2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally voted 3 days, but for some reason I think it will be tonight. Maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I voted 2 days......today discuss.....tonight sleep on it....then come in tomorrow and put the finishing touches on the verdict.

I hope its before Friday morning (6:30 am PST) because I'm leaving on a cruise on Friday.. and the shuttle is picking us up at 7:15 am..

WFTV is reporting that HHJP said they would stop for the day at 6:00 p.m. Eastern.

I'm nervous. I doubt it will be tonight but how long have they been deliberating today?

Apparently, ICA is being kept in a cell in the basement of the courthouse but will be transported to and from jail each evening and morning.

I think the jurors know how they feel. Unless there is someone who is holding out, I think we will have a verdict tonight.

I believe this jury is tired and wants to go home ASAP. The woman who is supposed to leave on a cruise in 2 days , without a doubt, has made her decision and wants to this to be over with NOW. She probably feels she deserves the cruise after this six week sequestration. She's got to shop and pack and probably get her hair, nails and toes done.

Although I would vote for 1st degree murder, I think the verdict will be felony murder - Caylee died during aggravated child abuse via the use of chloroform or duct tape.

After the jury returns with their verdict, then do they decide if she gets life or death or does the judge impose the sentence based on their verdict?

Judge Perry has the final say on Casey's fate.

I'm nervous. I doubt it will be tonight but how long have they been deliberating today?

Just a couple of hours since a little after lunch-ish. They have had to get all the evidence brought over - eat some lunch - pick a foreman. I suspect they're just now getting the "machine" put together - but at least they get to talk to each other about it now.

With so many counts and so many lesser includeds, it's going to be an administrative chore don't you think? It's going to take a while just to dot the i's and cross the t's

But Gitana - you would certainly be far better informed about this than I!

3 hours, 20 minutes, and 32 seconds as I write this :crazy: HLN has a perpetual count down clock up!

I think an alternate will join the jury before it's done.

You know, I am actually somewhat surprised that that hasn't happened already considering how grueling these 6 weeks have been

And I agree with you

i voted two days, with the verdict coming in the afternoon of the 2nd day. reasons...because the oj jury took only 2 hours, the scott peterson jury took 12 hours, the jury has been sequestered for 6 weeks, the defense presented a poor case, and one juror is slated to go on a cruise on the july 7th...lol sorry my shift and return keys aren't working on my keyboard for some reason. ugh

I am starting to think that we are going to have to wait until tomorrow pm.

It takes a lot of effort to go over all that evidence, deliberate and decide a verdict.

Kathi B saying on wftv that at 6pm HHJP will ask the jury at 6pm what they want to do (ie, go back to hotel, continue working, etc)

If no verdict by today, them i'm expecting at least before lunch tomorrow.

Kathi B saying on wftv that at 6pm HHJP will ask the jury at 6pm what they want to do (ie, go back to hotel, continue working, etc)

Yep, I just read about it. I took that to mean that if they stay after 6pm maybe a verdict today? I pray anyway..
I also read that if the other 5 jurors are brought back to the court house that means that Casey will given the DP verdict.. read that earlier..

Casey Anthony trial: Jury will not deliberate past 6 p.m. today, unless they are close to a verdict
Now, we wait

"Snip" By Anthony Colarossi and Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel

2:22 p.m. EDT, July 4, 2011

Jury deliberations are now underway in the first-degree murder trial of Casey Anthony.

Jury will not deliberate past 6 p.m. today, unless they are close to a verdict, according to a court official.

Article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2576629.story

Just a couple of hours since a little after lunch-ish. They have had to get all the evidence brought over - eat some lunch - pick a foreman. I suspect they're just now getting the "machine" put together - but at least they get to talk to each other about it now.

With so many counts and so many lesser includeds, it's going to be an administrative chore don't you think? It's going to take a while just to dot the i's and cross the t's

But Gitana - you would certainly be far better informed about this than I!

Thank you everyone for answering me!

Hey MommyDog, I don't do jury trials so I'm not that informed. My partner does, however, and I have sat in at certain points of his trials now and then.

But yes, I do think it will be a huge chore for the jury. I think they started talking the moment they got behind closed doors. They have been chomping at the bit to talk with someone about everything they have heard these last several weeks. Can you imagine not being able to talk with anyone about all this intense evidence for weeks on end? It would drive me nuts.

Nevertheless, they are going to go through those jury instructions piece by piece to see where they all fit.

I'm so nervous. It's hard to wait. I have been praying for days that it won't be hung or a lesser included. I absolutely do NOT see acquittal. I am praying hard for 1st degree.

Thank you everyone for answering me!

Hey MommyDog, I don't do jury trials so I'm not that informed. My partner does, however, and I have sat in at certain points of his trials now and then.

But yes, I do think it will be a huge chore for the jury. I think they started talking the moment they got behind closed doors. They have been chomping at the bit to talk with someone about everything they have heard these last several weeks. Can you imagine not being able to talk with anyone about all this intense evidence for weeks on end? It would drive me nuts.

Nevertheless, they are going to go through those jury instructions piece by piece to see where they all fit.

I'm so nervous. It's hard to wait. I have been praying for days that it won't be hung or a lesser included. I absolutely do NOT see acquittal. I am praying hard for 1st degree.

Neither do I. I'm hoping for 1st degree as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni