2011.07.03 Defense (CM) Closing Arguments #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like that uncle at family get-togethers who keeps talking and talking at the dinner table as the rest of us are eating and nodding.

I too, am afraid GA might try and succeed to try to commit suicide again once this trial is over. How can he possibly deal with what has been done to him by his daughter and her DT? I know I couldn't. I have to be put away for a long, long, time.

So if that happens, does that mean everyone would blame JB like they blamed NG for the Duckett suicide?

Seriously, I hope that George is just hearing blah, blah, blah when these guys are speaking and that he is not even really interpreting--or internalizing--their goofy comments.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
What a role reversal, for once it's Baez thinking "Mason, shut the f*ck up already!"
3 minutes ago

So JB throws down LE. Now Cm saying 7 out of 10 didn't smell decomp. plezzzz get him out of here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbZiF-8npMU&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Meat Loaf - Life Is A Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)‬‏[/ame]

Let's all sing together!

BBM

:waiting:

Don't come in here insulting our intelligence. :nono:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I am soooooooooooooo sorry! Of course aliens wouldn't want Baez! What was I thinking?

He needs to do something exciting or make Casey cry - she needs to change her expression.

I might be wrong here, and really I probably am, but I remember reading that they did have her evaluated but decided not to present the findings in court because they didn't want the state to be able to have state psychiatrists evaluate her and the state to present that in rebuttal.

They added two to the defense witness list at last moment, but then amended it and dropped one completely, but kept the other for mitigation phase only because Ashton was going to depose them...

But as soon as defense dropped them, the prosecution added them to THEIR witness list!

Baez Said Mason was just going to go over Jury Instructions. Mason is doing the closing argument all over again. The Defenses time should be up!

IMO If Cheney was just going to get up and repeat the same arguments that Baez gave, he should not have done so. If I were on the jury, I'd be getting mad at having to hear the same thing again that I just heard. Please move on or move over.

She had a babysitter??? Shut up, CM.

He seems to be telling the jury a lot of fiction.

I like it better when closing arguments are restricted to 2 hours and the judge then tells the jury that nothing said in closing arguments is evidence, so they should refer to their trial notes to deliberate.

I have to agree that CM is doing a masterfull job of regurgitating what any good Def. Attny would do ( given he has no other option)///However, He does not bother to bring to light the mear fact that Kc's little 2 and half year old daughter was missing and kidnapped..humm but..what else can he do..He is only doing what he can given the FACTS:crazy:

Nor does he bother to point out that most of the loving care, support, etc that was done for Caylee was done by her grandmother. Casey lived in their home, rent-free. They paid for the groceries and other expenses, and bought clothing and furnishings too. Casey didn't even have a job. What could she have possibly contributed other than what she stole from family and friends?

I know lots of people will disagree but CM is really doing a good job. Maybe it's just because I am comparing him to the earlier hyper yelling Baez.

Mason is scary good at speaking to people at a commonsense level and making it sound reasonable. He's also easier to listen to. He doesn't lose my attention like Mr. Baez does.

@stevehelling
Steve Helling Juror 11: arms folded, rocking in his chair, looking unimpressed.

I wish someone would loudly cut the cheese right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow