2015.12.01 Sievers' husband hired killers, investigation shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, if he didn't have someone go check after her office called him with worry, that would be a problem, too. Rock and a hard place. He just isn't as smart as he thought he was.

Felicity! You have been such a staunch supporter of Mark. I am dying to know if this info pushes you over the edge into believing he is involved. No judgment. Just very curious how this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and LE did say they confirmed it. I'm only saying it for clarification that it wasn't a lie made up by MS.
It's not my thing, but I don't judge consenting adults if no one gets hurt.
Where did you read that LE confirmed that?

MS was pouring money out of the household & business for years---so where did that money go to? To whom & why?

Moo

Missed this reference so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I do remember reading that TS's luggage appeared to be rummaged through, and things were removed from her wallet (her AMEX was removed from its usual spot). Or maybe when CWW made the second trip to FL, he took a piece of mail address to TS? The latter makes more sense if the envelope was postmarked July 1.
CREEPINGSKILLS, I was thinking about "July 1" postmark on mail addressed to Teresa...Maybe "the piece of mail" was a monthly MAGAZINE?? I'm thinking something like JAMA, Women's Health, RedBook, Home & Garden, etc. I get magazines a week "before" they are sold in stores and have an "advanced date on the cover." Just trying to think out of the box on this.
So, besides IT Guru and The Hammer, purchasing "souvenir t-shirts" and "black towels" (I'LL EXPOUND ON THAT ITEM LATER!!) ...while they were staging the house, decided to take some magazines to read on the long drive home or to give to his wife, AW??? Considering some of the unbelievable and criminally comical mistakes they made from day one, it NEVER escaped my thoughts they had also taken other items from the home. (I mentioned it a little while back...thinking along the lines of a pair of expensive sunglasses, a piece of jewelry. DVD's, CD's, etc.) What a fabulous piece of incriminating evidence a preprinted, addressed magazine would be if it turned up in CWW's mobile home!
BTW....CSK Selfishly (on my part) it is so good to have you coming back to contribute your great ideas...you were greatly missed. :tyou: IQ

So, as horrifyingly tragic as this is, it vindicates what most of us felt would be the obvious ending, and there is a slightly satisfying feeling that justice will ultimately be served for this lovely woman.

I would love to hear from those vocal outliers--the supporters of Mark through thick and through thin--the ones who challenged the logic that he was involved, who challenged the people who saw how he operated, who could find innocuous reasons for every bizarre or suspicious action he took. Genuine question: Do you NOW believe he was involved? Or are you still waiting for more evidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we were Mark Siever supporters thru thick or thin. I myself never saw any evidence he was involved till now. Did I think he was? I have to say I wished he wasn't.
To me this is worse than the husband that murders his wife this guy PAID someone to kill the mother of his children.

I still do not understand why he has not been arrested?

I think this fact thru this entire case was what kept me on my fence. I always felt if they know he did this why have they not arrested him? It sure seems they have enough evidence against him so why have they not taken him into custody. This baffles me and
makes me think they don't really have enough to nail him.

And again I never wanted to think this guy had his wife murdered. And I wanted to see real evidence he paid for her death. The evidence has come out but the man is still free to roam the streets of Florida. Why?

AW certainly has me intrigued as far as how her mind works. She's a 43-year-old woman (44 on 12/31), and was a "newlywed" of a couple of months at the time of the murder. Yet, as a grown adult with children in her care, including her grandchild, she moans and groans and complains about her husband making a trip to Florida (one day down, one day there, one day back) without her. She complains in front of so MANY people!

Then, after CWW's return, she runs around telling those people that THEY were wrong and CWW never left MO. Nobody believes her, including KM, her own mother. The mother states that she even spent one of those nights with her daughter!

For the silly details, do read about it in the docs. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2630726-investigative-report-teresa-sievers-case.html

Then, she goes to LE with the same bunch of lies. Nobody backs her up, not even her mother.

At the same time, CWW made a big mistake with her. He didn't 'splain to her prior to the trip that it was not to be spoken of to ANYONE. So, she acts like a love-sick 16-year-old and happens to vent in front of the CTW. The CTW was the one who had the courage to put it all together and call LE. I admire her, whoever she is. Kudos also to her mother, KM, who has her daughter's number and told the truth.

Unfortunately, I doubt that LE could use this information to pry testimony loose from CWW in return for not pressing charges on his wife. As many have pointed out, he's no hero, willing to fall on his sword for his adoring spouse.

No arrest yet? :waitasec:

I'm going to have a great deal of patience, although it's not easy. If more time out and about or hunkered down in his house brings more arrests, so be it. Also, JR is still in Federal custody. Once he has served his term, FL will have him extradited. Until his arrest, they have no way of working a deal with him, unless he is already talking. He will need a FL attorney to work a deal for the truth. I don't see him as a person who will roll over and play dead for CWW. He will want to get a minimum sentence.

This Federal time is a blessing to FL. It has given them more time to investigate and has delayed starting the judicial clock on a speedy trial. If he flips on CWW and MS, it will make their trials a virtual slam-dunk (except, in FL it's not necessarily so). In addition, it extends the clock for MS. More time, more preparation, more arrests, hopefully.

So, my friend, patience. My only concern is for the welfare of MS daughters' well-being. At least DCHS is on their case.

I cannot stop thinking of the girls. MS has had months with these girls since the murder and it is sure sounding like he has been playing psychological games with them. Turning them against TS's family. IMO every day that he is with them is dangerous. Not only for their physical well being, but for their psychological well being. How much psychological damage has been done, and how many years will it take to undo? How are they coping daily, being so isolated?

I cannot stop thinking of the girls. MS has had months with these girls since the murder and it is sure sounding like he has been playing psychological games with them. Turning them against TS's family. IMO every day that he is with them is dangerous. Not only for their physical well being, but for their psychological well being. How much psychological damage has been done, and how many years will it take to undo? How are they coping daily, being so isolated?

So why don't they arrest him and get them out of there?
As I see it they cant just come in and take his children. So whats holding up the arrest?
Obviously hes not running...

I am not able to link…
On the Investigative Report, page 24 & 25…
The following break down of current information obtained through the deleted files of Curtis Wayne Wright's Garmin GPS that was recovered from the silver Hyundai:

Within this list..
On June 28, 2015 at 6:09 a.m., the alarm to the Sievers' is disarmed.

Does it mean it was part of the GPS or did they just add it in as a reference point?
Good point. Thanks for finding that for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OMG! I hope she's packing heat. I bet that was awkward. Good Lordy!
Then again, it may be good that someone that the kids know and trust is present to "observe" them.
In the video where she leaves the residence, MS leaves shortly after. Are the children home alone? Yoo hoo, DCF.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brent Batten: Unwitting suspects trapped themselves
12/3/2015 6:11 a.m
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/bren...a4-1c7a-34a1-e053-0100007fc74b-360116861.html

The 33-page affidavit isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Curtis Wayne Wright Jr. and Jimmy Ray Rodgers bludgeoned Sievers to death at her Bonita Springs home on June 28 or that her husband, Mark Sievers, put them up to it.

That's for a court of law to decide.

But in the court of public opinion, the affidavit makes a strong case all three are guilty of being technologically oblivious.

Why has Mark Sievers not been arrested?
Posted: Dec 02, 2015 6:10 PM CST Updated: Dec 02, 2015 11:10 PM CST
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30654014/why-has-mark-sievers-not-been-arrested
video only: https://youtu.be/gOKRar7sXG4

While his team of investigators continues working this open case, Sheriff Mike Scott said Mark Sievers and others remain in an envelope of suspicion.

"People now understand more why I would say such a thing given the facts and evidence that's been presented," Sheriff Scott said.

<snip>
"It's a better position for us to be in as we continue to let's just say put the finishing touches on the case," Sheriff Scott said.

The case is making national headlines as Sheriff Scott was interviewed on HLN's Nancy Grace Wednesday evening when she asked why Mark Sievers hasn't been arrested.

In the interview, Sheriff Scott said, "We have additional information to look through. We have additional evidence to work through and of course, Nancy, as a long time prosecutor, you understand the only thing more critical than making an arrest is making the arrest appropriately as such that it stands through the trials of court."

Sheriff Scott also assured NBC2 that his agency continues their investigation, but said there's no danger to the public in connection to this case.

(More at link and in video - including part of the SMS interview on Nancy Grace last night and the report that the visitor to the Sievers' residence yesterday is the children's tutor.)

[video=youtube;gOKRar7sXG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOKRar7sXG4[/video]

DCF reviewing welfare of children after documents show investigators believe Mark Sievers helped plan wife&#8217;s killing
Dec 2, 2015 8:09 p.m.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...elieve-mark-sievers-helped-pla-360058711.html

"We're very concerned about the girls. The family is concerned and distraught," Lisa said. "We hope they're OK."

Teresa Sievers' brother Frank Longobardi said he and his mother made a surprise visit to the Sieverses' home in mid-November to see one of the girls in a play.

"Due to what had been basically limited contact with the girls, and with the contact we had, it seemed as though they were being coached," he said.

Longobardi said the two girls were rude to him and their grandmother, although they all previously had a loving, warm relationship. It seemed to him that they looked to their father for approval before speaking.

"To me, the whole situation didn't smell very right," Longobardi said.

Lisa and Longobardi said the girls seem sad, tired and despondent, a departure from their typical silly, fun behavior even in the days right after their mother was killed.

"They're not the same girls," Lisa said.

Coming Thursday: With Tuesday&#8217;s release of more than 1,000 pages of investigative documents in the Teresa Sievers case, we now know more than ever about the crime, the players involved and the set of circumstances that led to Sievers&#8217; slaying in June at her Bonita Springs home. Join Naples Daily News crime reporter Jessica Lipscomb at 2 p.m. Thursday on naplesnews.com for a live chat to ask your questions about the case.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...elieve-mark-sievers-helped-pla-360058711.html

i posted this link upthread but couldn't see the content on the page until this morning:)
(my free access had run out)

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...odgers-estero-bonita-springs-doctor/76669924/
Big question: Will Mark Sievers be arrested?

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said he could not comment about Mark Sievers' role, but said the investigation is ongoing.

&#8220;If they look at the total body of work it&#8217;s pretty clear we&#8217;re being very thorough,&#8221; he said but added that there are reasons for everything that is done and not done.

&#8220;The problem is we can&#8217;t discuss those reasons,&#8221; the sheriff said.

&#8220;We have a group of people who did so much planning on the crime itself but never planned what to do if they got caught. They were very methodical and crafty,&#8221; he said. &#8220;But there was no plan B.&#8221;

Local attorneys had varying theories on why a Mark Sievers arrest may or may not happen.

Scot Goldberg, of Goldberg Law in Fort Myers, said he assumed there was a grand jury convened and that they would have charges to file against Sievers.

"I'm sure the grand jury will come out with indictments," he said. "What may happen, there may be two indictments."

He said that the indictments would likely target Sievers as well as Wright and that the Wright indictment might be a first-degree murder charge. Wright is in Lee County Jail facing a second-degree murder charge for Teresa Sievers' killing.

"I don't know how you can charge him with second-degree murder," Goldberg said. He said that the scope of the crime, planned and spanning several states, would nearly demand a first-degree charge.

"I think that the state may have run out of time," he said. "Unless a deal is happening."

Jennifer Zedalis, director of trial practice at the University of Florida's Levin College of Law, said she only knows about the case from watching news, but as a member of the Florida Bar for 34 years has an idea of what's going on.

&#8220;The defense attorneys for (Wright and Rodgers) are probably trying to make a deal to put their guy in front of the deal to &#8230; make a statement if they get a plea deal,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It could be that they&#8217;re trying to firm up the details of an agreement, and there&#8217;s always a scramble to know that you&#8217;re making the right decision.&#8221;

As for Mark Sievers, she said investigators just need something to connect him. But this is a narrative she's familiar with.

&#8220;It&#8217;s not surprising that it&#8217;s a spouse who arranged this,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It&#8217;s common knowledge that most cases like this &#8230; there&#8217;s usually a spouse involved.&#8221;

Department of Children and Families is aware of the documents released possibly tying Mark Sievers to the crime, but he retains custody of his two preteen daughters.

&#8220;We are involved with the family," DCF spokeswoman Natalie Harrell said. "At this time, we do not have any information that can be released.&#8221;

Zedalis said a person of interest in a case can walk freely while accusations swirl around them.

&#8220;It&#8217;s not that unusual even though it&#8217;s a little creepy,&#8221; she said.

Fort Myers defense lawyer Sawyer Smith was asked why someone implicated in a case like this would not yet be taken into custody. "Lack of evidence," he said.

Smith added: "I would suspect, in a case that's got the media attention that this one does, that the law enforcement agency investigating it ... is in constant communication with the state attorney's office and they're waiting to build as strong a case as they can before they make an arrest. Instead of rushing in and making an arrest that's gonna fail later, let's do it right. "

Smith said there's often subpoenas that need filed and layer upon layer of lawyers to weed through and possibly DNA testing.

"All that takes time. This isn't TV. You can't have a murder, solve a murder, arrest a defendant and try a defendant in 55 minutes," he said. "There's lots of complexities in these things. That's a good thing. That's why we have the Constitution and due process."

Smith said that he realizes people want arrests made and crime solved and to feel safe. He added that the state attorney and the sheriff also want to ensure the investigation be as fair and accurate as it can be, "so that a lawyer like me can't come in and exploit a weakness."

Robert Harris, a Fort Myers criminal defense attorney, said that the most damaging piece of evidence against Mark Sievers is Rodgers telling his girlfriend that Mark Sievers hired Wright to commit the murder.

&#8220;That is classic hearsay,&#8221; he said. &#8220;That would be a huge focal point for me as a lawyer to object at the point where the girlfriend said anything about what the co-defendant said about Mr. Sievers."

And hearsay won't cut it.

&#8220;I would say clearly the best way to secure a conviction against Mr. Sievers would be to have Mr. Wright or Mr. Rodgers testify that they were hired by the husband,&#8221; Harris said.

Harris said that, in his experience, there's not much more damning than physical evidence, especially the kind that is hard to erase.

&#8220;It seems like every case I have, someone leaves a piece of incriminating evidence on a cellphone,&#8221; he said. &#8220;People always leave a trail."

Why on earth he didn't get a lawyer sooner is incredibly chutzpah - probably thinking he'd never be suspect because he was out of town. Foolish and shortsighted. A lawyer would have, probably did by now, smack his head and ask why he willingly handed over his phone.

Admitting affairs is one thing, but I think LE would still ask to see his phone. Some people would say no thank you, I want a lawyer now. Maybe he thought he was smarter than LE (*snorf*) and they'd only thumb through it and not really pay attention? Like maybe they'd be satisfied he had nothing to hide if he was so willing to just hand it over? Dufus. Thank goodness.

I think he was confident that all the BAD stuff was on the throw away phones and not the one he was using at that time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member