2012.02.10 - Dateline tonight

Your comment got me thinking ... how would LE necessarily know the videos were parent-child sex unless it was advertised as such - OR they were able to recognize the participants even in cartoon form (as in Josh/one of the boys, or Steven/one of the boys.)

Don't want to think of this possibility, but with the Josh and Steven team, anything is possible.

I have been wondering that all day, unless the animated characters were labeled in some way as "dad", "child" etc...otherwise how could they know it was incest and not child *advertiser censored* of another type?

I have been wondering that all day, unless the animated characters were labeled in some way as "dad", "child" etc...otherwise how could they know it was incest and not child *advertiser censored* of another type?

Poser or 3-D art is very life-like and realistic. The characters could be designed to 'look' like jp or the boys or anyone. They are not like Disney or Looney Tune cartoons. [Though Looney Tunes and jp....]

The 911 operator says this is "excruciating" for him. IMO, his interview didn't seem like this has affected him in any way. He seems cold. I would have been bawling my eyes out.

My heart goes out to the Cox's, they are so flipping brave! So kind, caring, loving, and almost forgiving. I admire them and I am so happy the boys spent so much time with them in the last few months of their little lives.

Sorry to say I do not see "excruciating" in the affect shown by the 911 operator.

I think he has a lot of *^&&$ for even partaking in an interview. IMO

Did he give a reason for coming on? I may have missed it.
If the intention was to gain public sympathy... he probably should have poked himself in the eye first or something.
I wanted to like him, to feel bad for him... but I'm only more angry after that.

Sorry to say I do not see "excruciating" in the affect shown by the 911 operator.

I know I am a car person. But please tell me people don't believe this? :waitasec:

"As I re-listen to the call I missed, the fact that she smelled gas, I heard her say that, but immediately following that comment with I want to move my car out of the driveway.
Well sitting in an idling vehicle you would smell gas well I didn't give it the significance that it deserved.
I should have asked her more about that."

Did he really say that??? Does he really believe that?
You do not smell gas, as if it has been dumped on the ground when you are in an idling vehicle.
If you DO... then that is a problem
. :banghead:
Maybe he just thought the social worker was stupid and didn't know what gas smelled like.

From what I have heard in other cases they may be going by clues from the video. Like the kid saying "no Daddy, don't" would label it as an incestous video even if the video was done by actors who were all adults in real life.

I watched both 20/20 and Dateline. The 911 operator was infuriating. He still doesn't get it.

I know, right? "I knew who Josh Powell was, I'd heard about him, but the name didn't really resonate..."

And he said it was hard to listen to himself because he sounded "faltering and clumsy". Seriously?

I cannot figure out the point of that interview because it did NOTHING to redeem him unless he was paid. Perhaps he knows he may lose his job and needed money. :banghead::banghead:

The 911 operator sounded like a jerk on the call. An absolute jerk. He was giving the case worker a hard time and not taking her seriously. It seemed to me he has no regrets about the way he behaved and just enjoyed having his face on tv. I wanted to have sympathy for him but felt none.

Forgive me if I am wrong - I had to take a benadryl for a sinus infection halfway through flipping between the 2 shows & it is possible that I misunderstood - but I could have sworn that I heard that JP's rented house was a stage house in attempts to get the kids back and that he was really still living in SP's home. Did anybody else hear that?

The interviews were tough to watch. My heartaches for so many people, but seeing those booster seats and then hearing the Grandmother talk about how she had to sell the idea of visiting Daddy to the boys in order to avoid causing any visitation problems killed me. God Bless all of them.

Forgive me if I am wrong - I had to take a benadryl for a sinus infection halfway through flipping between the 2 shows & it is possible that I misunderstood - but I could have sworn that I heard that JP's rented house was a stage house in attempts to get the kids back and that he was really still living in SP's home. Did anybody else hear that?

The interviews were tough to watch. My heartaches for so many people, but seeing those booster seats and then hearing the Grandmother talk about how she had to sell the idea of visiting Daddy to the boys in order to avoid causing any visitation problems killed me. God Bless all of them.

Yes, that was said and then nothing more on it. No wonder the neighbors thought the house was empty.

Yes, I heard it too. In fact, I rewound it to make sure I heard it right last night because I was surprised too!

Did he give a reason for coming on? I may have missed it.
If the intention was to gain public sympathy... he probably should have poked himself in the eye first or something.
I wanted to like him, to feel bad for him... but I'm only more angry after that.

I know I am a car person. But please tell me people don't believe this? :waitasec:

"As I re-listen to the call I missed, the fact that she smelled gas, I heard her say that, but immediately following that comment with I want to move my car out of the driveway.
Well sitting in an idling vehicle you would smell gas well I didn't give it the significance that it deserved.
I should have asked her more about that."

Did he really say that??? Does he really believe that?
You do not smell gas, as if it has been dumped on the ground when you are in an idling vehicle.
If you DO... then that is a problem
. :banghead:
Maybe he just thought the social worker was stupid and didn't know what gas smelled like.

No, the 911 operator didn't have a problem understanding, rather, he had a problem with micromanagement and control and had no critical thinking skills whatsoever!

What a sad show. :tears: I'm so glad Jennifer is doing so well in spite of her upbringing!

She has overcome so much, I think she is a hero in this story that doesnt get enough credit. I hope more people will know her story and that she stood against the rest of the Powell family. My sympathies and heart go out to her.

can someone please tell me again when was the last hearing to when he did the murders?
was it a week?

Yes, I heard it too. In fact, I rewound it to make sure I heard it right last night because I was surprised too!

I thought I heard that too but thought it meant he staged it to look as though he cared for Susan, with all the pics that were supposed to be around. That way he could bluff anyone to think he was missing his wife, even the child visitation supervisor who brought the boys there in the past for visits with their dad. JP was a narcissistic sociopath master!

I did hear it, but after thinking on it I have some doubts about it. His sister, Alina, seemed to know how to get to the house. There was a conversation she had at some point with her other brother that he was at work, but had JP's address at home, when they were worried about the emails they were getting. So it sounds to me that he spent a little more time there than just for the children's visits. But it was a very interesting statement, I thought. it could be that he was spending time in both places.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back