2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the fact that I feel majorly duped by the As, I am holding out hope that Lee has broken away from them and is going to go start anew - he and Mallory.

Of course I will not be at all surprised when it turns out they are all having a love fest, with Casey, in the near future.

After LA testified in court, I posted on a thread that he didn't seem as cooperative as he normally is when questioned....and that he was helping lie for his sister. Needless to say this was when everyone had the "change of heart" over CA so I had several people tell me how wrong I was, that LA had done a fine job!

JA said they weren't surprised at all about CA getting on the stand & changing her story/taking the blame for FCA but the one who realllly surprised them was Lee. He said he didn't know what all the crying was about over the baby shower invite because he'd spoke with him before about it and it was like no big deal.....I'm telling you they made this story up during the time CA made the 911 call & the police arrived, they just perfected it & made adjustments as they went along..

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=263567

According to this poll, while lots of people are upset with the verdict, about 1/3 of those who responded are not. So apparently there will be people out there who will be on Casey's side and may even employ her, help her, protect her, etc...this poll says only 9% of men who responded are angry about the verdict, compared to 27% of women. Maybe we should be mad at men.

Actual Quote:
Titled: New Poll Shows Many Americans Not Pleased With Anthony Verdict
A new poll indicates nearly two-thirds of Americans believe Casey Anthony definitely or probably murdered her daughter.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=263567

2/3 of the Americans = 197.4 Million Which is significant and without the spin.

After LA testified in court, I posted on a thread that he didn't seem as cooperative as he normally is when questioned....and that he was helping lie for his sister. Needless to say this was when everyone had the "change of heart" over CA so I had several people tell me how wrong I was, that LA had done a fine job!

JA said they weren't surprised at all about CA getting on the stand & changing her story/taking the blame for FCA but the one who realllly surprised them was Lee. He said he didn't know what all the crying was about over the baby shower invite because he'd spoke with him before about it and it was like no big deal.....I'm telling you they made this story up during the time CA made the 911 call & the police arrived, they just perfected it & made adjustments as they went along..

JusticeSeeker, you should join the Theory:could this have been a defense plan thread! Very interesting and you seem like you would have input.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143882&page=17

the only reason OJ for back in jail was because he's an idiot, not because society put him there. if I remember he still lived pretty good for more than 10 yrs after the verdict

I agree he is an idiot that is why he is in jail now.

Despite the fact that I feel majorly duped by the As, I am holding out hope that Lee has broken away from them and is going to go start anew - he and Mallory.

Of course I will not be at all surprised when it turns out they are all having a love fest, with Casey, in the near future.

Maybe CFCA, LA and Mallory are planning on relocating and starting a new life.

You know I wondered that too & why? ML received the phone call from LA on the morning that the verdict came in....he called him while he was in the courtroom & walked outside the room then came back in.....the trial's over, so why retain another lawyer at this point?

ITA, WHY would LA need an attorny at all, let alone a new one? Is he at odds with his parents - Lippman IS their attorney. Is he worried about perjury charges, does he think he'll be blamed for some sort of involvment, do he think Casey's going to sue him? I can't quite understand. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

All this reading is confusing me about jeopardy.
Acquittal jeopardy ends.
But what about crimes your convicted of, does jeopardy end for them?

I guess it does since she got 1 year, plus a $1,000 fine on each of the 4 counts of lying to LE. With time served and good behavior, she paid her jail time, what more do you think they can/should get out of this?

Good Morning Everyone,

I am so glad this thread is still open ... I am still "sick" and "shocked" by the verdict !

Is there any more "news" on the "jurors" ? Have any more spoken out -- or are they still in HIDING ? I know a few have made statements, but I have not watched any "news" on the tube since Friday --which was very limited because of some of the TH's ... getting my info on this here at WS !

Thanks ... and have a nice day everyone !

You know I wondered that too & why? ML received the phone call from LA on the morning that the verdict came in....he called him while he was in the courtroom & walked outside the room then came back in.....the trial's over, so why retain another lawyer at this point?

LA admitted meeting with JB before his testimony. When JB asked LA a question on the stand it appears JB did not get the response he expected LA to answer about being excluded from information about KC's pregnancy. RA challenged why LA went to talk to JB right before the trial and would not meet with SA. My guess is it could have something to do with what went on in the meeting with JB and LA. LA may suspect that the State could be looking into it. If JB wanted LA to testify differently than he did LA might need to get a separate attorney if he knows his parents followed their script. This is what I thought I was getting with that back and forth with the cross and re-cross. It may be nothing but RA looked mad. I sure hope RA writes a book and let's it all out. "Boomshell Tonight" lol

LA admitted meeting with JB before his testimony. When JB asked LA a question on the stand it appears JB did not get the response he expected LA to answer about being excluded from information about KC's pregnancy. RA challenged why LA went to talk to JB right before the trial and would not meet with SA. My guess is it could have something to do with what went on in the meeting with JB and LA. LA may suspect that the State could be looking into it. If JB wanted LA to testify differently than he did LA might need to get a separate attorney if he knows his parents followed their script. This is what I thought I was getting with that back and forth with the cross and re-cross. It may be nothing but RA looked mad. I sure hope RA writes a book and let's it all out. "Boomshell Tonight" lol

Is RA supposed to be JA?

Quiche,thanks so much for posting the NYT piece!!! I gave up following most news since it's so sensationlized.

I think A movie should be made about this and if the company was smart they would change the ending to a guilty verdict....

FWIW (imoo) There (most assuredly will) MAY soon be a connection between Drew Peterson & Casey Anthony and I fear JB joining that team. I've stared a thread on the proper board here at WS and would so appreciate anyone's input on the possibility of this connection.

Drew Peterson said to be pleased by Anthony verdict

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144150"]Drew Peterson said to be pleased by Anthony verdict - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm grateful for your time :grouphug: TIA!

Id place my bet on Jose!

Good morning everyone.

Don't know about the rest of you but I am totally sick of HLN and IS on their non stop coverage of the trial, it is over and I wish they would move on. They only need to keep us informed as to what is happening at the time and what may be news to us..we watched the trial and don't need to see the videos a thousand more times. I don't care one iota about the opinions of all these talkers, nothing is going to sway my opinion of what happened to Caylee...she was murdered by her mother period!
We are not going to be able to heal from this very unjust verdict if they won't let it die down, there is nothing we can do about it and I accept that, but I want it gone from my head. This entire saga has consumed to much of my life and my mind and would like to get my life back to normal.

Last night I saw the last few minutes of Jeanine Perrino interviewing Jeff Ashton. He said something I totally agree with, and that I am going to do. He said the best thing to do about <that woman> is to ignore her. He is so correct. So, I will not watch or click on anything about her again. If the media is smart they will find something else to do. Why give her endless hours of feeding her narcissism as she admires her image on tv? Why feed the beast? Another poster had a great idea when she said all references to her should be archived and put in the basement. ITA.

I'm making great progress in moving on. I am confident that <she> will end up in prison one way or another. Her lead attorney will crash and burn as well, it is well documented that he is "morally bankrupt" himself. There will be a reckoning for all those that perverted justice for Caylee, that is something I can still believe in.

ETA: In short, ITA with you Pita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member