2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by dvdman, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amysmom

amysmom Well-Known Member

s&bbm

Greta made this comment right after talking about part 2 of his interview & right before CM was to come on after the break..Watching the repeat I came to the conclusion she was referring to CM & not the mystery foreman afterall.

2. BeachGirlFromPA

BeachGirlFromPA Always digging a little deeper....

I question that 400 figure. This jury was mentioned repeatedly as one of those who took the LEAST amount of notes, and this was reported by those who watched them in detail every single day. I guess he must have been invisible because none of the legal pundits or reporters saw him taking alot of notes.

3. Velouria

Velouria Active Member

Me thinks this guy needs some of Cindy's Magical Memory Pills.

4. Baxter

Baxter Member

OMG Please tell me the foreperson did NOT say that.
    Did they have earphones in and were listening to music when the state was putting on their case?

5. Chablis

Chablis Inactive

The State, took air samples from a confirmed cleaned/aired out car, and said, hey this proves she killed her child with chloroform, and the state ignored the FBI's analysis that said the levels were consistent with cleaning products, and we know the car was clean. I am glad I live in this GREAT country where all I stated above is not enough to KILL someone.

6. TotallyObsessed

TotallyObsessed New Member

He also said it was reasonable to think that the boyfriend (Richardo) posted the chloroform picture and the next day Casey visited myspace, then googled chloroform one time to see what it was.

That's it. Simple.

7. TxLady2

TxLady2 Well-Known Member

So what did they talk about for 10+ hours, then? Do you think they sat around and talked about things other than the case?
    Juries are not required to go over every piece of evidence and testimony when they are deliberating, only the things they may not be clear on. They did not need to discuss the bugs and other scientific things, unless they were not clear on it. If they had taken the time to reread all the testimony or look at all the evidence they would have been deliberating for a month.
    I will repeat what I posted a few days ago somewhere, and I heard it from a well respected attorney. In 80% of trials, most jurors will have their minds made up by the end of the closing statements.
    Their meals are brought to them in the jury room and they can eat while they are talking. They don't take long breaks, there is a restroom inside the jury room. It takes about 10 minutes at the most to select a foreperson. Somebody is nominated, they take a vote and it's done.
    Judge Alex was asked right after the verdict what was the shortest time a jury had ever come back with a verdict and he said 4-1/2 minutes.

8. magnolia

magnolia War Eagle

I don't believe George committed perjury.He did not sexually abuse KC. He did not have a romantic relationship with K. Holloway. He was not a witness to a drowning accident.However,he told the truth in a deceptive kind of way. His goal was to lose credibility with the Jury. George played his part well.He should be given an Emmy for his performance. IMO

9. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Also, he mentioned that there was one google search for chloroform. Testimony and evidence proved there were 84 hits. Furthermore, he referred to Ricardo's myspace as a reason Casey would look up chloroform. Did he not understand that the search was for "HOW TO MAKE CHLOROFORM"? Did he doze off or was he too busy making flirty eyes at Casey?

10. miimaa

miimaa Well-Known Member

So happy I didn't watch the interview because I would have been livid to hear that. Did they not hear testimony that Cindy was logged in to her work computer and could not have done those searches on the home computer? WTH!!!

11. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Ummm, IIRC the case Judge Alex referred to was for a drug possession charge. Heck of a big difference, imo

12. ahoyhoy

ahoyhoy Member

I did not see ANY of the juror interviews (read transcripts), but the details y'all are discussing w/ #11 makes him sound like he ALSO ignored all the evidence---trying to 'fit' a theory with how 'nice' MCA 'looks'.

They couldn't take it, couldn't believe she would---so they ignored everything that made them 'uncomfortable' about her, and looked at the big, bad MEN. UGH!!!!

Also, I can't believe that NOT ONE was affected when George broke down for Caylee? They thought that was fake?
    OF COURSE George was rude w/ Baez---wouldn't you be if accused of all that? The jury could not empathize at all with George having to deny being a molester in court & on t.v?

I am more & more convinced every day that they looked at her, decided she 'couldn't' have done it, and grasped at ANYTHING that would end the trial a.s.a.p. JMO, of course.

I wonder if HHJP will ever address this trial in an interview? After he retires, I hope---but I really need to hear what His Honor thought of this jury.

13. miimaa

miimaa Well-Known Member

She should have been found guilty of manslaughter - not 1st degree. There was more evidence than just the chloroform in the car.

14. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member

While writing those 400 pages of notes, he must have missed some important testimony.

15. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member

Something else he missed in those 400 pages of notes. Seems like he did not hear any of the rebuttal testimony.

16. TxLady2

TxLady2 Well-Known Member

I don't think the jury heard anything about the dead squirrels, unless I missed it. As far as having suspicions about George, a number of people right here on WS had those same suspicions within the first year of this case, it was discussed at length, about both George and Lee. A lot of people wondered if one of them was the father of Caylee, and the FBI ran DNA analysis on both of them, but when Baez tried to bring that in, the state objected and it was ruled hearsay. There very rarely is any evidence of child molestation unless it's discovered and the child is taken to the hospital right then, or it's reported to DCF. I think there was a lot of things they never heard that people here know, and that is the problem. We are forgetting that they didn't follow this for 3 years, it was all new to them.
    I agree with you on the manslaughter, though, it still puzzles me why they ignored the other charges except for the lying to LE.

17. sappysoul

sappysoul Verified Expert

Yes, it was a drug charge and the trial was just a couple of days long. How anyone could compare the two is beyond me.

18. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

And how many times did Linda say "Did you type how to make chloroform into the google search bar?"

Reasonable juror 11, Casey see's a cartoon about Chloroform and the next day she googles "HOW TO MAKE CHLOROFORM"

Where is the reasonable in that?

19. kaki

kaki New Member

Thanks for clearing that up... I know i read that because it made my blood boil.. I stand corrected though.. :innocent: CM said it .. figures he would say something like that. Subtract one ridiculous, illogical utterence from the jury foreman then

20. miimaa

miimaa Well-Known Member

People may have had suspicions the first year but this was trial testimony and there was no evidence pointing to George being involved.

I thought I heard Amy Huizenga testify about a text msg from KC regarding the squirrel and the smell in the car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.