2015.08.26 Jimmy Rodgers: Charged with Murder in the Second Degree

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by Coldpizza, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Administrator

Two Missouri men arrested for murder of Bonita Springs doctor
    Aug 27, 2015

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jimmy Rodgers and Curtis Wayne Wright were taken into custody and have been charged for Sievers murder, according to Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott. Wright has been charged with second-degree murder.

Sievers was found dead in her home on Jarvis Road in late June. The mother of two small children ran a hormone therapy and holistic healing practice out of Estero.

Sheriff Scott said they believe the murder was "a targeted set of circumstances."

Spotted in Lee County

We have confirmed Jimmy Rodgers was arrested in Missouri on a federal probation violation.

Through federal court documents, we learned Rodgers was seen at a Lee County Walmart on June 28. Sievers was found dead in her home on June 29.

Hometown confession

While investigators were piecing the puzzle together in Florida, RodgersÂ’ neighbors tell us he was bragging about the crimes in Missouri.

Rodgers lived at a home 1,200 miles from Bonita Springs in the small town of Cadet, Missouri. Neighbors say Rodgers was well known.

FB Photo link: http://wzvn.images.worldnow.com/images/8674975_G.jpg
    http://www.abc-7.com/story/29893665/arrest-warrant-sought-in-dr-teresa-sievers-murder

2. Loading...

3. DeDee

DeDee Active Member

4. beach

beach <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

5. Emi

Emi CSKA Sofia fan!!! Huge Golden State Warriors fans

6. creepingskills

creepingskills Verified Attorney

IMO, there won't be any issues regarding the admissibility of the jumpsuit. JR told the girlfriend, and she told LE where it was. The jury can consider whether or not someone planted or contaminated the jumpsuit, or whatever alternative theory the defense offers, but a judge wouldn't exclude it simply because there wasn't an eye witness to testify that JR brought the suit up from FL and buried it in his backyard. In fact, the prosecution could get it in multiple ways. As others have stated earlier, the jumpsuit could (should) be offered to show the defendant's state of mind; the jumpsuit is highly probative of premeditation, preparation for murder. JR's disposal after the fact, goes to the cover up.

I do wonder if he bought the jumpsuit and the hammer at Walmart. Maybe it was just the jumpsuit. I know LE won't confirm the hammer as the murder weapon, but have they confirmed what was purchased at Walmart by JR?

In my experience, no, the first one to talk is usually the last to be tried to ensure that the 'talker' will testify (properly) against the other. Regarding deals, until JR is extradited to FL there will be no offers made by the prosecution. IMO, the feds won't hold up the state murder prosecution in FL due to the probation violation. I think that was a holding tactic.

7. Sunkist

Sunkist New Member

Not sure where the link is right now, but JR's boss mentioned a jumpsuit for work & that it was possible JR didn't turn one back in. My assumption was that the jumpsuit was one he wore for work. But, that is my assumption/opinion only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA- a link to an article that mentions he sometimes worked in a jumpsuit, although this isn't the one I saw previously- http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29935782/sievers-murder-suspects-boss-claims-hand-in-arrest

8. Bently

Bently Former Member

9. creepingskills

creepingskills Verified Attorney

Maybe JR does not know the victim and/or her family. Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps CWW hired JR to do any or at least all of the following: use his car/rent a car in JR's name, travel to FL, buy something at Walmart, get rid of the jumpsuit.

10. Bently

Bently Former Member

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/09/02/judge-says-jimmy-rodgers-guilty-charge-unrelated-doc-murder/71584508/..Alan Scher Zagier, reporter for Associated Press in St. Louis, contributed to this report.

"The man who had employed Rodgers for about a year at his Cadet, Mo., contracting company said the suspect in the killing of a Bonita Springs doctor told him his trip to Florida in late June was paid for by his brother.

Tyler Juliette, who operates JV Contracting in Cadet, said he didn't know of Rodger's trip until after his employee left.

"The following Tuesday, I talked to him for the first time I had seen him after he came back," Juliette said. "I was joking with him. I asked him why he didn't tell us he was going."

Juliette said Rodgers told him that a brother who had recently graduated from law school had asked him to come down to Florida and had paid for his trip as well as a new wardrobe of clothes."

BBM..as Skinner had mentioned "going to law school"...more at link

11. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

I wonder if JR knew what was planned?
    If he was a hitman he sure wouldn't have his phone with him.

12. Paulas88

Paulas88 Active Member

I think he kept as insurance that he would not subsequently get "knocked off" by Wright! that would be the reason JR's GF would have been told about the "location of the jumpsuit." Kind of the "if any thing ever happens to me, the evidence is in my locked safety deposit box."

13. Dion

Dion New Member

JR's employer called him to ask him to go into work and JR responded that he was in Florida. This tells me that he was using his own phone and not a burner.

It was pretty dumb of him to take his own cellphone, but good for LE who may have been able to track his whereabouts by his cellphone pings. They may even have tracked them to restaurants and hotels which would have video cams, therefore proving where they were (or at least one of them - not sure if they travelled back together).

14. Dion

Dion New Member

I agree. It's probably a jump suit from work. JR is a painter, so probably used jump suits often, to protect his clothes.

That could be a good thing. If the jumpsuit is proven to come from his work, and has TS's blood on it. That's pretty damning evidence.

I wonder why he brought it all the way home with him, instead of dumping it anywhere along his long drive back.

15. relay

relay New Member

Well if one of the perps was on the phone at a specific time hopefully they retrieved his phone records. I hope he wasn't bright enough to use a burn phone.

16. makayla

makayla New Member

He had a jumpsuit .... and, remember he's not the sharpest tool in the shed!

17. No it's not

No it's not that simple

18. Bently

Bently Former Member

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/new-clues-emerging-in-death-of-bonita-doctor_45921256

19. al66pine

al66pine New Member

20. Bently

Bently Former Member

Missouri man accused in Florida murder gets 6 months in unrelated federal case
    September 02, 2015 11:50 am &#8226; By Robert Patrick

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_5deeaabb-487f-53e3-944c-bde836099a43.html

" sentenced Wednesday to six months in federal prison ...

admitted leaving eastern Missouri without permission, but didn't say where he had been....

U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh told Rodgers that he could have had a full-blown hearing at which prosecutors and probation officials would have had to prove that he was elsewhere. Rodgers, wearing an orange short-sleeve jail scrub shirt and pants, said he understood that he was giving up his right to that hearing....

Miller said that Rodgers had asked her about Florida's three strikes law. And she did say that Rodgers said, "he didn't know the people in Florida."

Suspect in Florida doctor's death violates federal probation
    17 hours ago &#8226; By ALAN SCHER ZAGIER

http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...cle_0d6231e6-d7b3-5cf3-8505-ce8d594a819a.html

"Jimmy Ray Rodgers, 25, of Cadet, was sentenced to six months in prison for violating his probation in a 2011 case in which he pleaded guilty to being a felon in unlawful possession of a firearm.

Terms of his probation barred him from leaving Missouri, but his probation officer said he was seen at a Wal-Mart store in late June in Fort Myers, Florida. The Gulf Coast city is about 20 miles from where 46-year-old Teresa Sievers was found dead in her Bonita Springs home.

Scott said he expects Wright to be transferred to Florida within 30 to 60 days, while Rodgers "will step out one cell and right into another" once he completes his federal sentence."

21. AmazonRain

AmazonRain Verified Insider Dr. Teresa Sievers Case

I think one set of scenarios that can definitely be ruled out is that TS "surprised" people at the house or an intruder. According to JR 's girlfriend's aunt (Gaston), there is a bloody jumpsuit that was worn over clothing to commit the act. This suggests planning.