2021 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by PayrollNerd, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

I didn’t know that tornados sound like trains! Thank you, I learned something.

I don’t understand it, but the sound wasn’t coming from the northwest with Elsa, it was travelling southwest. Maybe the outer part of the swirl pattern. I haven’t heard any confirmations yet.

No one hurt or any damages that I know of.

2. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

A little messy off the coast of Jax….

Tropical system may pop-up near Florida

An old frontal boundary has been hanging out over the SE U.S. for the past couple of days and it looks like we could see a little spin-up move off the coast of NE Florida this weekend.

The National Hurricane Center is now upping the chances to 30% for development by Sunday.

MaryG12, Lexiintoronto, anneg and 2 others like this.
  3. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

SWFL may get some rain tomorrow and it's a bit drizzly here this morning. At least it's clearing the pollen out of the air.

Tropical disturbance to bring more storms to Florida (msn.com)
    The National Hurricane Center is now calling a disturbance off of Florida’s east coast Invest 90L. The chances of it developing into a tropical cyclone is now up to 40%. It is over some warm water and conditions are becoming somewhat favorable for development.
    upload_2021-7-24_9-8-11.png