2017.05.26 Sievers' Home on Jarvis Road Burglarized

No, the bank would not still need an owner's signature. Because by the time a bank is marketing a property, the bank has legally acquired the property through the process called foreclosure.

Foreclosure is a legal process determined by individual state laws. So how long it takes for a bank to get the property can vary from state to state. Here in Pennsylvania it takes a minimum of a year for the entire process. In other states it is shorter. The bank does not get ownership until a court awards it - at the end of the process. Thus, the person/s on the deed still own the house and may access it. The bank can not control the property until they own it.

Any personal property still within the property during the foreclosure period still belongs to the owner of the house. Of course it is never wise to leave valuable personal property inside an unoccupied house. But people do it.

You are welcome, Arachne. I remember MS had a brother, but I thought he moved out of MO. He is a lawyer, or was studying to be one.
I had MS's brother mixed up with a lawyer in Illinois until someone posted or PM'd me a link.

If you try googling his name with 'mortgage banker missouri' you should find something.

ETA: RSBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back