IL - 4 dead, including 15-year old girl, and 11 injured in stabbing attack by suspect - Mar 27, 2024

The dead have been identified as a 15-year-old girl, a 63-year-old woman, a 49-year-old man, and a 22-year-old man.
“The dead have been identified as a 15-year-old girl, a 63-year-old woman, a 49-year-old man, and a 22-year-old man.

13 WREX has confirmed with the U.S. Postal Service that one of their letter carriers are among those who passed away. Postal inspectors are on scene with local police.”

The article refers to a bystander who attempted to intervene to help one of the victims, and I’m wondering if this poor soul might be the mail carrier.

So did this happen all at once, within rapid succession of each other, or over time?

seems like all at once ...

The Winnebago County Sheriff's Office now tells 13 WREX that 11 people were hurt in Wednesday's attack.

The initial medical call came in at 1:14 p.m. in the 2300 block of Holmes St. when multiple other calls came in from other parts of the neighborhood.

22-year-old Christian Soto has been identified as the suspect in the Rockford stabbing. The incident resulted in four fatalities and seven injuries in Winnebago County. Among the deceased are Jacob Schupbach and Jay Larson, a USPS mail carrier.

Four people were killed and seven were hurt when a man went on a stabbing rampage Wednesday across multiple locations in a northern Illinois community, authorities said.

A 22-year-old man is in police custody and was being questioned, according to Rockford Police Chief Carla Redd. She said one of the people who was wounded remained in critical condition.

and

Not all of the victims found at multiple addresses in the city had stab wounds and none were shot, according to Redd.

Pictured: 'Knifeman', 22, charged after four people were killed including girl, 15, and mailman, during a 20-minute bloody rampage in suburban Illinois that started as a home invasion

In total, four people are dead, including a 15-year-old girl and a 49-year-old mailman. The other victims were a 22-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman.
Started as a home invasion .....

In some cases where the perp may be let off lighter if charged in a home invasion, where no one is injured or killed -- I always fear that once a perp is inside your home, that things can escalate quickly ?
A home invasion is deadly serious.
Imo , Do. Not. Cooperate. with the perp, if it comes to that.
Fight for your life instantly, as it may very well be that scenario.

I am amazed, in a bad way, that he was able to kill and injure that many people.
Stabbing takes time, and is up close and personal !
And while he was committing the murder on one person, the others may be grabbing their own weapon or fleeing.
I wonder if he forced them to lay down or had immobilized them somehow ?
Just illustrates that if a perp is willing to kill, it doesn't matter what weapon they use.
He must have been in a frenzy, wonder if he tested positive for anything ?
Rest in peace to the victims.
Omo.

Last edited:

2 April Court Date

Defendant:
Christian Ivan Soto, M/22

Decedents:
Jay Larson, M/49
Jenna Newcomb, F/15
Jacob Schupbach, M/23
Ramona Schupbach, F/63

CBS News:

WIFR-TV:

May the Injured Have a Full and Rapid Recovery.

Last edited:
The following article (from a few days ago) has some horrific details about how CS attacked & killed his multiple victims. **Be forewarned because disturbing info is included in the following article.**

He remains in custody at the Winnebago County Jail until his next appearance on April 15.

During his court appearance Tuesday, Soto caused a scene in the courtroom, requiring the room to be cleared. He yelled things like “Only God can judge me,” ”You are all puppets,” and “You are all serpents; everyone here is a serpent.”
Suspect in Rockford attacks causes courtroom scene, deemed ‘threat to community’

During his court appearance Tuesday, Soto caused a scene in the courtroom, requiring the room to be cleared. He yelled things like “Only God can judge me,” ”You are all puppets,” and “You are all serpents; everyone here is a serpent.”
Suspect in Rockford attacks causes courtroom scene, deemed ‘threat to community’

Interesting. I wonder if he will need to be assessed about his fitness to stand trial?

Could he be pretending for an insanity defense? I ask because LE said he was clear in recounting his actions once they apprehended him.

"Following his arrest in the frenzied attack, the suspect, Christian Soto, waived his Miranda rights to remain silent and told investigators he was high on marijuana he claimed was given to him by one of the slaying victims that he believed was laced with a strong narcotic, Winnebago County State's Attorney J. Hanley said at a news conference Thursday.

But Hanley said Soto was conscious throughout the entire rampage and recalled details of each attack in his interview with investigators."

Note: This quote is from the following article. Please be forewarned that the article has horrific details.

who knows. The insanity defense is often a gambit a perp will try. Usually when they have no real understanding of how hard it is to prove someone is insane enough to avoid prosecution based on incompetence.

He may well have mental health problems but still not be legally insane

17 May Court Date

Defendant:
Christian Ivan Soto, M/22

Decedents:
Jay Larson, M/49
Jenna Newcomb, F/15
Jacob Schupbach, M/23
Ramona Schupbach, F/63

Christian Ivan Soto - IL - Google Search

May the Injured Have a Rapid and Complete Recovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back