30 days for flipping judge the bird

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Kat, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Woman-...s-30-Day-Sentence-for-Contempt-189691991.html

By Brian Hamacher

| Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013 | Updated 12:55 PM EST

There is a video at the link above but for some reason we are having serious issues with our internet and I can't tell if it's the same as this one on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLA7dQ-uxR0&feature=player_embedded"]Flipping the Bird to the Judge - YouTube[/ame]

Thought it was interesting enough to share :)

2. Loading...

3. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Active Member

She looks like she's on something - and the giggling is not good, but I don't agree with the Judge upping her bail to 10K for her "adios", and it just went south after that.

4. txsvicki

txsvicki New Member

She was making fun of him and of his accent I think? He was willing to consider she might be on drugs. She denied doing any the night before. The girl should never have laughed during the thing. He was just waiting til the end to nail her.

5. angela

angela New Member

She totally deserved it.

6. *~Aimee~*

*~Aimee~* A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes

kids now days ugh.....my hubby nephew is sitting in jail because he was told to go to high school and he didn't. He thought GED classes would do. So the judge told him that was not what he was told to do. He was to get 30 days but it is turning into 3 months. I think he needs longer. All his siblings have been in/out of prison, a BIL OD'd on heroin. Just hubby sister was def not a good mom and her BF was not a good dad. I am not surprised at all by those 3 kids. I feel for them but they deserve all they get. Think they could be in charge like this girls attitude.

7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I was hoping someone would post this! (I was too lazy!).

This girl is a mess. The fact that this girl acted that immaturely and disrespectfully does not bode well for her future.

I think this judge may have done her a real favor.

8. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Active Member

She's was back in court and appears to have gone to jail charm school.

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=66d_1360206596"]LiveLeak.com - Girl who Flipped the Bird to the Judge Returns to Court Today[/ame]

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/06/3220480/bird-flipping-drug-suspect-back.html

Soto appeared in drug court Wednesday, where a different judge, Jeffrey Rosinek, told her she would be released once she served the contempt sentence and that her case would be dismissed with the completion of a drug program.

9. Tucarra

Tucarra New Member

Saw this video watching the news today...

Horrible behavior....she should get more for just that smart mouth disrespect of anything...nevertheless a judge, in court, where she is being tried...

Doubt it's legal, but wish they did a drug test right afterwards...

Terrible attitude for that young woman...hope she 'wisens up' before it's too late...

10. gitana1

Well, it wasn't really for saying the word "adios". It was for her very flip and disrespectful attitude all along. he let her slide until then. That adios was meant to convey a message to the judge that she didn't take him or the proceedings seriously and found it all ridiculous.

BTW, here is the full hearing: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ourt/-/1719418/18434074/-/42jh8a/-/index.html

He did appoint an attorney for her on the contempt right then and there.

Thank you so much for posting this video. Big difference.

11. Jan

Jan New Member

The girl deserved every day of the 30 day sentence. I think she got off easy. I hope she learned a lesson.

12. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

She Absolutely did. Respect! That is alot of the problem today with lots of the youth, They lost Respect.

13. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

Unfortunately, a lot of people are going to just say, "Lighten up! What's the big deal?"

(I happen to agree with you, but I also know we've become so socially and morally lax as a society...things we don't think twice about nowadays would have caused an uproar 50 years ago.)

14. Kat

Thank you for posting that second video. It looks like she had a reality check. I hope she is successful with her rehab and moves forward in life. She learned a hard lesson and I hope it's not one she has to repeat.

15. txsvicki

txsvicki New Member

Still playing with her hair, and the attorney doing the talking. I could barely hear this video.

16. Kat

17. gitana1

Oh, the link no longer works but I found another one: [ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50140667n"]Fla. teen who flipped off judge apologizes - CBS News Video[/ame]

Apparently she was definitely on drugs at the time. However, it seems like her mother is more contrite and ashamed than the girl is. (And I have a feeling she is just very spoiled). But I hope you're right, Kat. She's young enough to change.

18. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

She was obviously higher than a kite.

The rudeness was bad but what was she thinking going to court like that? Maybe she was nervous so she popped a few Xanax to help her out? LOL. I think that is exactly what she did and yeah sho' nuff it made her plenty relaxed!