2011.10.19 Former Friends Of DB Speak Out

I really hate to say this but if across the street neighbor's story is to be believed, she is in trouble. ala JB, she will be the next George Anthony or Crump. She had motive to get back at her. I know silly right, but don't think her attorney wouldn't use it because he/she will.

Unlike GA she wasn't even in the same state at the time, let alone the same house.

Unlike GA she wasn't even in the same state at the time, let alone the same house.

I'm talking about the old friend that was linked in the comment section of the video of the first friend that spoke back when she was in Ft Bragg. (thank you Gwen)

If the things are true that she stated, she could have carried a grudge for a long time, maybe ran into her, fueled her anger and went to take revenge, took the phones blah blah blah. Do I believe that? HECK NO, could the defense use that, YEP just like George or more likely Crump. MOO

I'm talking about the old friend that was linked in the comment section of the video of the first friend that spoke back when she was in Ft Bragg. (thank you Gwen)

If the things are true that she stated, she could have carried a grudge for a long time, maybe ran into her, fueled her anger and went to take revenge, took the phones blah blah blah. Do I believe that? HECK NO, could the defense use that, YEP just like George or more likely Crump. MOO

I was referring to her, too. I do understand they are enemies. Sara does not live in Missouri.

I was referring to her, too. I do understand they are enemies. Sara does not live in Missouri.

Well if JB did the crazy crap this one can too after all my opinion is that DB followed CA case. Selling photo's asap is a big tip off that she did. MOO

Well if JB did the crazy crap this one can too after all my opinion is that DB followed CA case. Selling photo's asap is a big tip off that she did. MOO

A better defense would be to just throw the kids under the bus, cast suspicion on Jeremy coming home and hiding the body before waking Debbie, etc. Believe me Tacopina has thought of all this and it makes me sick. The drunk bs is his idea, IMO. It sets the stage for all of that.

A better defense would be to just throw the kids under the bus, cast suspicion on Jeremy coming home and hiding the body before waking Debbie, etc. Believe me Tacopina has thought of all this and it makes me sick. The drunk bs is his idea, IMO. It sets the stage for all of that.

Probably so but if they arrest both of them...wonder who turns first and gets the deal. My bet is on JI

Probably so but if they arrest both of them...wonder who turns first and gets the deal. My bet is on JI

Yeah this has been on my mind. How will this play out. I don't think Jeremy knew a crime was going to be committed at the time he was at work. If he is involved with that 2:38 phone call/text I will likely change my mind. But right now I think his involvement ends at helping cover for her, sort of like Cindy Anthony. There isn't much you can do with that, IMO. So I don't think he will be arrested at this time (I've gone back and forth on that, though.)

That leaves only Debbie getting arrested and going to trial, IMO. It also opens up the same Baez strategy of casting suspicion on someone else in the house, who isn't on trial.

I think this is why the big search for the phones. They need a smoking gun and are hoping the phones will provide the evidence they need to get a conviction. It's a tough case in this respect - getting past the reasonable doubt factor. The chances this could turn out like the Casey Anthony trial are quite high, IMO.

So true Lera. I may have missed this but don't they have separate attorneys, much like John and Patsy Ramsey?

This is really some reaching here. Just like the "chequered past" report, this is nothing but trying to sling mud and hoping some of it sticks.

Painful to watch some of these media outlets try to dig up dirt. Equally painful is watching many commenters trying to egg the media on into doing it.

Everyone wonders why the attention is off Lisa? Here is your reason. Reports like these, and anyone who salivates over them.

So very true. This is why I'm still sitting on the fence - because muckracking by the media is not evidence of guilt.

Me too. This kind of reporting is EXACTLY why I am still on the fence. DB has given me pause, on her own, with the change in the timeline and some other, small things. But when I compare this case to Christopher Abeyta's case and how the media treated his family, twisting things, casting suspicion, etc., I worry that the truth may not be coming to light.

I don't trust the media at all. They have made up their minds and are looking for dirt on this woman. I do, however, still trust LE and until I hear differently, I believe them when I hear that they are pursuing EVERY avenue. If they determine the mother is responsible, I would be unlikely to second guess them.

When info about Casey Anthonys' teen years came out, I don't recall anyone saying it was not relevant or not worth reading. Same for Kyrons stepmom, Hailey Dunns mom, Haleigh Cummings dad, etc. :waitasec:

Far, far different, IMO. Those people gave us so much, all on their own, to make their backgrounds super important. casey came up with an insanely ridiculous story about what happened to the child she failed to report missing, even though she was missing for 31 days when casey finally spoke to LE. She acted unconcerned and flirty during her perp walk, acted bizarrely selfish and angry when the attention was off her and onto Caylee. Kyron's step-mom was missing in action for a long period, admittedly driving aimlessly on country roads, after Kyron was last seen. She gave up the ability to see her infant, and deeply prejudiced her ability to ever get custody rights in the future, in an attempt not to incriminate herself as to what happened to Kyron. Ron Cummings and his associates are highly "unusual" people, living very colorful lives. Most of them are now serving lengthy prison sentences for drugs and most had criminal backgrounds.

To me, any bit of info one could glean about those people, from their pasts
to the present, helped us understand what, why and how.

In this case, none of the colorful elements existing in the other cases mentioned, are at play here. If the best the media can dig up is selectively negative quotes from a friend from the teens years, it's worthless to me. If we had a lot more dirt on DB, if she had acted in bizarre ways like the others or had an extensive criminal history, like in Haleigh's case, then I would be more interested in selective quotes from childhood friends or disgruntled neighbors. For now, it's witch huntish to me. Especially as that is the best they can do, and they edited the friend's statements to make sure the positive was omitted.

I remember reading some fascinating articles about Terri Horman and Haleigh Cummings' relatives but IMO this doesn't come even close in terms of informative content. If you're going to dig up dirt, then go and dig up some dirt and not something pointless. Like, if you're going to say that someone was an attention hound and caused scenes I expect to hear examples of such behavior so that I can evaluate if it means anything to me. If you can't supply that then what's the point?

Now it just comes across as maybe there was some clique-y thing going on with some girls belonging to the gang more than the others and DB may have been one of the others but was trying, and I can't really say that it must have been all DB's fault, maybe the other girls had an attitude.

Ditto.

I really hate to say this but if across the street neighbor's story is to be believed, she is in trouble. ala JB, she will be the next George Anthony or Crump. She had motive to get back at her. I know silly right, but don't think her attorney wouldn't use it because he/she will.

Despite my statements above, this old neighbor Sara's statements are interesting to me and I'd like to see those explored more deeply. If corroborated by other people, by MP's from the base, or other officials, whew. Strange. If not, someone may be nuts. Not sure who.

Sorry I have not read the whole thread, because the fact that these "women" have come out to talk about DB is just really tacky. With that said, has anybody else noticed or commented on the fact that these "women" where friends of DB in 2003. That means that DB was only what 17 or 18 years old and "their children used to play together"?? The one supposed "friend" even said something along the lines of DB used to come "to clubs with us...my friend Jamie and I...you know local places where she could get in" (paraphrased). To mean that means that DB was underage and this "friend" was taking her out to clubs/bars and that the "friend" was above the drinking age at the time.

BBM: My thoughts exactly.

Mine too. Guess they don't consider themselves attention hounds, huh?

Heck, Donjeta, some people don't like me now and I haven't killed anybody yet either.... although my hubby is in my sights.

Kidding.

I read one of the ex military neighbors blog posts who is friends with the woman quoted in the above Huffington Post article. It doesn't matter that DB was younger - it was shocking behavior. Highly manipulative and deceptive. A serial cheater without morals and a thief who broke into neighbor's homes. DB is trouble. Thank goodness those women called the FBI hot line. HLN discussing this blog site now.

Yeah this has been on my mind. How will this play out. I don't think Jeremy knew a crime was going to be committed at the time he was at work. If he is involved with that 2:38 phone call/text I will likely change my mind. But right now I think his involvement ends at helping cover for her, sort of like Cindy Anthony. There isn't much you can do with that, IMO. So I don't think he will be arrested at this time (I've gone back and forth on that, though.)

That leaves only Debbie getting arrested and going to trial, IMO. It also opens up the same Baez strategy of casting suspicion on someone else in the house, who isn't on trial.

I think this is why the big search for the phones. They need a smoking gun and are hoping the phones will provide the evidence they need to get a conviction. It's a tough case in this respect - getting past the reasonable doubt factor. The chances this could turn out like the Casey Anthony trial are quite high, IMO

bbm
Agree with you HS. They need a smoking gun and the phones are likely it.
But what did D or J or whoever do with Lisa? Where is this baby?

imo

Just when I'm ready to consider that DB could be involved, I read this. Enough said.

hi guys....you have to read the comments carefully of that first link.....sara's interview was completely edited and she says that in the comments....look for a link that says "interesting reading" it links to saras whole interview and is on twitter........that has way more info and if real lisa's mum has issues.

Probably a whole lot! Human brains are not fully developed until about age 24, and the years between 16-18 are the worst times as far as common sense and reason go. That's why everyone here has a story about the stupid things they did when they were....16...17...18. Not that it is an excuse for teens to do stupid things, but to compare a person at 24 or 25 to what they were like at 18 is just unfair.

......19. This is why I think if that 2:30 text message came from the brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back