26 August 2013 hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel sorry for her. She's was of those feminist man haters that I just hate. The woman is always the victim, the man is always the villian. It's not about feminism or equality, it's about hate. She came into a situation and decided she had everyone figured out and that Jodi just had to be a victim and disregarded any evidence to the contrary. She tried to pull the wool over a jury's eyes to get a murderer off, and lied not just about her credentials, but lied for Jodi to cover up for her. And now she is going along with the can't testify because of death threats idiocy set up by the DT. I have no sympathy for this woman. None.

And seems to be like now she has another cause....anti death-penalty. She keeps talking about "people r filled with hate, I don't know why," and remember CMJA said someone had told her that "society just likes to persecute people." So now, even if ALV knows she was wrong, she is gonna think she's right because she's trying to "save a life."

Yes, all of this, BUT I don't think any of this is JSS's fault. This is how it's done. She's just following protocol. It's why cases take years to hit the court room. The more guilty a defendant, the longer it takes. I don't think she really has a choice.

Didn't JSS say she wanted the trial to start again around the end of September? So another hearing on 9/16 might be just about right. jmo

I doubt it. The defense will just file more motions for which JSS will have to set more conference hearings to rule on. And on and on. I hope it does start in Sept. though. Not holding my breath. MOO

Nurmi and Wilmott had a little chamber thing with the judge without Jodi and have been milling about the court room.

I don't think it will start in Sept, But I think that she will set the trial date at the next hearing. Now they have the transcript so that was the biggest issue.

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 57s
Nurmi now leaves, having collected what appears to be a dozen copies of the same document, a stack more than a foot tall. #JodiArias

The transcripts of the trial. That was the main hold up. HLN just reported they got them in their hands.

HLN said new jury needs to be death penalty qualified also. I guess they would since they can give JA the death penalty. That will make it harder yet to find a jury anywhere. What a mess.

September 16 is only 2 weeks away, so that is not bad. JSS will rule on any motions and set a trial date by then, Juan may or may not be finished with his current trial, but would be better able to tell when he will be finished for scheduling purposes, Nurmi/Wimott will have time to figure out their calendars and clear whatever amount of time they all decide this phase shall take. It will take a few weeks, but I couldn't guess how many, depends on how they decide to proceed.

I do hope the quote about transcripts was wrong on pages. No way all those weeks is only 1,500 pages. It may be 15,000 pages or more for the entire trial. 1,500 would only be a couple of days or so.

They are rehashing Alice's interview on HLN again. She's as phony as Jodi-maybe that's why they hit it off so well?

Just listening to the ALV re-play clip again on HLN...I really think she is doing this "I'm not gonna testify because I'm scared" thing to help the Jodi cause. I really really believe this. She wanted to get in on tape, on record, that she was intimidated so that Nurmi can use that in their appeal. This is all orchestrated by the defense, I am 100% sure of it.

Nurmi and Wilmott had a little chamber thing with the judge without Jodi and have been milling about the court room.

Hmmm...you have an inside source. Was this before or after the hearing?

ALV is a professional (?). It is her job. She is responsible to know the facts not just Jodi's facts. (lol)

The damage that ALV has done to abused men and women everywhere is unacceptable.

Also, it is not her choice to not go back to court. If the judge subpoena's her she must go back. I don't think the defense wants her.

I think that no matter what ALV said, and her stance, she was a paid defense witness, The issue I have with her is that she did not at all seem to be balanced in her opinion. She did not at all seem to have looked at that actual evidence to see if her client was telling the truth to her.

I feel that in the beginning she thought this would be a coup for her and her practice but it went south when she just spouted JA quotes and opinions at us.

No one deserves to be threatened or abused. No one.

September 16 is only 2 weeks away, so that is not bad. JSS will rule on any motions and set a trial date by then, Juan may or may not be finished with his current trial, but would be better able to tell when he will be finished for scheduling purposes, Nurmi/Wimott will have time to figure out their calendars and clear whatever amount of time they all decide this phase shall take. It will take a few weeks, but I couldn't guess how many, depends on how they decide to proceed.

I do hope the quote about transcripts was wrong on pages. No way all those weeks is only 1,500 pages. It may be 15,000 pages or more for the entire trial. 1,500 would only be a couple of days or so.

Duplex or simplex?

OH Cry me a river ALV she is so wrong still sticking up for the CMJA I can not believe she has to be living in a cave to not see how every one of the CM lies where disproved in court over and over. I wish the trial would get a start date soon the family of TA is going thru hell and the DT keeps saying we want out well stop all of the motions and delays and the sooner you start the sooner you can withdraw and let an appeals team take over. You know little miss murder is already working on her appeal. The poor abused girl She makes me sick,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆