2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Baden woman is on HLN now, muted, blah, blah, blah...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: "that Baden woman" ....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thanks for the laugh ... I needed it ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A dark haired lady is in the media room...looks like she is giving them instructions on how to question the jury members...when they come there.

Perhaps, we will see a live feed and a jury decision soon!

I can see that something is happening on WFTV in the jury press room, but no dang sound on WFTV, and if I refresh, I will get a carpload of commercials...anyone know what is going on?

No good deeds by ICA that I can remember. She also has a criminal record, which will come in. On the other hand, JB can bring in the sex abuse as a major mitigating factor (see Susan Smith case), ICA's youth, no prior child abuse or violence, etc. The penalty phase (if there is one) is going to get very ugly, IMO.

BBM - how can they bring that in, w/o any evidence there ever WAS any? Anybody in the world could claim that, as they stood to be sentenced, if there doesn't have to be any testimony or evidence even suggesting it... :waitasec:

If this was high noon - Baez would lose that draw...we've seen time and time again how quick he is thinking on his feet...Hahaha - next pic - JB laying on the carpet....That's about how appropriate that gesture is for the camera.

Ya ya Jose, we know this case is about you and not your defendant...:banghead:

:floorlaugh: Good point, LG. He'd be more like "Fast-gun Fife" than "Josie Wales.'

What is the woman saying? Did WFTV lose sound?

Nursbeeme - did you catch the instruction regarding time

20 minutes for ??? and then 30 minutes warning for verdict

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGy_7wsTKT4"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Blames Father‬‏[/ame]
This is a lipreaders opinion of what KC is saying during LDB's closing statements!

On WFTV they were just showing some lady instructing the media about something in the jury verdict room..Now they have sound.

Not a sociopath at all. You just have to be objective. I spent 2 years in law school and wanted to be a defense attorney, but corp law. I dont see anything amoral about that they do. I find it interesting that they can seperate the emotional from the rational. There use to be a Defense lawyer on websleuths and he explained that he believes in the system and the law to the utmost. I admire that. Plus im extremely competitive and not emotional compared to most women I know. I like to analyze and see things from every angle. I try to be objective.

What if the so called victim accusing your client of rape is a liar. It happened with the Duke case. The defense team brought up everthing they could about the so called victims to discredit them as con artist and liars. So you see it works both ways. Not all defendants are guilty and not all victims are innocent. In this case Casey is guitly as sin BTW!

There are always people out there that do the hard jobs. It's easy to be the hero. I use to work in bank forclosures. People would ask, How can you kick people out of their houses. Oh well, it's my job. Nothing personal. Someone has to do it.

I agree that defense lawyers are a special breed. Somebody's got to do it. Kind of like nursing assistant, morticians, etc. Not the most glamorous of jobs, but somebody's got to do it. I couldn't and I admit that. I've heard many defense lawyers say that it doesn't matter if their client is guilty or innocent, they are there to uphold the justice system and the client's rights. I'm glad somebody is doing that. I just could not. I also couldn't be a nurse or a mortician. It has nothing to do with morals, I just couldn't separate my emotions from my job.:fence:

it must have to been such a big relief yesterday for the jurors to finally be able to talk abt what they had heard and seen during the trial. I just can't imagine what it must have been like to be alone with their thoughts for such a long time.

I know! In my head I pictured the first ten minutes just everyone talking and blurting out what they had been holding in for so long. All 12 jurors talking at the same time, each a mile a minute and saying "Can you believe that? Oh, I know and can you believe THAT?"

A dark haired lady is in the media room...looks like she is giving them instructions on how to question the jury members...when they come there.

Perhaps, we will see a live feed and a jury decision soon!

What she said was they would have 20 minute warning if jury has questions and 30 minutes if they have verdict...

Does anyone have the HLN news link? Mine does not work for some reason. The one that has NG vinnie whats his name and so on? Please please? I'm at work and going through withdrawls.

And therein lies a huge problem in our system. Just from observing this case one can easily see that there are a few "sacred cows" in the legal system that are probably overdue for re-examination by the states legislatures and governors.

1. The civil immunity granted to lawyers for things they say in court is currently extended far to broadly to the now almost constant detriment of normal everyday citizens. The lawyers now seem to be completely immune from repercussions regarding anything they say about anyone anywhere. Hence the new word in use "kronked". This really does need to be tightened up, or at the very least some bar regulations need to be actively and aggressively enforced. That immunity is a privelege granted to attorneys by the citizenry. If they cannot play nice with it, it should go away.

(Respectfully snipped.)

just my 2c.
How many really good lawyers would risk taking a job as a prosecutor when they could make so much more in private practice if in the process of discharging their prosecutorial duties they were going to get sued for every case. Without that immunity, multiple lawsuits at the end of the prosecution of crimes would be inevitable. Local governments would have to pay the bill for defense, but verdicts might be against the prosecutor personally. They won't risk their family livelihoods for public service. A change in the law here could really bankrupt local governments and then other services would go away like road maintenance, garbage collection, zoning and haz mat enforcement and the social services for the protection of children, vulnerable elderly persons and the developmentally disabled.
Similar observations can be made for defense attorneys. They may shy away from presenting a vigorous defense if they could be vulnerable to lawsuit by the witnesses. I think the law is where it should be on this issue and hope it stays there.

ITA - ridiculous. But not to bash the OP. I think Cindy could have meant "we are alike in that we had irregular periods, etc., cramping, bloating" Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree with you completely, and I seriously doubt that a nurse or counselor juror would have taken CAs testimony any other way than you did.

i dont think CA will be found innocent, but then again I dont put anything past people anymore. I've heard people at work say they doubt she did it, but then again they dont have the info the Jury has. However, I have no faith in people to do what is right. It might be a hung jury for all we know.

Txanmom: You think its a lacefront? I wonder why? She has a good head of hair. At least thats what I thought??? I just think its a dye job, but I like her hair! Its a bit too light for my taste, but I have red in my hair so I cannot judge.

It stood out to me immediately when I saw her on TV when I started watching all of this. I have not really watched her before the trial. A little bit 3 years ago when all this broke. I am sure I could be wrong, but after having my hands and eyes on peoples hair for so long, I can usually spot a weave, wig, or lacefront at 20 paces, LOL!! Also, lots of people like to weave highlights as opposed to coloring their own hair because they like to change things up often. I dunno, her hair density just doesn't seem to fit her face structure right to me? BTW, I think the color is very pretty and I love red hair. It looks terrible on me, but it does suit her and I bet yours is very pretty.

carry on everyone!!

hugs and good vibes to all of us here who have spent so much time honoring our little angel Caylee...may we all have a productive day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23