2015.10.15 CWW Booked into Lee County Jail

And that could be a reason MS hasnt been arrested. To add fuel to CWW fire. CWW is stuck behind bars going no where what his BFF is walking free. That cant sit well. But unless he is offered a deal to testify against MS whats in it for him? jmo.
Life in prison vs death penalty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

And that could be a reason MS hasnt been arrested. To add fuel to CWW fire. CWW is stuck behind bars going no where what his BFF is walking free. That cant sit well. But unless he is offered a deal to testify against MS whats in it for him? jmo.
I wonder if LE walks by CWW's cell every once in a while updating him about MS's free life on the outside? Or maybe that's just something I would do, haha!

All inmate phone calls made from jail are recorded. I'm sure all of JR's and Cww's are listened to. Where I worked, not every single call is listened to because there are so many. There were some inmates earmarked for listening.

All avenues of communication between the 3 is really not cut off, IMO. CWW could be getting a soon to be released inmate to pass messages to someone on the outside. Maybe that person will get someone else to relay that message. It happens all the time, IMO. That person could get a message from CWW to JR via family visit, or vice versa.There are ways.

MOO

All inmate phone calls made from jail are recorded. I'm sure all of JR's and Cww's are listened to. Where I worked, not every single call is listened to because there are so many. There were some inmates earmarked for listening.

All avenues of communication between the 3 is really not cut off, IMO. CWW could be getting a soon to be released inmate to pass messages to someone on the outside. Maybe that person will get someone else to relay that message. It happens all the time, IMO. That person could get a message from CWW to JR via family visit, or vice versa.There are ways.

MOO

I wonder if he is using calls from his phone card to make deals with the Lee County inmates. I would also love to know if he's had and new visitors recently.

MOO
Thanks for your insight. Please chime in whenever you want regarding prison procedures.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Even though CWW is charged in a Florida crime, Sheriff Scott said, "prison is prison." In many ways that is true, but as we have already heard....CWW hasn't had a lot of visitors in Florida. It is an awfully long drive and his "roots" are mostly in Missouri? However, "location" does make a huge difference to an inmate's family. California regularly "contracts out" to prisons in other states.
"As of November 20, 2013, California housed 8,302 of its state prisoners in private prisons in Arizona, Mississippi and Oklahoma. It sends more prisoners out of state than Hawaii, Idaho and Vermont combined." (warning, it is a long article, and you don't have to read it all... the first few paragraphs explains my point.)
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/...-out-of-state-to-reduce-its-prison-population
I was unaware of "for profit prisons" Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). until it happened to the son of one of my clients. (The same elderly couple who send the max $ allowed every month I wrote about before.) Their son was sent to a prison more than a thousand miles away from where he committed his crimes. It is tragic for the parents, but the young man committed the crimes.
A horrible situation! His VICTIMS did not choose to be victimized, so probably not a good idea for the convicted criminal to CHOOSE their place of incarceration, either. (That is my personal opinion, but I can't say that to the elderly couple. Their other kids are great.)
If sentencing assures the convict will never be released....why not plead guilty to an earlier crime in another state?

Even though CWW is charged in a Florida crime, Sheriff Scott said, "prison is prison." In many ways that is true, but as we have already heard....CWW hasn't had a lot of visitors in Florida. It is an awfully long drive and his "roots" are mostly in Missouri? However, "location" does make a huge difference to an inmate's family. California regularly "contracts out" to prisons in other states.
"As of November 20, 2013, California housed 8,302 of its state prisoners in private prisons in Arizona, Mississippi and Oklahoma. It sends more prisoners out of state than Hawaii, Idaho and Vermont combined." (warning, it is a long article, and you don't have to read it all... the first few paragraphs explains my point.)
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/...-out-of-state-to-reduce-its-prison-population
I was unaware of "for profit prisons" Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). until it happened to the son of one of my clients. (The same elderly couple who send the max $ allowed every month I wrote about before.) Their son was sent to a prison more than a thousand miles away from where he committed his crimes. It is tragic for the parents, but the young man committed the crimes.
A horrible situation! His VICTIMS did not choose to be victimized, so probably not a good idea for the convicted criminal to CHOOSE their place of incarceration, either. (That is my personal opinion, but I can't say that to the elderly couple. Their other kids are great.)
If sentencing assures the convict will never be released....why not plead guilty to an earlier crime in another state?

CWW is going to serve his time in Florida, IMO. No way would the Florida State Department of Corrections let a cold blooded murderer be transferred to another state when having committed (or been a part of) a murder as heinous as Dr. Sievers. The very last thing on their minds would be whether Florida imprisonment would be 'convenient' for CWW and his visitors.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one. Also, a murderer does not get transferred to a 'private prison', IMO. A privately owned prison does have to follow DOC guidelines but the employees are NOT as well trained as in the state DOC prisons.

Again, we'll see!

MOO

CWW is going to serve his time in Florida, IMO. No way would the Florida State Department of Corrections let a cold blooded murderer be transferred to another state when having committed (or been a part of) a murder as heinous as Dr. Sievers. The very last thing on their minds would be whether Florida imprisonment would be 'convenient' for CWW and his visitors.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one. Also, a murderer does not get transferred to a 'private prison', IMO. A privately owned prison does have to follow DOC guidelines but the employees are NOT as well trained as in the state DOC prisons.

Again, we'll see!

MOO

Explain a privarely owned prison in the USA and where one currently is located? I never heard of such a thing,

Thanks

I just copied this from Google. Will do more research....
The US Department of Justice statistics show that, as of 2013, there were 133,000 state and federal prisoners housed in privately owned prisons in the US, constituting 8.4% of the overall U.S. prison population.

Per wiki
A private prison or for-profit prison is a place in which individuals are physically confined or incarcerated by a third party that is contracted by a government agency. Private prison companies typically enter into contractual agreements with governments that commit prisoners and then pay a per diem or monthly rate for each prisoner in the facility. The privatization of prisons refers both to the takeover of existing public facilities as well as the building and operation of new and additional prisons by for-profit companies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain a privarely owned prison in the USA and where one currently is located? I never heard of such a thing,

Thanks

Florida privately operated correctional facilities -

http://www.dms.myflorida.com/business_operations/private_prison_monitoring

Florida Department of Management Services
In accordance with Chapter 957, Florida Statutes, the Bureau of Private Prison Monitoring is responsible for entering into contracts for the design, construction, and operation of privately operated correctional facilities.
The Bureau currently oversees the operational contracts of the following Florida correctional facilities:
1. Bay Correctional Facility
2. Blackwater River Correctional Facility
3. Gadsden Correctional Facility
4. Graceville Correctional Facility
5. Lake City Youthful Offender Facility
6. Moore Haven Correctional Facility
7. South Bay Correctional Facility

Am I the only one who watches Orange Is the New Black? Because that's totally factual :dance: But their prison was "bought" in the last season.

But yes I have heard of this. In real life.

Thanks

I just now read your post, MsJosie, and that is why there is a delay in answering you.

A privately owned prison is just that - privately owned. We have some in Louisiana and there are some in Texas. Those are the only two states I factually know about. They operate on 'consent decree' meaning that the state involved gives the prison(s) permission to operate under DOC guidelines. The guards have to be Post Certified within one year of employment date. Usually, the private prisons get state as well as Federal inmates but not ones who are charged with very serious crimes and certainly not murder. Most of the private prisons only receive inmates who have served significant time in the state (DOC) operated prisons. IOW, maybe an inmate who may have served 25 to 30 years of a life sentence in a state-run prison thereby being eligible for parole hearings and have a record of good behavior, will be sent to a private facility.

DOC will pull all state and Federal inmates out of private prisons in a heartbeat if they are in violation of any DOC guidelines. This has happened in both Louisiana and Texas. One in Texas was even shut down because of non-compliance. Private prisons attract employees of lesser character and integrity then the state prisons, IMO.

We have approximately 7 privately owned facilities in north and mid Louisiana alone. It is a big bone of contention here. I do not agree with there being privately owned prisons, but they do exist. I could give you the names of who owns them and where they are located, but I won't. Just look up privately owned prisons and detention facilities in Louisiana and you will have your answer. They are very lucrative, IMO, and sometimes not up to par. They are in it for the money, IMO, of course, and state prisons are in it for the punishment!

Sorry for the long answer, but you wanted to know!

MOO

Plenty of scandal re private prisons. What a great idea! People for sale!

Oh my gosh...thank you everyone. I never heard of a privately owned prison....always thought prisons were government owned. Thank you and yes I sure did want to know!

Am I the only one who watches Orange Is the New Black? Because that's totally factual :dance: But their prison was "bought" in the last season.

But yes I have heard of this. In real life.

No, i do not watch the show! To me it is interesting ir was brought in as part of the story line. Thanks.

I just now read your post, MsJosie, and that is why there is a delay in answering you.

A privately owned prison is just that - privately owned. We have some in Louisiana and there are some in Texas. Those are the only two states I factually know about. They operate on 'consent decree' meaning that the state involved gives the prison(s) permission to operate under DOC guidelines. The guards have to be Post Certified within one year of employment date. Usually, the private prisons get state as well as Federal inmates but not ones who are charged with very serious crimes and certainly not murder. Most of the private prisons only receive inmates who have served significant time in the state (DOC) operated prisons. IOW, maybe an inmate who may have served 25 to 30 years of a life sentence in a state-run prison thereby being eligible for parole hearings and have a record of good behavior, will be sent to a private facility.

DOC will pull all state and Federal inmates out of private prisons in a heartbeat if they are in violation of any DOC guidelines. This has happened in both Louisiana and Texas. One in Texas was even shut down because of non-compliance. Private prisons attract employees of lesser character and integrity then the state prisons, IMO.

We have approximately 7 privately owned facilities in north and mid Louisiana alone. It is a big bone of contention here. I do not agree with there being privately owned prisons, but they do exist. I could give you the names of who owns them and where they are located, but I won't. Just look up privately owned prisons and detention facilities in Louisiana and you will have your answer. They are very lucrative, IMO, and sometimes not up to par. They are in it for the money, IMO, of course, and state prisons are in it for the punishment!

Sorry for the long answer, but you wanted to know!

MOO

Ahhhh, just looked up Kansas privately owned prisons....and Leavenworth Detention Center, macium security federal priosn, is operated by Coeections Corporation of America, under contract by United States federal Marshals Service. One source was Wikipedia, but there are other sources. I am surprised...think I will do some more research as this is new to me....and ask my brother and husband about this....retired PD...city, county and federal.

Oh....thank you so much!

Florida privately operated correctional facilities -

http://www.dms.myflorida.com/business_operations/private_prison_monitoring

Florida Department of Management Services
In accordance with Chapter 957, Florida Statutes, the Bureau of Private Prison Monitoring is responsible for entering into contracts for the design, construction, and operation of privately operated correctional facilities.
The Bureau currently oversees the operational contracts of the following Florida correctional facilities:
1. Bay Correctional Facility
2. Blackwater River Correctional Facility
3. Gadsden Correctional Facility
4. Graceville Correctional Facility
5. Lake City Youthful Offender Facility
6. Moore Haven Correctional Facility
7. South Bay Correctional Facility

That is alot....i do wonder if they are given a rating...and what the rating is for each prison...i am sure the rating is public info but it might takt some digging to find.

Thanks so much!

I just copied this from Google. Will do more research....
The US Department of Justice statistics show that, as of 2013, there were 133,000 state and federal prisoners housed in privately owned prisons in the US, constituting 8.4% of the overall U.S. prison population.

Per wiki
A private prison or for-profit prison is a place in which individuals are physically confined or incarcerated by a third party that is contracted by a government agency. Private prison companies typically enter into contractual agreements with governments that commit prisoners and then pay a per diem or monthly rate for each prisoner in the facility. The privatization of prisons refers both to the takeover of existing public facilities as well as the building and operation of new and additional prisons by for-profit companies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is really a cost savings method or not. Thanks for the info!

I contacted the Florida Department of Corrections regarding transfers, here is their reply:

Question:

Greetings, just a general question concerning inmate transfers. Can a Florida State inmate be transferred to another State under certain circumstances? Thank you.

Reply FDC:

[FONT=&amp]Good Morning – [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Inmates can be transferred to another state. You would need to contact our Interstate Compact Department for more information on this process. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/ic/[/FONT]

Florida Department of Corrections
Office of Community Corrections
501 South Calhoun Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2500
(850) 717-3487
Fax: (850) 487-4427
fl.compact@mail.dc.state.fl.us

Thank You for your email.

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Wasn't it just a few years ago that a judge in Pennsylvania was convicted of a"cash for kids" scheme? He was incarcerating juveniles into a privately iwned facility and accepting kick-backs from the developer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back