2011.10.19 Former Friends Of DB Speak Out

Okay the lawn ornament thing....maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

Just know that when my friends and I were younger we used to go out partying and move the lawn ornaments from one persons house to another. Across the street, down the street, or sitting by the stoplight right down from the home. Yes I know it was wrong. It wasn't to be mean it was to be funny. Now I know that's not funny but back then it was all about what we thought was. We would laugh if we put the ornament across the street at the neighbors home and think how the person missing the ornament would come out and see it at their neighbors.
Not saying this is what happened with Debbie, just saying it could be.

JMO

We did the same thing. We also took for sale signs and put them on someone elses house. We thought that was so funny.

My sentiments exactly. I certainly hope I'm NEVER compared to the nitwitted, self serving party girl I was from ages 18-25.

I believe it would be irresponsible to take the word of a so-called 'friend' from 8 years ago. JMHO.

How much more responsible did DB get since 18? By her own admission she stuck a 10 months old into her crib at 6:40 pm, got drunk and doesn't even know if she checked on her. Doesn't know if she locked the door either. And she doesn't think she has a problem, since she is entitled to her "adult time."

It is curious that she got married at 17 or 18. That's awfully young in this day and age.

How much more responsible did DB get since 18? By her own admission she stuck a 10 months old into her crib at 6:40 pm, got drunk and doesn't even know if she checked on her. Doesn't know if she locked the door either. And she doesn't think she has a problem, since she is entitled to her "adult time."

Go jenny!! I agree with the post. Im not all about gossiping but her attitude in interviews is a little disheartening. I Think a look into her past is needed. a leopard does not change their spots. sorry! moo moo

We did the same thing. We also took for sale signs and put them on someone elses house. We thought that was so funny.

We did that for sale thing, too. Used to laugh and tell each other how funny it would be when someone called asking for info on the house.

I have to say I am not who I was at 18, at 25, at 35, at 40 and let's say I stop there with age listing, I'm not who I was yesterday. With that said, I can say, I do not speak or think as I did when I was 18, some people seem to stay the same it seems.... ;)

Extremely profound; an excellent mind. Thank you.

It is curious that she got married at 17 or 18. That's awfully young in this day and age.

Her son is 6, so she had him when she was 19. I think I read somewhere that her husband was her high school sweetheart? So, if he enlisted right after high school, then she probably married him to be with him wherever he was stationed. Also, they would need to be married for her to have the health benefits when she was pregnant. Also, if he was a junior single soldier he would have to live in the barracks. There's a number of reasons why our junior soldiers jump up and get married right away.

Her son is 6, so she had him when she was 19. I think I read somewhere that her husband was her high school sweetheart? So, if he enlisted right after high school, then she probably married him to be with him wherever he was stationed. Also, they would need to be married for her to have the health benefits when she was pregnant. Also, if he was a junior single soldier he would have to live in the barracks. There's a number of reasons why our junior soldiers jump up and get married right away.

I'm confused... I thought they both had children with other people?

I'm confused... I thought they both had children with other people?
She and JI have one child each from their ex partners. She is still legally married to her ex. Then she and JI got together and they had Lisa together.

Probably a whole lot! Human brains are not fully developed until about age 24, and the years between 16-18 are the worst times as far as common sense and reason go. That's why everyone here has a story about the stupid things they did when they were....16...17...18. Not that it is an excuse for teens to do stupid things, but to compare a person at 24 or 25 to what they were like at 18 is just unfair.

Her mom died when she was 15. So it makes sense that she might want to settle down and get married so young. I see that happen a lot when a teen loses a mom so young.

Yes.....and she stated that their kids played together EVERYDAY......however that is blatantly untrue....DB's son is SIX YEARS OLD..... so logically he wasn't born till around 2005-- two years AFTER she said that the kids played together!!!!

Too bad the reporter couldn't do the math! Maybe we should point it out to them.

Makes me wonder if this person even knew DB well at all, she may be even more of a media hound that she states DB to be.

The only thing I see of interest in this interview is the 'attention hound' bit.

It's gives me a teeny tiny bit of hope that if what was said is true, and if that personality trait continued for DB, then perhaps this was all for attention and baby Lisa may be out there somewhere safe.

Her mom died when she was 15. So it makes sense that she might want to settle down and get married so young. I see that happen a lot when a teen loses a mom so young.

I'm going out in left field as someone who lost my mom at a young age and say that some girls who lose their moms are in a HUGE rush to settle and create the family they feel cheated out of. It's ridiculous how rushed I was when I was just a baby myself. Everyone needs that mother/child bond- and when you lose it too early, sometimes you are in a hurry to find it even if you are playing another role in it.

I'm not sure where DB falls on the spectrum, but I've seen the pattern enough to know it's not an anomaly.

I really hate to say this but if across the street neighbor's story is to be believed, she is in trouble. ala JB, she will be the next George Anthony or Crump. She had motive to get back at her. I know silly right, but don't think her attorney wouldn't use it because he/she will.

I really hate to say this but if across the street neighbor's story is to be believed, she is in trouble. ala JB, she will be the next George Anthony or Crump. She had motive to get back at her. I know silly right, but don't think her attorney wouldn't use it because he/she will.

"across the street neighbor's" ???
Is this a neighbor of DB current house?

I missed that one....going back to look for it.

"across the street neighbor's" ???
Is this a neighbor of DB current house?

I missed that one....going back to look for it.

I think she means the woman who was interviewed who lived across the street from DB in Ft. Bragg.

I think she means the woman who was interviewed who lived across the street from DB in Ft. Bragg.

Oh OK, that is the one whose children played with DB's son 3 yrs before he was born. Seen that one, Thanks.

Oh OK, that is the one whose children played with DB's son 3 yrs before he was born. Seen that one, Thanks.

This was cleared up by Shirley herself in the comments section of the article, and is mentioned in this thread already. It was only her kids she was referring to. Debbie would play with Shirley's kids. The reporter misunderstood what she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back