2011.10.18 - Police searching 2 locations

oh my GOSH! I have been thinking of Lindsey so much lately and actually posted/deleted a news article about a search warrant thinking it was this year (but it was old).. she has been on my mind so much lately... hoping something gets moving in her case! My thoughts and prayers are with you JenniferO as well!

Just saw the alerts in my in box about the search warrant. We need answers. It's been too long. Oh Lindsey - my heart breaks for you.

(story time)

DSCF2045.jpg

Mark portrayed 'Peter' (iirc) (the owner or worker of the Jewelry shop ^, on Maple) as not having a 'great opinion of Lindsey &/or the Baum family. "~That girl was up to 'things'" (Lindsey)

Mark also didn't have such a great opinion. Mark mentioned being aware Lindsey was on the internet. He generally & repeatedly came off disliking Lindsey &/or the family.

Mark added one other thing. Mark said he believes 'Eric' (who lives (according to Marks pointing) in the North-Eastern part of town) 'probably did it' (as in abducting Lindsey) Mark said Eric had conversed with him (@ an unknown time) about 'young girls.

The conversation was strange.. but you couldn't expect much else. At one point he stopped talking almost like he'd just realized he's telling all this to a stranger & briefly thought twice.

If nothing else i'd suggest an interview with persons from this ^ Jewelry shop.

I'm still confident the person i spoke to being "Mark". As far as "Peter" & Eric are concerned, it seems obvious "Peter" is Hartman. (Peter not being Hartman's his first name)

One of the first persons i attempted to talk to turned out to be Hartman.

I didn't know Hartman's name at the time but i saw him coming out of the jewelry store & started approaching him with the intent to get his ear & opinion on what may have happened.

At the time Hartman's demeanor was anything but suspicious. He was well dressed and looked professional. I couldn't tell if he was in a hurry or something, or maybe he quickly caught eye of my camera, but he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me.

I don't recall exactly what i said but it was short like "hey do you have a minute" and his response was probably not much more than "no" as he quickly walked away into the post office or library.

Anyways, as far as Hartman is concerned during that time frame that's about it for me.

I think it's reasonable to say people have had suspicions about him. Some of it obvious given the jewelry store location and some because of other context.

Based on what i know he's probably been +/-somewhat difficult to work with from a LE standpoint. Could have been digging himself in since day one.

Oh Lindsay, I'm praying so hard that LE brings you home, Sweetie! May the angels stay with you and help the searchers find you.

Salem

Deputies said they are not looking for anything specific; they said the search warrant is one in a series being served in an effort to find the missing girl.

Area residents said they are relieved to see the investigation is still active.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/132106953.html

So....they got a SW to browse?? Aren't SWs usually rather 'specific'?

If my recollection is accurate, the jewelry store safe was a search interest in the early days, yes?

A crime of opportunity?

Where was TH that evening?

Searches are complete. They have handed the building back to TH.

Also the search warrants are sealed so we won't be getting those anytime soon.

"Investigators took photos and bagged evidence at the shop, home, and car. Police said the searches were deeper than those they had conducted previously. They would not say what they were looking for, but hinted that searches would either sharpen their focus on the man or rule him out.

“We’re just trying to gather some information that will either lead us in a different direction or have us continue on the path of investigation we’re on,” Chief Deputy Dave PImentel of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office said."

Read more http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-pol...in-lindsey-baum-case-20111018,0,7365959.story

"Investigators took photos and bagged evidence at the shop, home, and car. Police said the searches were deeper than those they had conducted previously. They would not say what they were looking for, but hinted that searches would either sharpen their focus on the man or rule him out.

“We’re just trying to gather some information that will either lead us in a different direction or have us continue on the path of investigation we’re on,” Chief Deputy Dave PImentel of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office said."Read more http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-pol...in-lindsey-baum-case-20111018,0,7365959.story

This speaks volumes to me. "The path of the investigation we're on ".

This is a search I have been waiting for. Finally.Thank you LE and FBI. Now let's hope they find forensic evidence. Because Lindsey deserves it. And that's all that matters.

Can anyone tell us if there is any criminal history with TH?

That's the way it works here in Australia - LE must have reasonable grounds (usually through information provided by oath or affirmation) that there is or will be evidentiary material at/on the site/subject of the SW (s 3E Crimes Act 1914(Cth)).

I would imagine that the process for obtaining a SW in the US is much the same. Judges don't approve any old SW application that comes their way. In order to avoid problems at trial with evidence being ruled inadmissable due to an incorrectly executed SW, they're usually very stringent.

so relieved that they are still searching for you Lindsey :hug:

Deputies said they are not looking for anything specific; they said the search warrant is one in a series being served in an effort to find the missing girl.

Area residents said they are relieved to see the investigation is still active.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/132106953.html

They had to have something to give them probable cause so the Judge would sign the warrant. Also, this SW let them search "a little deeper" than previously, so there must be something that has LE suspicious and able to convince a Judge to let them search 'deeper.'

I just hope that they found something that will lead to Lindsay coming home.

Salem

They had to have something to give them probable cause so the Judge would sign the warrant. Also, this SW let them search "a little deeper" than previously, so there must be something that has LE suspicious and able to convince a Judge to let them search 'deeper.'

I just hope that they found something that will lead to Lindsay coming home.

Salem

I suspect if the probable cause is nothing more than "inconsistent statements during questioning" or similar, the SWs might amount to nothing more than fishing expeditions?

Also: "a little deeper" ...

The new SWs would have to include for those "a little deeper" references so, for what are they searching now that they hadn't with previous SWs?

Tools?
Clothing?
Chemicals?
Media (camera, pics, CDs, DVDs)?

I cannot confirm this is Lindsey related but I was just messaged by a truck driver friend that he passed 9 state patrol, 6 sheriff, a bunch of unmarked cars and three SWAT team trucks were seen heading towards McCleary. He seen them 20 miles west of McCleary headed in an east bound direction (towards McCleary).

Someone else (in McCleary) confirmed that there is some sort of activity near the police station.

I'll update when I hear more

(Mods, if this is inappropriate let me know please.)

I suspect if the probable cause is nothing more than "inconsistent statements during questioning" or similar, the SWs might amount to nothing more than fishing expeditions?

Also: "a little deeper" ...

The new SWs would have to include for those "a little deeper" references so, for what are they searching now that they hadn't with previous SWs?

Tools?
Clothing?
Chemicals?
Media (camera, pics, CDs, DVDs)?

Well.. TH was overheard mentioning sledgehammers and something being "wrecked". So I think "a little deeper" may include some concrete removal (MOO).

Also, store lights were being turned off last night and black lights were seen to be being used. And pictures were being taken (could see the flash of the camera)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back