26 teenage girls found dead at sea, November 2017

margarita25

Reaction score
26 teenage girls found dead at sea
www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/europe/26-teenage-migrants-dead-at-sea/index.html

"Italian authorities have launched an investigation into the cause of death of 26 teenage girls whose bodies were recovered in the Mediterranean Sea on Sunday.

The girls, aged 14-18, are believed to have been migrants from Niger and Nigeria who had embarked on the treacherous route to Europe from Libya over the weekend.

Lorena Ciccotti, Salerno's head of police, told CNN that autopsies would be carried out on Tuesday and that coroners would be investigating whether the girls had been tortured or sexually abused."

*more at link

Those poor girls. I would guess they were heading into a life of sex slavery and misery.

Oh no! My heart! I agree that this was likely sex slavery related. Hope they report soon and let us know. With survivors it's likely we will learn more than we wanna know.

RIP girls, it's not fair you were born into a hard life.

Sounds like a story from "Bloodline".
I am beginning 1/2 of the humans on earth are merely animals that look human!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

that's not fair to animals IMO

Sounds like a story from "Bloodline".
I am beginning 1/2 of the humans on earth are merely animals that look human!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

awful, awful, awful
RIP girls
I hope they can discover who the ringleaders are

26 teenage girls found dead at sea
www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/europe/26-teenage-migrants-dead-at-sea/index.html

"Italian authorities have launched an investigation into the cause of death of 26 teenage girls whose bodies were recovered in the Mediterranean Sea on Sunday.

The girls, aged 14-18, are believed to have been migrants from Niger and Nigeria who had embarked on the treacherous route to Europe from Libya over the weekend.

Lorena Ciccotti, Salerno's head of police, told CNN that autopsies would be carried out on Tuesday and that coroners would be investigating whether the girls had been tortured or sexually abused."

*more at link

Any updates?

Eta:

Two Men Are Accused of Smuggling After 26 Girls Were Found Dead in the Mediterranean
http://time.com/5014624/nigeria-migrant-deaths-italy-smuggling/

"The Guardian reports that the two suspected smugglers, identified as Al Mabrouc Wisam Harar from Libya and Mohamed Ali Al Bouzid from Egypt, are accused of trafficking at least 150 people, but prosecutors have not directly linked them to the deaths."

Snip

"Investigators suspect that the women and girls, some as young as 14, may have been murdered while attempting the dangerous smuggling route between Libya and Europe. The bodies were reportedly discovered by an anti-trafficking rescue boat called the Cantabria at the site of two separate shipwrecks."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back