2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on why Lee separated from CA and GA and obtained his own lawyer at the close of the trial?

The family lawyer said yesterday that he is still Lee's lawyer, for what it is worth...

Has Linda spoken out yet? I would hate to miss it if she did, she must be devastated :(

I don't think so, I haven't seen anything and I've had HLN on practically every minute since the verdict.

I think you are correct, she is devastated. Probably unable to talk about it yet.

This is just so wrong.

I don't think so, I haven't seen anything and I've had HLN on practically every minute since the verdict.

I think you are correct, she is devastated. Probably unable to talk about it yet.

This is just so wrong.

Heartbreaking :(

This is just so wrong.

The SAO forbids active attorneys from publically commenting. JA was able to speak to the media, as he has retired from the SAO.

bobkealing bob kealing
I got a text from #CindyAnthony attorney. When asked if she has a book deal w/Simon and Schuster he said "not my clients." Denies it.
8 minutes ago

IIRC it was last year the rumors started that S&S were going to be their publishers. So many people contacted them to protest that they issued a public denial.. We just haven't found out yet which company it will be but expect them to get bombarded with complaints! :innocent:

If you searched for Caylee let Tim Miller know... I was just looking on Twitter at Diane Fanning's page - she has a message posted that if you searched,please contact Tim at
tim.miller@texasequusearch.org

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=263567

According to this poll, while lots of people are upset with the verdict, about 1/3 of those who responded are not. So apparently there will be people out there who will be on Casey's side and may even employ her, help her, protect her, etc...this poll says only 9% of men who responded are angry about the verdict, compared to 27% of women. Maybe we should be mad at men.

Has Linda spoken out yet? I would hate to miss it if she did, she must be devastated :(

She is still busy as a bumble bee. :bee:I think she brought the motion to sue Casey for the investigative costs for search for Caylee. :cop::liar::behindbar:

According to this poll, while lots of people are upset with the verdict, about 1/3 of those who responded are not. So apparently there will be people out there who will be on Casey's side and may even employ her, help her, protect her, etc...this poll says only 9% of men who responded are angry about the verdict, compared to 27% of women. Maybe we should be mad at men.

In my experience, even the people that think the state did not meet the burden of proof, still believe that Casey is a lying, cold hearted thief. So only a small percentage of that 1/3 of the population is going to want to hire her or hang out with her, imo. Even the DT says, even though she is a lying *advertiser censored* who didn't report her child missing, it doesn't mean she is a killer. That is not exactly a great testimonial.

Go ahead, bring it on.

In my experience, even the people that think the state did not meet the burden of proof, still believe that Casey is a lying, cold hearted thief. So only a small percentage of that 1/3 of the population is going to want to hire her or hang out with her, imo. Even the DT says, even though she is a lying *advertiser censored* who didn't report her child missing, it doesn't mean she is a killer. That is not exactly a great testimonial.

The statement below shows how much Gallup knows:

Gallup Editor-in-Chief Frank Newport reveals in this week's Gallup News Minute audio cast that the percentage of Americans who are paying close attention to the verdict in the Casey Anthony murder trial is far below average compared with other past news events.

I have a question, not sure if it has already been answered here or not.....Lippman said that LA got new atty.....what kind of atty did he retain? anyone know?

You know I wondered that too & why? ML received the phone call from LA on the morning that the verdict came in....he called him while he was in the courtroom & walked outside the room then came back in.....the trial's over, so why retain another lawyer at this point?

Any thoughts on why Lee separated from CA and GA and obtained his own lawyer at the close of the trial?

Despite the fact that I feel majorly duped by the As, I am holding out hope that Lee has broken away from them and is going to go start anew - he and Mallory.

Of course I will not be at all surprised when it turns out they are all having a love fest, with Casey, in the near future.

IIRC it was last year the rumors started that S&S were going to be their publishers. So many people contacted them to protest that they issued a public denial.. We just haven't found out yet which company it will be but expect them to get bombarded with complaints! :innocent:

I will be waiting with email ready to find out what company wants them!

All this reading is confusing me about jeopardy.
Acquittal jeopardy ends.
But what about crimes your convicted of, does jeopardy end for them?

I watched it too. Great insight. Different people see this family differently, however. Dateline last night (which I just watched online) painted CA as controlling over KC. Jesse Grund painted her the same way. I got the feeling KC had to conform to CA. Then Tracey on Dr. Drew depicted KC has having more control over CA, and CA had to tiptoe around her to try to get the truth.

According to Tracey, KC was the happiest person she had ever met, and never once mentioned Caylee. The atmosphere in the house was that KC wasn't going to talk about Caylee until she was good and ready, and no one was going to force her to do it. The two that tried, GA and Leonard Padilla, were swiftly chewed out.

Tracey's explanation of how Leonard ended up searching the river near Blanchard Park was interesting. KC had been listening to a song by that mentioned somthing about "I hope you don't call out to me from under the water", and that led Tracey to believe Caylee was under water.

I guess eventually she was "under water", just not sure of at the time. Someone else to add to the list above of the wrath of Cindy/Casey...Tim Miller! The other night on TV he stated that Cindy & George knew the baby was dead when he was there searching. He said when he first went to meet with them he "felt" something was not right with that because JB told him, "You can do your searches or whatever but you are NOT to ask my client any questions about her daughter". WTF? To me, this speaks volumes that they all knew and needed to be prosecuted!

Tim said after the first initial meeting he wasn't going to take the case & do the search but Sheriff Berry (?) called to ask him to do it as a favor to him so he did! The night he went to the Anthony's with the map & told them he needed to know where to look. GA went to get Casey. GA's friend told Tim something that made him believe they all knew. Casey came into the kitchen, GA told her to mark on the map where Tim needed to look, Casey wouldn't, GA got furious, then as usual, Cindy/Casey tag-teamed Tim Miller & made him leave!

The night of the initial 911 call....you've got 4 different people in 4 different rooms, filling out 4 different statements & they ALL put the same WRONG date Caylee went missing......doesn't take a brain surgeon...or a chemist! This night is when the story began, we just saw the ending....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23