33 miners in Chile are alive, but stuck for MONTHS!

Wow this guy is awesome...so full of energy and appears to have a great sense of humor. Wonder what he pulled out of that bag and handed to the onlookers?

It is really something to watch them get in from below and then surface. 2010 is going to be known as the year of first. The first time men have survived underground about 2 to 3,000 ft. below the surface, for 2 months with a live feed and then the first time we witnessed an oil spill from about 5,000 ft. below on the ocean floor, for about 91 days also with live feed.

They are bringing the most healthy ones up first. I guess they will all suffer from PTS.

God bless these men!!!! Oh, I've been crying like mad. At my mom's to watch! We have South American satellite channels to watch on when CNN goes to commercial. This is incredible. To hear that second gentleman cheering and calling out while coming up in the tube, wow!!!

I'm hoping they don't have PTSD. This is a strong bunch and they don't have to deal with dead friends left behind. Also, they were in contact with the surface for most of that time, they kept a schedule, etc. I think they will do better than expected. They'll be okay. I'm praying for them.

When I saw the little boy start to cry that was it for me, I'm worried about the door. I know they have to go slow because a lot of things can go wrong physically.

With all the technology we have it comes down to a spinning wheel with rope and a capsule. Sometimes the easiest ways is the best.

This has been awesome to witness! I got shivers and feel on the verge of sobbing. God bless these men and their families and every single person who helped in the recovery. Miraculous.

The Human Spirit at its finest.

Godspeed for the rest of them.....

I think everyone here has shed a tear or is just plain sobbing. I cry every time one comes up. This is history being made. Wow for the President to come out and give each one special time. The President also said he will not allow this mine to continue operation until they make the mine safe.

HERE HE IS!!!! the 3rd is uP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! OR WHOEVER YOU WANT TO PRAISE!! I AM SO EXCITED!

God Bless Chile! God Bless these men and everyone that helped bring these men back up. Let's not forget all the men that have lost lives teaching us all valuable lessons.

I am so happy that all the cable news stations (except HLN) are broadcasting this live.
I'll watch this as long as I can keep my eyes open.

Bravo to the Chilean President for telling the world that once these men are all on the surface the mine will be closed forever.

The healthiest ones have made it up, now the ones who are not so well will start coming up. They are talking about all the things that can go wrong, a rock collapse, the oxygen could stop, which 15 minutes with no air could be a disaster. They just had an earthquake a while back, which knocked the country over an inch.

Why did the healthy ones go up first? shouldnt of it been the other way around?

The healthiest ones have made it up, now the ones who are not so well will start coming up. They are talking about all the things that can go wrong, a rock collapse, the oxygen could stop, which 15 minutes with no air could be a disaster. They just had an earthquake a while back, which knocked the country over an inch.

I wish I could stay awake for all the time this takes. I just hope and pray they all make it up safely and and healthy as possible.

Thanks to, and my hats off, to each and every person who helped to make this happen!

In case something went wrong they wanted somebody strong in there and not somebody who was weak and not thinking right. They weren't sure this was gonna work, until the first guy came up.

In case something went wrong they wanted somebody strong in there and not somebody who was weak and not thinking right. They weren't sure this was gonna work, until the first guy came up.
ahh ok i understand now

IIRC - their thinking was that the strongest would be sent up first because of it being a "maiden" voyage, they would be the ones to physically withstand any problems that might arise.

I wish I could stay awake for all the time this takes. I just hope and pray they all make it up safely and and healthy as possible.

Thanks to, and my hats off, to each and every person who helped to make this happen!

They say it could take up to 48 hrs so I don't think I'll be able to watch the whole thing either. I pray they all come home safely.

They said one of them asked as he was being loaded into the ambulance "How is the dog?" lol What a wonderful miracle we are seeing!

When I first heard that it would be a couple of months before they could get these guys out I thought they would never make it. Now I can't wait until the last one is out. These guys are all hero's but IMO will need a lot of mental therapy. I hope they don't have to work another day in their lives and their family and them are all sent on a long vacation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back