3 October 2012 Vigil for Lisa Irwin 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.
an ex of mine lives in KC... i really should call him and ask how many of these supposed fliers he's seen in the area where he lives/works...

I think that Mike guy might have chosen his words more wisely when he said that Deb and Jeremy won't toot their own horn so he'll do it. It could have given some people the impression that the vigil was to toot the parents horn.

I think that Mike guy might have chosen his words more wisely when he said that Deb and Jeremy won't toot their own horn so he'll do it. It could have given some people the impression that the vigil was to toot the parents horn.

Thanks for giving an opinion of how you see this vigil. I think that <modsnip> it doesn't matter what Lisa's parents do or say, they will be looked upon in a negative light.

Now it appears if friends of theirs speak for them, their criticized no matter what they say or do. Why do you feel that Mike chose his words poorly when he said things in support of Lisa's parents?

all this talk about fliers? was this event a vigil for lisa or an attempt for "good" PR for deb? hmmm :waitasec:

RBBM:

:rocker: Excellent Point !

The "vigil" was for Lisa ... but "as usual", it was an "event" for Deborah, Jeremy and their attorneys to "spin" their "story" ...

JMO and :moo:

Thanks for giving an opinion of how you see this vigil. I think that <modsnip> it doesn't matter what Lisa's parents do or say, they will be looked upon in a negative light.

Now it appears if friends of theirs speak for them, their criticized no matter what they say or do. Why do you feel that Mike chose his words poorly when he said things in support of Lisa's parents?

I didn't say anything about the rest of what he said. If it was true I have no issue with it whatsoever. I just think it's probably unwise to say things like "they're not going to toot their own horn so I'm going to" because it may give people the impression that the focus is on tooting the parents' horn.

But you are probably right and no matter how many fliers they hand out, there is going to be some negativity as long as they're not answering the questions the police want answered. Usually it gets more goodwill if the police says you've been cooperating with everything. And the "IwassodrunkIdontrememberseeingmybaby" thing will not go away with the flyers either.

My opinion is that to many, the parent can hire dogs/search teams/PI's/etc. to try to find their daughter and that still would not be enough because they will not talk to LE. And that's not necessarily a wrong opinion to have, they should be doing everything to find BL and yes that includes talking to LE. I think no matter what happens, even if by some miracle BL is found alive, many will always think of DB as a bad parent.

DB isnt doing all the talking about fliers. Looks to me as if we are the ones who are talking about them. The thread is about the vigil and yet this whole page is nothing but fliers.

DB isnt doing all the talking about fliers. Looks to me as if we are the ones who are talking about them. The thread is about the vigil and yet this whole page is nothing but fliers.

:seeya: Yes, this thread is about the vigil -- BUT the issue about the fliers came up in the interviews AT the vigil ...

I went back and reviewed some of the videos of the news coverage of the vigil.

In this video, the news reporter says:

"... They've passed out 60,000 pieces of paper with her picture on it since she disappeared. ... "

The appx. mark in the video is at 2:17

Link: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...ar-anniversary-of-disappearance#ixzz28LsTvReq

So ... that is why the number of fliers has come up ...

I hope this helps ...

:please: for Lisa !

How many people attended the vigil? Were there families there? Neighbors? Co-workers? I always am curious as to who attends these.

How many people attended the vigil? Were there families there? Neighbors? Co-workers? I always am curious as to who attends these.

Jeremy's family (that had never met Lisa) were up in front with the parents. DB's dad and at least one brother were out in the crowd with the general public.

Lisa, little one, you are never far from my mind. I still have hope someone will come to their senses and speak up one day about what truly happened. In the meantime, sleep sweetly.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19995240/family-still-holds-out-hope

Friends and family of a missing Lathrop woman are holding out hope that she will be found alive.

A vigil was held Saturday at the Lathrop City Park in Carol Jo Thompson's honor.

~~

A box held prayers left by those attending, about 40 altogether, including the mother of baby Lisa, Debbie Bradley, who read a poem she had written for Thompson and Thompson's steadfast sister who comforted Bradley as she took comfort herself from those in attendance.

Here is a photo of Deborah at Carol Thompson's vigil taken from the video below.

debcarolthompsonvigil.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xb_G60MV5tE#!

Carol's thread on WS:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176110"]MO MO - Carol Thompson, 50, Lathrop, 15 June 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

its heartbreaking to watch the youngest boy cry for lisa :(

while both boys clung to one of their grandfathers (?) the older boy had no reaction to deb rubbing his arm and the youngest walked away when she started rubbing his head... is anything to be made of this? or the fact both boys were standing with family other than their parents... ?

I was very disturbed by that...both boys responded to Jeremy's parents, but his son froze when Deb touched him & looked almost scared/bewildered that she was there by his grandpa...then her son runs from her awkward display of comforting him, then she wipes her nose, then wipes it on Grandpa Irwin. Then she runs off right as the music ends as if on cue, without either a look or a word to Grandpa. The whole thing gave me the creeps, big time.
MOO

Five times I have counted it up on my fingers. It's been over four months since these parents/this family has done anything to stir the public interest in baby Lisa's disappearance.

Is the lack of publicity because they are doing so much that it's all the "sameo-sameo" and they can't get an audience because the public has been too saturated with their pleas or is it because they're not doing anything?

I would suggest that they do have access to very effective public personalities and some strange semi-anonymous financial backer/donor who seem to have rushed to the parents' defense. But I've yet to see these resources put into action for any real search or public appeal on baby Lisa's behalf.

How can they stand to be so inconspicuous? So quiet? So accepting?

OMGosh, if I were working for and asking for help to find my baby and getting no results ~ I would call every publicist and beg them to do an article on public burnout and apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member