict to be read or will we hear it that same night?

Seeing the archived footage of Diane Downs, in the 80's, chatting with the guards, while handcuffed, smiling, wide-eyed, being led to court, not a care in the world was chillingly the same as ICA. I felt as if I was watching the same person. The movie clips from Small Sacrifices, staring Farrah Fawcett, as DD, did not do justice to the real persona of DD. There is just something eerie, and soulless that emanates from these people.

I remember her...They played "Hungry Like a Wolf" (Duran Duran) in court and she was singing along with it...Diane does remind me of ICA.

I watched 20/20 last night about Diane Downs....OMG!! the mannerisms, and affect of Diane Downs and ICA were so shockingly similar, I was floored. The incessant talking bout herself, inappropriate laughter, discussing her children, devoid of any feelings for anyone but herself, even her demeanor in court was a mirror image to what I just witnessed, these last 39 days.

It's so difficult for those with "empathy" to judge someone who lacks it entirely, until you observe the striking similarities, which make up a Sociopath's behavior. They are truly "in their own world"....Very scary!

RespectfullyQuoted reeseeva :tyou:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsV1u25eXR4"]YouTube - ‪RAW VIDEO: Diane Downs testifies at parole hearing‬‏[/ame]

:wave: Everyone. I have been reading everyone's comments this morning. Thanks for keeping me company while we wait for closing arguments. :) I also would have liked to catch this 20/20. TV holds little I care to watch and so I usually miss when there is something worthwhile... :sigh:

I have seen a few videos of her and I have seen the movie, small sacrifices. Horrible. Good movie, horrible what Diane did. I did find this video that I had not seen of her before. This makes me think that my belief ICA will never change is correct.

I enjoyed the comments for this video also(YouTube). "verbal vomit" :yes:

:cow:

I thought LBD said they wanted to split it up and JB objected? HHJP said he had no issue with the state splitting it up but only one could do the rebuttal.

I hope we get to see Jeff Ashton in closing again. I have only grown to appreciate him more and more throughout the trial. Someone posted this YT video last night, reposting for any who may have missed it. It's great, but I have a feeling it may need to be updated after the closing if he gives it, and of course to include a clip of him slapping that HUGE photo down right in front of Casey yesterday - that may just be one of my favorite moments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAzFWFS_PI&feature=youtu.be

I'm guessing that Baez will try at least one more stall tactic before it's over, object to statements in the Prosecution's closing statement to break up the presentation and totally ignore JP directions in his closing statement.

Good morning everyone

I am kinda glad for the break today, get some things done and rest up for the huge day tomorrow, and glad Linda and Jeff have the time to get their closing down to perfection.

In my opinion if the jurors believe there was a dead child in Casey's car everything else is out the window, and I do believe they have been convinced. Also why are the heads not talking about, or trying to figure out what George did with the body, and HTH did Kronk get it. In my mind that is a huge leap there are no reasonable answers to.. but NO, they chose to give all their air time to KH until Cindy and her lies stole the spotlight from her.

I am hoping for 1st degree but my guess is aggravated manslaughter of a child.
Anyone else want to take a shot at guessing?

BBM

Both charges are death penalty charges
To finish the sentences - it is aggravated manslaughter of a child under the age of 12.

I missed bits of this trial.

Did they (either side) EVER mention the argument/fight bw ICA and Cindy on or about that June 15/16?

tia

Monday is a USA holiday, the Jurors may want to be with family.....finally. A verdict maybe reached as soon as Sunday night. (in my imaginary world).

I agree- but somewhere along the lines I asked a question about being sequestered during the penalty phase - if they are still sequestered for that part, I don't think it'll matter that it's the 4th. I think it'll be a longer deliberation if they are still sequestered during sentencing.

I really need this day to rest my mind - but came on to the site to ask if anyone knows if the closing arguments will definitely be completed on Sunday? By both the SA and the DT?

I had read Small Sacrifices (Ann Rule) and so was interested to see Diane's daughter on Oprah last year. She's a lovely young woman.
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/The-Daughter-of-Diane-Downs

Just read the article. I did not know that the surviving children were adopted by the prosecutor and his wife! That just brings home to me how much these state prosecutors go through emotionally. They are true heroes.

If the jury decides on a verdict let's say at 8pm...does the court wait until the next morning for the verdict to be read or will we hear it that same night?

The Orange Co. courthouse just had a huge verdict on a UCF football player's death, the verdict came in at 10:30pm and all the stations were reporting it as it was known. There was no delay.

Not sure what this is, but it's adorable and apparently edible. Let's all just imagine that it is also vegan and both calorie and gluten-free.

tumblr_lihfg0T7wi1qa7a0to1_400.jpg

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihfg0T7wi1qa7a0to1_400.jpg

I imagine that about everything I eat...waaaaiiit, do you think that could be why I gained 20 lb in grad school?!

He did talk about the sweaty dreams but I don't remember him talking about the Father's Day video at all.

Half of this trial seems like a dream with all the shenanigans, and it's hard to separate what I already knew from was was actually testified to.

So that I don't have to wade through hours of testimony, can someone remind me if TL talked about ICA crying over the last video of Caylee from Fathers day, and the fact that she had woken up sweating from nightmares at his place?

TIA

RespectfullyQuoted reeseeva :tyou:

YouTube - ‪RAW VIDEO: Diane Downs testifies at parole hearing‬‏

:wave: Everyone. I have been reading everyone's comments this morning. Thanks for keeping me company while we wait for closing arguments. :) I also would have liked to catch this 20/20. TV holds little I care to watch and so I usually miss when there is something worthwhile... :sigh:

I have seen a few videos of her and I have seen the movie, small sacrifices. Horrible. Good movie, horrible what Diane did. I did find this video that I had not seen of her before. This makes me think that my belief ICA will never change is correct.

I enjoyed the comments for this video also(YouTube). "verbal vomit" :yes:

:cow:

Did you like how Diane's attorney used the jPad prototype? ;)

And Diane Downs escaped from prison. :shocked2: I remember that now being reminded watching another video-that I heard that but hearing it now makes me think of how crazy it would be if Casey was convicted and then we heard she escaped!

:twocents:

They will read the verdict as soon as HHJP and all the laywers,
family and press can get there.

I really need this day to rest my mind - but came on to the site to ask if anyone knows if the closing arguments will definitely be completed on Sunday? By both the SA and the DT?

If Jose has anything to do with it they won't be finished on Sunday:crazy:

They will read the verdict as soon as HHJP and all the laywers,
family and press can get there.

Someone is going to have to call me if it's late at night then!Lord have mercy,I can't miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998