2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ega5xs-1.jpg

What the heck is he doing??:floorlaugh: It looks like he's trying to imitate Al Pacino in scare face.

I was thinking James Bond ... :)

I think JB is a ham. I dont think it was in good taste to throw the guns. Thats unprofessional, but just cause he's had money problems doesnt make him a bad guy. he should be a responsible adult yes. However, he isnt that experienced as Ashton and he did make mistakes, but I dont begrudge him at all in his no holds barred, scorched earth tactics. There is nothing legally unethical about what he has done. He takes cues from his client. Casey destroyed her family and not JB. Thats all I'm saying. Every law student knows that you have to put aside your emotions or what you feel about your client and work FOR them. So if you cant throw people under the bus then dont be a defense attorney. It's not for the faint of heart. You will defend murders, abusers, and criminals. Thats the path they have chosen. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. It's how our system is. I cant believe I am defending JB, but I'm all about fairness and I admire attorneys. I use to want to be one.

As for JVM's olympic sprint towards the DT yesterday, that was priceless! I watch that video at least 3 times a day. Me and my DH laughed so hard. She looked like a fool.

BBM. I feel his outright ignoring Court Order is unethical. imo

As for JBM's video, can you point me in the direction to watch it? TIA

My husband thinks she does not deserve the death penalty. He thinks this whole case was manipulated and evidence pointing to anyone else was either ignored or destroyed. He thinks George was involved and that he wanted Casey to go down for it from the beginning. He also thinks the whole thing with Kronk is suspicious and that LE didn't handle it right from the beginning. When we have talked about it and I have pointed out things regarding his theory that didn't make sense, he says if it's this confusing for us, how do I think a jury is going to figure it out? I'm not sure if he thinks Casey is completely innocent, but I do think he believes she didn't intend for Caylee to die, that she drugged her and came back to find her dead and then panicked.
I feel your pain, it's really hard to believe in the facts when someone you are close to feels the opposite and argues with you. I can only imagine what it's like for the jury in that deliberation room. I've been on a jury before... on a minor case... but still, it gets tense when a group of people start out disagreeing and each side is trying so hard to bring the other side over to their way of thinking.
I pray that this will not end up a hung jury.
IMO just doing that to irritate you. The facts are still the facts and the jury will take their job seriously. Solution: Shopping therapy is needed here. Go out and spend some big money! (Can you say "community property?" LOL!)

The only thing that will keep me going is a picture of your mom swatting JB. Can you talk her into it?
right now she's outside sunbathing, and i have a some quiet time, i'll see if i can catch a shot later on. :floorlaugh:

Quite right!!
Enough JB - time for some Yuri eye-candy to refresh your eyes!!:innocent:

I've never seen that pic before. wow how does any one person get to be so cool? *simultaneously jealous and adoring*

This is supposed to be about Caylee. I find nothing amusing about it.

I understand your point of view, but I think that its how people cope with their feelings.

I'm truly sorry for doing that kinda thing, I truly do not think that people do stuff like that because they don't care about Caylee. People have different ways of dealing with things, ya know what I mean?

It is not at all "ugly coping". I think that ICA, Ronald C. and Misty C. are the champions of ugly coping! :crazy:

ega5xs-1.jpg

What the heck is he doing??:floorlaugh: It looks like he's trying to imitate Al Pacino in scare face.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5-VN3SH1o"]YouTube - ‪Razzle Dazzle Chicago Movie‬‏[/ame]

She got life. She is housed in my little small town. Susan teaches reading to other inmates. Nurse I work with also works at her correctional facility and says she is really nice. :loser:[/QUOT

till they 'murder' their children and then are are where they need to be and real life is outside and they play by the rules in the prison. :waitasec:

I wonder if Bill S. is saying no DP from the judge because of the new/recent ruling, that the judge won't want to risk the case by putting it out there...

THAT.....is actually a very good question. Wonder if any of the attorneys on here can answer that????

I truly believe that if the Jury comes out with Not Guilty or a very lesser charge than Murder 1, they will regret it BIG TIME afterwards. They just were not privy to soo much information. I know Scott Peterson was convicted on circumstantial evidence, but the jury was not sequestered, so they KNEW how much the world wanted him to be convicted and I truly believe that can play a role into a verdict. I'm a little nervous right now...
I believe SP's jury WAS sequestered. Please correct me. Anyone?

I remember them being protected and the bus bringing them to the courthouse could not pass by the boat that Geragos hauled in as a slap to Laci's family. I remember that they ate together and the location was kept secret.

Waiting for a correction. Thank you

Don't be nervous. Scott Peterson got the death penalty with no murder weapon, witnesses, or cause of death. Read this article; it might ease your mind a bit about how juries come to decisions in circumstantial cases like the murder of Caylee Anthony.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-12-13-peterson_x.htm

I just posted this a little ways up, but SP jurors were not sequestered. They knew a lot more than just what was presented in court and they knew how much the world felt he was guilty. One juror said people would come up to him in the street and yell that Scott was guilty and to make him fry. That plays a role in it all, IMO. I really am nervous because this jury doesn't know half of what we know.

I believe SP's jury WAS sequestered. Please correct me. Anyone?

I remember them being protected and the bus bringing them to the courthouse could not pass by the boat that Geragos hauled in as a slap to Laci's family. I remember that they ate together and the location was kept secret.

Waiting for a correction. Thank you

http://www.modbee.com/2004/02/27/126755/jury-wont-be-sequestered.html

Did anyone watch GMA this morning? Each morning they speak with Dan Abrams and Nancy Grace. NG said this morning that both ICA and DS broke down crying during LDB's closing yesterday. Did anyone hear anything else about this?

I did not see GMA but I am curious what Dan Abrams take on this case was if you'd like to share. TIA

Can someone clear up the nurse comment? I am curious... there are many rumors here, what's wrong with another one?

I think JB is a ham. I dont think it was in good taste to throw the guns. Thats unprofessional, but just cause he's had money problems doesnt make him a bad guy. he should be a responsible adult yes. However, he isnt that experienced as Ashton and he did make mistakes, but I dont begrudge him at all in his no holds barred, scorched earth tactics. There is nothing legally unethical about what he has done. He takes cues from his client. Casey destroyed her family and not JB. Thats all I'm saying. Every law student knows that you have to put aside your emotions or what you feel about your client and work FOR them. So if you cant throw people under the bus then dont be a defense attorney. It's not for the faint of heart. You will defend murders, abusers, and criminals. Thats the path they have chosen. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. It's how our system is. I cant believe I am defending JB, but I'm all about fairness and I admire attorneys. I use to want to be one.

As for JVM's olympic sprint towards the DT yesterday, that was priceless! I watch that video at least 3 times a day. Me and my DH laughed so hard. She looked like a fool.

When I read your post I thought about how ICA is the same way. She didn't want to deal with adult responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle